is being sad or expressing how you feel bad?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Honestly you aren't the one who is upsetting me. It's kind of valid. :) but why not another type of death thread could strengthen Faith :)

Yeah, and I just tagged you and Ferris in it since I think that it's a good and legit question.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
because I'm not really saying Jesus was emo or suicidal, but he was tempted in a vulnerable state. It's still identifiable to me .

Yeah me neither that's why I worded it differently in my other thread. :)

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That brings up a really good point actually. If Jesus had just jumped from a cliff, wouldn't that be a lot less painless then the kind of death He suffered? Mind you I wouldn't have wanted Him to jump off a cliff either I'm just saying if He chose death why did it have to be the cross? Sorry, I know that's off topic but you got me wondering now...
If one wants to know what a person is made of in real terms, put them under pressure.....that'll soon reveal their core.....it'll reveal whether their words are congruent with their claims.
The Jesus event....including his execution revealed the nature of God....the which has been questioned by Satan and today is obscured by the master of smoke and mirrors.

Reactions: Addy

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here if anybody wants to continue this conversation do it in this thread please,.. but yes I just wish that Jesus wouldn't have suffered so much even though it was on my behalf. :(

Why Did Jesus Choose The Cross?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm not trying to,.. I just don't want to derail Lily's thread any further.
Its Lily's thread...it's her call, no one else's. I would however draw your attention to the control issue. You might like to consider it?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That brings up a really good point actually. If Jesus had just jumped from a cliff, wouldn't that be a lot less painless then the kind of death He suffered? Mind you I wouldn't have wanted Him to jump off a cliff either I'm just saying if He chose death why did it have to be the cross? Sorry, I know that's off topic but you got me wondering now...

Since you like funny "what if" questions....
Since the Jews were expecting a human warlord messiah....why did Satan think that Yeshua was a God?
When He was discussing who he was with the Apostles, only Peter got it right and then a few verses later Christ appeared to call him Satan. Why?
Do you think Yeshua wanted Satan to know who He was?
Do you think that Satan expected Yeshua to resurrect after the cross?
I do not expect an answer....just fun questions.

Last edited:

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And so we all are. I've been a born again Christian for over 30 years and I still hate myself for things I've done before and after getting saved. Our sensitivities being heightened to the wrongs we've committed is a sign that we are born again and that God is at work in our hearts.....

They will loathe themselves for the evil they have done and for all their detestable practices. Ezekiel 6:9

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He wasn't talking to Peter. He was talking at Peter. He was talking to the evil spirit causing Peter to dissuade Jesus from going to his death.

Satan...who was standing behind Peter.
Years ago, I went to a play in Branson, Missouri, of course called the Passion.
The director placed Satan, lurking in the background in most of the well known scenes.
He was trying to figure out exactly what was going on because, Yeshua and John the Baptist was doing things that only a God should be able to do.
And when Yeshua died on the cross, Satan thinks he had won, but then Yeshua shows up at the gates of hell and takes him by the throat.

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Satan...who was standing behind Peter.
Years ago, I went to a play in Branson, Missouri, of course called the Passion.
The director placed Satan, lurking in the background in most of the well known scenes.
He was trying to figure out exactly what was going on because, Yeshua and John the Baptist was doing things that only a God should be able to do.
And when Yeshua died on the cross, Satan thinks he had won, but then Yeshua shows up at the gates of hell and takes him by the throat.
How one understands the text your last statement was taken from requires careful consideration

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This thread seems so stupid now. I just want to be left alone. I'm actually a heathen now. Bye

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
when im sad or say how something hurt me i am accused of having a bad spirit. or a bad spirit is attacking me.
Sis, if it was bad to express sadness or other feelings, then David, Job, Jeremiah, and lots of others are in trouble. Even Jesus wept.
*big hugs*

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its Lily's thread...it's her call, no one else's. I would however draw your attention to the control issue. You might like to consider it?

It's called being polite which you obviously don't know anything about. :rolleyes:

Since you like funny "what if" questions....
Since the Jews were expecting a human warlord messiah....why did Satan think that Yeshua was a God?
When He was discussing who he was with the Apostles, only Peter got it right and then a few verses later Christ appeared to call him Satan. Why?
Do you think Yeshua wanted Satan to know who He was?
Do you think that Satan expected Yeshua to resurrect after the cross?
I do not expect an answer....just fun questions.

IDK so it's good that you actually don't expect an answer lol

This thread seems so stupid now. I just want to be left alone. I'm actually a heathen now. Bye

Seriously? Wait don't go Jesus loves you and so do all of us. :(

Reactions: Wrangler

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Lily,

Please don't do that. I take it as a given that anything you post is from the heart. I don't sense you are a theoretical Christian but one who attempts to earnestly practices it. If you get confused about anything, I pray you consider this forum a safe place to open your heart in sharing your journey in Christ.

Shalom,

Wrangler