Is baptismal regeneration…

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 2 : 38-39 or 20: 28 does not say anything about an oath.

Really?

acts 2:38-39

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

“this promise”

a promise from God is an oath!

And an oath is a sacrament!

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Really?

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

“this promise”

In your imagination which seems to work overtime.

Reactions: mailmandan

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really?

“this promise”

fundamentalism: faith without reason!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More of your lies. A disciple is a disciplined follower. Catholics baptize babies, are babies disciples?
Can you show me where the Bible says that one must be a “disciplined follower: in order to be Baptized?
Chapter and Vers
e, please.

While you’re at it – you might want to consider that 8-day-old baby boys entered into the Covenant with God in the OT through circumcision.
A “Covenant” by definition is a sacred agreement between TWO or more parties. AND - can you show me where it is "forbidden" in the NT?

Soooooo, if an 8-day-old baby can enter a Covenant with God through the guidance and faith of his parents – can you explain how an infant CANNOT enter the New Covenant through Baptism in the same way?

Acts 2:38-39
And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. FOR THE PROMISE IS FOR YOU AND FOR YOUR CHILDREN and for all who are far off, everyone whom the Lord our God calls to himself.”

Reactions: Marymog

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The true circumcision pertains not to the flesh , nor that which appeareth on the outside ,
but rather circumcision is and cometh from WITHIN and that by GOD and that by fAITH IN CHRIST ALONE . PEROID .
Circumsize the foreskin of your hearts . COME TO CHRIST and let not the CC or any other who entered not in,
HINDER YE from entering in either . They hold not the keys of the kingdom they have not entered into that kingdom
And thus cannot point ye nor any to the one BY which YE can enter into the true kingdom . FOR they know neither GOD
nor the SON whom HE did send . ITS VERY SERIOUS that we learn Christ for ourselves
cause it aint just the ol CC that is tanked its nearly all within even the protestant realm . LEARN YE CHRIST
and put on the whole armour of GOD that ye may be able to withstand the evil and the false prophets who have come and do come
ONLY to decieve . LEARN those bibles so as you will no longer be tossed to and fro by the doctrines of such dangerous men
who have for centuriies sat high upon thrones loving the worship of men and the pre eminence and knowing niether GOD nor CHRIST .
HURRY cause the decievers are not slwoing down and the deceptoin and deceptions of men gone wrong only increases .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A sacrament is an oath! A sacred promise from God! Ez 36:25-27

Jesus says: I remind you you’re still under oath!

A sacrament is an outward sign for all men including infants And a gift from God to help us see what he does inwardly and invisibly by his grace!

As grace Washes our souls in the merits of Jesus blood from original and personal sin, so the outward action of washing is visible!

without the outward action the inward action cannot take place!

Jn 3:5 Titus 3:5 water and washing
acts 22:16 wash away your sin!

Jn 3:5 Born again BY water and the spirit! Not by “faith alone”!

They did not go to Jerusalem and preach “accept Christ as you’re personal Lord and savior “

They went to the river (water) and they baptized! Jn 3:22

A covenant requires an outward sign of the inward action of grace!

Ez 36:25 I will sprinkle you with clean water and you shall be made white as snow.

Acts 22:16 washing away your sins.

Eph 4:5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism.

1 pet 3:21 baptism saves you.

Baptism!

God breathed life into Adam, gen 2:7 and we received this life from our fathers!

Christ breathed on the apostles our spiritual fathers, we receive the new covenant life of God’s grace from them thru faith & baptism! Jn 20:21-23 Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38 eph 2

Born again! Born from above!

'The Father has set his seal' on Christ (John 6:27) and also seals us in him (cf. 2 Corinthians 1:22; Ephesians 1:23, 4:30). Because this seal indicates the indelible effect of the anointing with the Holy Spirit in the sacrament of Baptism,

Baptism indeed is the seal of eternal life." 87 The faithful Christian who I has "kept the seal" until the end, remaining faithful to the demands of his Baptism, will be able to depart this life "marked with the sign of faith," 88 with his baptismal faith, in expectation of the blessed vision of God - the consummation of faith - and in the hope of resurrection.

St. Paul tells the faithful at Ephesus that they have been “sealed with the promised Holy Spirit.” This is in terms of an indelible character imprinted on the soul in the sacraments of baptism and confirmation. It is not as if this invisible mark is simply decorative. Rather, through it, we are enabled to participate in Christ’s mission and in his offices of priest, prophet, and king. Eph 1:13

Sealed by God eph 1:13 sealed by God (ez 36:25-27) in the ark of salvation by baptism just as Noah was sealed by God in the ark of the flood gen 7:16

1 Pet 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark of Noah none were saved, outside the church (the ark of salvation) none are saved!)

Sealed in the ark, sealed in the church the ark of salvation by God thru baptism!

Effects of faith & baptism!

Ez 36:25-27 washed in baptism, with a new heart and the Spirit
Jn 3:5 born again in baptism
Mk 16:16 faith & baptist
Acts 2:38 repentance & baptism
Acts 8:36-38 faith & baptism
Acts 22:16 baptism washes away sin
Rom 6:3 died with Christ
Col 2:12 risen with Christ
1 cor 12:13 baptized into the church
Gal 3:27 by baptism put on Christ
2 Tim 1:10 brought to life
2 cor 5:17 new creation
Eph 1:13 sealed by the Holy Spirit
Eph 2:1&5 brought to life in baptism
Eph 4:5 one baptism
Eph 5:26 faith and baptism
Titus 3:5 baptismal regeneration
1 pet 1:2 washed in Christ’s blood
1 pet 2:9 and not the kingdom of light
1 pet 3:20-21 baptism saves us!

“Faith alone” accomplishes nothing!
1 cor 13:2 even all faith (alone) without charity avails NOTHING!!!

Faith and baptism!

Scripture says none of the things about “Faith alone”!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Infant Baptism

Acts 2:38-39 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Promise is to you’re children! Vs 39

This promise made in ez 36
A promise from God is a sacred oath, and a sacred oath is a sacrament!

Ez 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Jn 3:5 born again by water and the spirit.

Acts 16:15 entire household baptized! Does not say except infants!

Ez 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness.

(It does not say accept infants!)

Baptism is the Christian initiation sacrament of the new covenant for all men. Matt 28:19 Jn 1:29 Jn 3:16

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. (It does not say except infants!) (but it does say “all”)!

Lk 1:10-11 all people including infants

Thee faith is required for baptism.
Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38

If it’s not possible (as in the case of infants) it’s not required.

But the promise of the parents to raise and educate the child in the faith is required, then the child is confirmed in thee faith at the age of reason.

Repentance is required for baptism. Acts 2:38

If there is no personal sin to repent of (as in the case of infants) then it’s not required.

For two thousand years the church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles has always baptized infants!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The true circumcision pertains not to the flesh , nor that which appeareth on the outside, but rather circumcision is and cometh from WITHIN and that by GOD and that by fAITH IN CHRIST ALONE . PEROID .
Circumsize the foreskin of your hearts . COME TO CHRIST and let not the CC or any other who entered not in,
HINDER YE from entering in either . They hold not the keys of the kingdom they have not entered into that kingdom

And thus cannot point ye nor any to the one BY which YE can enter into the true kingdom . FOR they know neither GOD

nor the SON whom HE did send . ITS VERY SERIOUS that we learn Christ for ourselves

cause it aint just the ol CC that is tanked its nearly all within even the protestant realm . LEARN YE CHRIST

and put on the whole armour of GOD that ye may be able to withstand the evil and the false prophets who have come and do come

ONLY to decieve . LEARN those bibles so as you will no longer be tossed to and fro by the doctrines of such dangerous men

who have for centuriies sat high upon thrones loving the worship of men and the pre eminence and knowing niether GOD nor CHRIST .

HURRY cause the decievers are not slwoing down and the deceptoin and deceptions of men gone wrong only increases .
Nice TRY – but you are deflecting from the question because you CANNOT answer it.

I didn’t ask about what Paul taught about circumcision centuries after its institution.
I asked a SIMPLE question:
If 8-day-old babies could enter a COVENANT with God through the guidance and faith of their parents – then WHY can’t a baby enter the NEW Covenant through the guidance and faith of their parents??
If you can’t answer this – then MOVE ASIDE and let somebody else give it a shot.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is there more than one kind of faith?
apparentely so . Faith in the CC is dead just like faith without works is dead . But faith in CHRIST
and i mean the BIBLCIAL ONE , now that is faith and it loveth all things He taught and said . as well
as what the apostels in that BIBLE left us to read .

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More of your lies. A disciple is a disciplined follower. Catholics baptize babies, are babies disciples?
Hello,

Where does Scripture say that a disciple is a disciplined follower?

We get the word disciple from the Latin word discipulus and discipulus does NOT mean "disciplined follower".....that is why I asked that question! :rolleyes:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
apparentely so . Faith in the CC is dead just like faith without works is dead . But faith in CHRIST
and i mean the BIBLCIAL ONE , now that is faith and it loveth all things He taught and said . as well
as what the apostels in that BIBLE left us to read .

acts 9:4 eph 5:32 Christ and his church are one! The only ark of salvation

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nice TRY – but you are deflecting from the question because you CANNOT answer it.

I didn’t ask about what Paul taught about circumcision centuries after its institution.
I asked a SIMPLE question:
If 8-day-old babies could enter a COVENANT with God through the guidance and faith of their parents – then WHY can’t a baby enter the NEW Covenant through the guidance and faith of their parents??
If you can’t answer this – then MOVE ASIDE and let somebody else give it a shot.

You don't understand the difference between the Old Covenant and the New Covenant? Circumcision is a rite performed under the Old Covenant, but it has no real value. 1 Corinthians 7:19, "Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing. Instead, keeping God’s commandments is what counts." NET

Here is what the Bible says about true circumcision: Romans 2:28-29, "For a person is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision something that is outward in the flesh, but someone is a Jew who is one inwardly, and circumcision is of the heart by the Spirit and not by the letter. This person’s praise is not from people but from God." NET