is doing sexual things with a boyfriend/girlfriend sin...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
How about look into each other's eyes and touch fingertips only : )

If there's real chemistry there, the electricity will probably arc all over the place, LoL.
We went by those rules back in the fifties and there wasn't one spark of chemistry in my first marriage. I didn't even know there should be.

Reactions: DuckieLady

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He doesn't strike me in that video as someone who will successfully turn himself into "a solitary man," LoL.

With a bod like that and a face that looks like it's been carved by angels,... No way Jose!!! :D

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We went by those rules back in the fifties and there wasn't one spark of chemistry in my first marriage. I didn't even know there should be.

Well I hear you. Same could be said for arranged marriages, which was something talked about even in New Testament times.

If they got lucky, praise God, but there was obviously no guarantee... and what a scary thing to be dragged into, kicking and screaming as it were.

Reactions: Pearl

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, some are more reserved and have their passions more under control.

But then some men are just more passionate by nature as well. And some have been more pent up.

I hate to make too much fun here, but you just have to laugh at things like this. Even with the ones who are more under control, there can often be this sense of let down if their anatomy thinks things might be going somewhere but then it doesn't....
i have yet to meet a reserved man. i would think hes right one for me if he was under control i guess. but i wouldnt want someone who is never interested in affection or sex.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i have yet to meet a reserved man. i would think hes right one for me if he was under control i guess. but i wouldnt want someone who is never interested in affection or sex.

Yes.

It makes me long for the old days in some ways, despite Pearl's legitimate complaints. We now watch the channel that has The Waltons on during the day sometimes, and while I never got into that show much, just seeing how young men were brought up to be more respectful and self-controlled and considerate of girls and women...

Makes me wonder where I was when they were handing that upbringing out. But then, I wasn't born yet. By the time I was, a whole new "morality" had taken over. And with non-Christian parents, I was having sex by the age of 15 when I was still a child myself in almost every way.

Now they start even younger. :(

Reactions: April_Rose

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Makes me wonder where I was when they were handing that upbringing out. But then, I wasn't born yet. By the time I was, a whole new "morality" had taken over. And with non-Christian parents, I was having sex by the age of 15 when I was still a child myself in almost every way.

Sexual education is important,.. but I still remember the face I made when I first saw *gulp* the video in health class. o_O

Reactions: Hidden In Him

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Better to not start fires that cannot be put out.

I have my own situations in life, and I'm working on them, but to be honest I am not sure that I believe in the concept of dating. I think this is a modern day thing that we got way too carried away with and it gets us into trouble.

Courting and being together around other people is fine, or in public places. Being alone together will at some point put you in a position you do not want to be in. It will lead to something one way or another.

If you can't hold back then the Bible tells us what to do - better to marry than to burn with passion.
Well said. I 100% agree!!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sexual education is important,.. but I still remember the face I made when I first saw *gulp* the video in health class. o_O
@April_Rose That made me laugh, my generation learned bit by bit from playground talk, smutty jokes etc. My mum didn't even tell me anything apart from to 'be careful'. I only had two boyfriends before I got married but no sex and like I said before no spark.

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL Would you believe it is a touchy subject with Christians?
We see what you did there. ;)

I always think it a bit self absorbed if I let myself believe, of all things garnering God's attentions in all of creation, that I should worry he would care if I played with myself.o_O

Last edited:
Reactions: April_Rose

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes.

It makes me long for the old days in some ways, despite Pearl's legitimate complaints. We now watch the channel that has The Waltons on during the day sometimes, and while I never got into that show much, just seeing how young men were brought up to be more respectful and self-controlled and considerate of girls and women...

I like the old way but I'm at the age where I should hurry up, that's why I made a topic like this

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We see what you did there. ;)

I always think it a bit self absorbed if I let myself believe, of all things garnering God's attentions in all of creation, that I should worry he would care if I played with myself.o_O
LOL LOL And just to think I did not plan on getting in on the Masterbaiter side. We have fishing tackle shop up at Pomme de Terre lake named that. Things are so complicated and misunderstood, with strong beliefs, that it hard to come away from a conversation with Christians on this topic without getting singed.

Status
Not open for further replies.