Is baptismal regeneration…

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not referring to what you call the Catholic Church... Jude did refer to your people in his epistle Jude 3...
3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.
4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.
5 I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.
WRONG.

What I posted about Acts 9:31 is the SAME Catholic Church that FIRST century Bishop, Ignatius of Antioch wrote about in his Letter to the Smyrnaeans at the beginning of the SECOND century:

Ignatius of Antioch
You must all follow the lead of the bishop, as Jesus Christ followed that of the Father; follow the presbytery as you would the Apostles; reverence the deacons as you would God's commandment. Let no one do anything touching the Church, apart from the bishop. Let that celebration of the Eucharist be considered valid which is held under the bishop or anyone to whom he has committed it. Where the bishop appears, there let the people be, just as where Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church (Letter to the Smyrnaeans, AD 107),

“… follow the lead of the Bishop”…

“…follow the presbytery…”
“…celebration of the Eucharist…”
“…the CATHOLIC Church”

Gee – WHICH Church does that sound like?
Certainly NOT yours . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The RCC does the repenting of the babies for them as they cry during baptism

The priest thinks they are repenting as he douses them in cold water, which causes them to burst into tears.
A truly idiotic response that didn't answer the question.

Wanna try that again Einstein?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A truly idiotic response that didn't answer the question.

The priest thinks they are repenting as he douses them in cold water, which causes them to burst into tears...

Is an excellent answer.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The priest thinks they are repenting as he douses them in cold water, which causes them to burst into tears...

Is an excellent answer.
Another idiotic response that didn't answer the question.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another idiotic response that didn't answer the question.

As a matter of fact, the RCC is the mother of all protestants.

She instituted Acts(2:38) skipping in her beginnings.

She protests Peter and the 3000 at Pentecost unto this day.

The protestant daughters of her's just took Acts skipping to the extreme and banned water baptism altogether.

The are joined at the hip, since the protestants were birthed by their mother, the RCC.

None of them baptize in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, so all their sins remain.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a matter of fact, the RCC is the mother of all protestants.

She instituted Acts(2:38) skipping in her beginnings.

She protests Peter and the 3000 at Pentecost unto this day.

The protestant daughters of her's just took Acts skipping to the extreme and banned water baptism altogether.

The are joined at the hip, since the protestants were birthed by their mother, the RCC.

None of them baptize in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, so all their sins remain.
You’re a One-Trick Pony on this forum who ALWAYS brings up Acts 2:38 - without actually UBDERSTANDING it.

The sad part is that USUALLY a One-Trick pony gets that ONE trick right.
YOU, on the other hand, have completely screwed up that one trick because you’re Biblically and linguistically Bankrupt . . .

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You’re a One-Trick Pony on this forum who ALWAYS brings up Acts 2:38 - without actually UBDERSTANDING it.

The sad part is that USUALLY a One-Trick pony gets that ONE trick right.
YOU, on the other hand, have completely screwed up that one trick because you’re Biblically and linguistically Bankrupt . . .
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost

What is the difference between my understanding and yours?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost

What is the difference between my understanding and yours?
We’ve been through this ad nauseam.

Being Baptized “in the name of Jesus Christ” - as I have AMPLY shown with scholarly linguistic evidence on MANY occasions means – means the Baptism of Jesus.

It does NOT mean that the WORDS of Baptism ONLY include “Jesus Christ and NOT the Father or Holy Spirit.

In Matt. 28:19-20 – Jesus said to make disciples of all nations and Baptize them by the TITLES of the Trinity. Peter told the crowd that they must be Baptized in the Baptism of Jesus Christ – by HIS Authority (in the name of).

Only a Biblical illiterate would actually believe that Jesus would say what He said in the Great CommissionONLY to have Peter give a different instruction.

YOU and others here have managed to pervert this teaching . . .

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We’ve been through this ad nauseam.

Being Baptized “in the name of Jesus Christ” - as I have AMPLY shown with scholarly linguistic evidence on MANY occasions means – means the Baptism of Jesus.

It does NOT mean that the WORDS of Baptism ONLY include “Jesus Christ and NOT the Father or Holy Spirit.

In Matt. 28:19-20 – Jesus said to make disciples of all nations and Baptize them by the TITLES of the Trinity. Peter told the crowd that they must be Baptized in the Baptism of Jesus Christ – by HIS Authority (in the name of).

Only a Biblical illiterate would actually believe that Jesus would say what He said in the Great CommissionONLY to have Peter give a different instruction.

YOU and others here have managed to pervert this teaching . . .
That is an interesting teaching. You are saying that Acts 2:38 does not mean Acts 2:38.
How very Roman of you.

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is an interesting teaching. You are saying that Acts 2:38 does not mean Acts 2:38.
How very Roman of you.
And very ignorant of you . . .

Like I said - only a Biblical illiterate would actually believe that Jesus would say what He said in the Great CommissionONLY to have Peter give a different instruction.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And very ignorant of you . . .

Like I said - only a Biblical illiterate would actually believe that Jesus would say what He said in the Great CommissionONLY to have Peter give a different instruction.
No, you just said that Acts 2:38 does not mean Acts 2:38 as we see it, but something very different than it says.

You are the mother of Acts skippers, Catholic.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, you just said that Acts 2:38 does not mean Acts 2:38 as we see it, but something very different than it says.

You are the mother of Acts skippers, Catholic.

Truther, I see you're still trying to dunk folks in water for the forgiveness of sins.

If that's true, surly you can show us an example in scripture where they had to be water baptized before they received the Holy Spirit. If I remember correctly you folks say the Spirit is received in the water at baptism, you can show us an example of that in scripture and we will believe you.

Acts 2:38 is not an example of the above, it's words that can be misconstrued. We need an actual example from your beloved Book of Acts. Can you provide us with any of this so we can believe?

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Truther, I see you're still trying to dunk folks in water for the forgiveness of sins.

If that's true, surly you can show us an example in scripture where they had to be water baptized before they received the Holy Spirit. If I remember correctly you folks say the Spirit is received in the water at baptism, you can show us an example of that in scripture and we will believe you.

Acts 2:38 is not an example of the above, it's words that can be misconstrued. We need an actual example from your beloved Book of Acts. Can you provide us with any of this so we can believe?

IMHO you are wasting your time trying to discuss this issue with "truther" (as he likes to call himself). I am ignoring him, as he is fixated on what one verse means to him and condemns everyone else who doesn't agree with his fixation, calling them "Acts skippers". As I ahve posted many times in reply, he is BORING!!!

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IMHO you are wasting your time trying to discuss this issue with "truther" (as he likes to call himself). I am ignoring him, as he is fixated on what one verse means to him and condemns everyone else who doesn't agree with his fixation, calling them "Acts skippers". As I ahve posted many times in reply, he is BORING!!!

Yes, I agree, all that is true. I don't see it as wasted time though.

There are some folks out there reading on who don't know what to believe. This is not for Truther, it's for them.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No, I baptize folks in the name of Jesus for the remission of their sins.

We don't use a dunk tank to baptize.

Church is not a carnival.

The verse...

14 Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John:

15 Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost:

16 (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)

Do you finally believe me?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So my friend, where is that example?
14 Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John:

15 Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost:

16 (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)

I am suprised you never read this.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The great commission was to baptize, not give folks the Holy Ghost.

The sinner's job is to repent.

The church's job is to baptize.

God's job is to fill with the Holy Ghost....

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I am suprised you never read this.

I'm surprised that you don't know that it was the baptism of the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in other tongues that they came to give them by the laying on of hands.

You probably also don't know that is separate from receiving the Holy Spirit at salvation.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Now, look at Acts 2:38 again and compare it to Acts 8:16....

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Do you see any similarities?