is being sad or expressing how you feel bad?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
when im sad or say how something hurt me i am accused of having a bad spirit. or a bad spirit is attacking me.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
when im sad or say how something hurt me i am accused of having a bad spirit. or a bad spirit is attacking me.
That kind of response from anyone is TOTAL NONSENSE. There is no need to involve evil spirits in human emotions.

Just remember that Jesus wept at the tomb of Lazarus, and Peter wept bitterly for having denied Christ. And then the apostle John made this statement: "And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon". (Rev 5:4).

Paul said "Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep" (Rom 12:15).

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Judgmental Christians who have no love or empathy for their own. I am sorry, no-one can hurt you like another Christian! When yo are sad, or hurt, your fellow Christians should comfort you, lift you up, pray with and for you, not JUDGE!
It only matters what He says about you sister, and He say's YOU ARE LOVED!
xo

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
to speak truthfully about your reality is courageous

someone wrote a devotion somewhere that Jesus was tempted to commit suicide in the wilderness which is partially accurate. if its not tell me. that wasnt probably coming from his own thoughts. he was tormented in the garden from how i took it.

Last edited:

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
is being sad or expressing how you feel bad?

No. It is bad NOT to be sad and express feeling bad when you do! Let's keep it real. Jesus wept. Do you model him?

The female pastor of my church who recently retired, scolded the congregation saying "Don't you dare tell anyone to toughen up! Our God is an emotional God and you should be also, when you pray, when you relate to others and share the ups and downs of life."

Yes, we should live joyfully - generally speaking. That is not to be construed as not fully feeling - and expressing - the ups and downs of life events. Sure, I love God but don't act giddy at funerals, etc. I love the Rules for Christian Living and this excerpt from the Contemporary English Version says it.

When others are happy, be happy with them, and when they are sad, be sad. Be friendly with everyone. Don’t be proud and feel that you are smarter than others. Make friends with ordinary people.
Romans 12:15-16 (CEV)

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
someone wrote a devotion somewhere that Jesus was tempted to commit suicide in the wilderness which is partially accurate.
No, the temptation of the devil was for Jesus to do something stupid and throw himself from the pinnacle of the temple so that the angels would rescue him from being hurt from it and dying proving he was the Son of God.

(Skip to 1:01. I don't know why the stupid YouTube links don't work in this forum when you specify it to start at a particular point)

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, the temptation of the devil was for Jesus to do something stupid and throw himself from the pinnacle of the temple so that the angels would rescue him from being hurt from it and dying proving he was the Son of God.

what does a film have to do with this topic? even if the doctrine i mentioned was wrong. i am sure technically Jesus could have done it and the angels could have rescued him but then that would ruin the crucifixion perhaps.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
well two women at my church act like im a headcase and will tell me i need to go to a doctor or even hospital. i was asking about homes to help people get on their feet or heal alittle there first and i was texted separately "what you need is to go to the doctor".
someone wrote a devotion somewhere that Jesus was tempted to commit suicide in the wilderness which is partially accurate. if its not tell me. that wasnt probably coming from his own thoughts. he was tormented in the garden from how i took it.
Jesus is the Prince of Life.....he is the embodiment of Life. Any suggestion that Jesus had thoughts of suicide are in error.
Often the evil one will plant bad thoughts in our head and then make the accusation they are ours. We can reject those thoughts and ask our father for strength to overcome

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what does a film have to do with this topic?
Jesus being tempted to jump from the top of the temple reminded me of this scene.

even if the doctrine i mentioned was wrong. i am sure technically Jesus could have done it and the angels could have rescued him but then that would ruin the crucifixion perhaps.
He was not being tempted to commit suicide. He was being tempted to AVOID death and for him to skip the dying part (later, on the cross) and have the angels rescue him and have everybody see he's the Son of God the easy way. Jesus would have none of it. His Father's will was for him to actually die and that's what he did. Even just before the crucifixion he said he could summon legions of angels and put an end to this wickedness right now. But he didn't. He stuck to the plan.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That brings up a really good point actually. If Jesus had just jumped from a cliff, wouldn't that be a lot less painless then the kind of death He suffered? Mind you I wouldn't have wanted Him to jump off a cliff either I'm just saying if He chose death why did it have to be the cross? Sorry, I know that's off topic but you got me wondering now...

Reactions: lilygrace

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is the Prince of Life.....he is the embodiment of Life. Any suggestion that Jesus had thoughts of suicide are in error.
Often the evil one will plant bad thoughts in our head and then make the accusation they are ours. We can reject those thoughts and ask our father for strength to overcome
okay so I heard something in error Satan didn't tell me this. I never said he did have thoughts of suicide

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That brings up a really good point actually. If Jesus had just jumped from a cliff, wouldn't that be a lot less painless then the kind of death He suffered? Mind you I wouldn't have wanted Him to jump off a cliff either I'm just saying if He chose death why did it have to be the cross? Sorry, I know that's off topic but you got me wondering now...
I don't know I just have faith that it would have ruined things. Either way this persons post comforted me, I know Jesus didn't have thoughts of suicide like I have but had he done it it is like a suicide attempt. They put Jesus to death but this isn't really a doctrine thread,i feel like my words are being made to what they really aren't,

Reactions: April_Rose

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know I just have faith that it would have ruined things. Either way this persons post comforted me, I know Jesus didn't have thoughts of suicide like I have but had he done it it is like a suicide attempt. They put Jesus to death but this isn't really a doctrine thread,i feel like my words are being made to what they really aren't,

Yeah sorry, I'm going to open up a new thread about it. Sorry to derail yours.