Is Freemasonry compatible with Christian truth?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isa 22:21-22 matt 16:18-19
Your provided scripture has nothing to do with the historical facts regarding Roman Catholicism

The Popes and Roman Catholicism is one of the greatest historical evils the world has known, that has remained unchanged to this day

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your provided scripture has nothing to do with the historical facts regarding Roman Catholicism

The Popes and Roman Catholicism is one of the greatest historical evils the world has known, that has remained unchanged to this day

you’re prejudice is not scripture

they are our spiritual fathers who care for our souls

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Jn 21:17 feed my sheep:

Heb 13:7 Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.

Heb 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they care for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

1 Tim 1:2 Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

Gal 4:19 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you

1 John 2
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not.

That makes Paul and John spiritual fathers, pastors of our souls!

And give us the life of grace

God breathed life into Adam, gen 2:7 and we received this life from our fathers!

Christ breathed on the apostles our spiritual fathers, we receive the new covenant life of God’s grace from them thru faith & baptism! Jn 20:21-23 Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Authority of the Apostles!

What authority does Christ have?
What power does Christ have?
What mission / ministry does Christ have?

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission! Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

The apostles are Christ’s successors!
They have authority to send others as well, apostle means one who is sent!

Therefore the apostles have authority to send more apostles or successors!
Apostolic succession!

The nations still need to be taught, disciples still need to be baptized and the church the new covenant kingdom of christ still needs to be governed!

Hebrews 3:1
Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

Christ is an apostle, and has authority to send other apostles, the apostles also have this authority, so the apostles continue down thru the centuries as Christ promised! Matt 28:19-20

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18 matt 28:19 Isa 22:21-22

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments

The apostles teaching is Christ’s teaching, Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4

Christian rule of faith is not the Bible alone! But the doctrine of the apostles! Acts 2:42

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Only the church has authority from Christ to define the truth and teach!
Matt 16:18 matt 18:18 matt 28:19 Jn 20:21-23 Jn 8:32 Jn 16:13

The teaching of Peter and the apostles and successors is the teaching of Christ!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let us take our helper and intercessor the Virgin Mary, Mother of God, so that she, who from the moment of her conception (21) overcame Satan may show her power over these evil sects, in which is revived the contumacious spirit of the demon, together with his unsubdued perfidy and deceit. Let us beseech Michael, the prince of the heavenly angels, who drove out the infernal foe; and Joseph, the spouse of the most holy Virgin, and heavenly patron of the Catholic Church; and the great Apostles, Peter and Paul, the fathers and victorious champions of the Christian faith. By their patronage, and by perseverance in united prayer, we hope that God will mercifully and opportunely succor the human race, which is encompassed by so many dangers.

(21) Gen 3:15 I will put enmities between thee and the woman, and thy seed and her seed: she shall crush thy head, and thou shalt lie in wait for her heel.
All you do is point to your sacred traditions of your church .
JUST POINT TO CHRIST .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All you do is point to your sacred traditions of your church .
JUST POINT TO CHRIST .

it is the same

Christ and his church are one acts 9:4 eph 5:32

the church is an extension of Christ

The Church Always Visible

3. And, since it was necessary that His divine mission should be perpetuated to the end of rime, He took to Himself Disciples, trained by himself, and made them partakers of His own authority. And, when He had invoked upon them from Heaven the Spirit of Truth, He bade them go through the whole world and faithfully preach to all nations, what He had taught and what He had commanded, so that by the profession of His doctrine, and the observance of His laws, the human race might attain to holiness on earth and never-ending happiness in Heaven. In this wise, and on this principle, the Church was begotten. If we consider the chief end of His Church and the proximate efficient causes of salvation, it is undoubtedly spiritual; but in regard to those who constitute it, and to the things which lead to these spiritual gifts, it is external and necessarily visible.

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it is the same

Christ and his church are one acts 9:4 eph 5:32

the church is an extension of Christ

The Church Always Visible

3. And, since it was necessary that His divine mission should be perpetuated to the end of rime, He took to Himself Disciples, trained by himself, and made them partakers of His own authority. And, when He had invoked upon them from Heaven the Spirit of Truth, He bade them go through the whole world and faithfully preach to all nations, what He had taught and what He had commanded, so that by the profession of His doctrine, and the observance of His laws, the human race might attain to holiness on earth and never-ending happiness in Heaven. In this wise, and on this principle, the Church was begotten. If we consider the chief end of His Church and the proximate efficient causes of salvation, it is undoubtedly spiritual; but in regard to those who constitute it, and to the things which lead to these spiritual gifts, it is external and necessarily visible.

Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15
Christ and HIS CHURCH are ONE . on that we agree . But any church that has us praying to saints , to mary , to angels , THAT AINT HIS CHURCH .
Yall are holding onto some serious deadly traditions . You better let them go before you end up hearing , ON THAT DAY , I never knew you .
I sure wish others would help me to help you .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That the one Church should embrace all men everywhere and at all times was seen and foretold by Isaiah, when looking into the future he saw the appearance of a mountain conspicuous by its all surpassing altitude, which set forth the image of "The House of the Lord" - that is, of the Church, "And in the last days the mountain of the House of the Lord shall be prepared on the top of the mountains" (Isa. ii., 2). And dan 2:44

But this mountain which towers over all other mountains is one; and the House of the Lord to which all nations shall come to seek the rule of living is also one. "And all nations shall flow into it. And many people shall go, and say: Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, and to the House of the God of Jacob, and He will teach us His ways, and we will walk in His paths" (Ibid., ii., 2-3).

Explaining this passage, Optatus of Milevis says: "It is written in the prophet Isaiah: 'from Sion the law shall go forth and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.' For it is not on Mount Sion that Isaiah sees the valley, but on the holy mountain, that is, the Church, which has raised itself conspicuously throughout the entire Roman world under the whole heavens....The Church is, therefore, the spiritual Sion in which Christ has been constituted King by God the Father, and which exists throughout the entire earth, on which there is but one Catholic Church" (De Schism. Donatist., lib. iii., n. 2). And Augustine says: "What can be so manifest as a mountain, or so well known? There are, it is true, mountains which are unknown because they are situated in some remote part of the earth.....But this mountain is not unknown; for it has filled the whole face of the world, and about this it is said that it is prepared on the summit of the mountains" (In Ep. Joan., tract i., n. 13).

Matt 18:17 1 Tim 3:15

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"The Church in respect of its unity belongs to the category of things indivisible by nature, though heretics try to divide it into many parts...We say, therefore, that the Catholic Church is unique in its essence, in its doctrine, in its origin, and in its excellence...Furthermore, the eminence of the Church arises from its unity, as the principle of its constitution - a unity surpassing all else, and having nothing like unto it or equal to it" (S. Clemens Alexandrinus, Stronmatum lib. viii., c. 17). For this reason Christ, speaking of the mystical edifice, mentions only one Church, which he calls His own-"I will build my church;" any other Church except this one, since it has not been founded by Christ, cannot be the true Church. This becomes even more evident when the purpose of the Divine Founder is considered. For what did Christ, the Lord, ask? What did He wish in regard to the Church founded, or about to be founded? This: to transmit to it the same mission and the same mandate which He had received from the Father, that they should be perpetuated. This He clearly resolved to do: this He actually did. "As the Father bath sent me, I also send you" (John xx., 21). "Ad thou bast sent Me into the world I also have sent them into the world" (John xvii., 18).

But the mission of Christ is to save that which had perished: that is to say, not some nations or peoples, but the whole human race, without distinction of time or place. "The Son of Man came that the world might be saved by Him" (John iii., 17). "For there is no other name under Heaven given to men whereby we must be saved" (Acts iv., 12). The Church, therefore, is bound to communicate without stint to all men, and to transmit through all ages, the salvation effected by Jesus Christ, and the blessings flowing there from. Wherefore, by the will of its Founder, it is necessary that this Church should be one in all lands and at all times. to justify the existence of more than one Church it would be necessary to go outside this world, and to create a new and unheard - of race of men.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@theefaith
I agree that Christians...aka the 'church'... vicariously takes the place of God in a certain sense in providing spiritual leadership (as the husband for example is to be the priest of his home), and also to provide for the physical needs of others, such as repeated throughout scripture, the orphans, widows, and strangers. The downtrodden and the poor. I think we all recognize that the Catholic Church has focused a great deal on presenting these issues before the world. However, I have two main things to point out.
The Catholic Church has lost sight of it's own dependence upon God. In pride and self security she now believes that not only is she God's vicar, in providing for the needs of others doing God's work, she has grown proud and no longer recognizes she herself is dependant upon God. Time had become independent. Self sufficient. She believes herself to be God on earth. She has become Antichrist. Instead of, in the place of, Christ.
That's the first point.
The second is this. We are to provide for others from the bounty with which God has provided for us. No-one is to be independent. Independence is the enemy of God's economy. Without Him we can do nothing. The widows, the orphans, the poor, have lost their provider. The Christian is called to be provider in their case. But we are not to provide them from the bounty of others. No. We are to give from what we ourselves have. The Catholic Church may have all these wonderful charities, but all of them give from what God has given others. There is no self sacrifice in any charitable work within Catholicism. They always appeal to it's members and the public for funds and donations while she
KJV Revelation 18:7
7 How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.
Retains to herself all the wealth.
KJV Revelation 18:8
8 Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@theefaith
I agree that Christians...aka the 'church'... vicariously takes the place of God in a certain sense in providing spiritual leadership (as the husband for example is to be the priest of his home), and also to provide for the physical needs of others, such as repeated throughout scripture, the orphans, widows, and strangers. The downtrodden and the poor. I think we all recognize that the Catholic Church has focused a great deal on presenting these issues before the world. However, I have two main things to point out.
The Catholic Church has lost sight of it's own dependence upon God. In pride and self security she now believes that not only is she God's vicar, in providing for the needs of others doing God's work, she has grown proud and no longer recognizes she herself is dependant upon God. Time had become independent. Self sufficient. She believes herself to be God on earth. She has become Antichrist. Instead of, in the place of, Christ.
That's the first point.
The second is this. We are to provide for others from the bounty with which God has provided for us. No-one is to be independent. Independence is the enemy of God's economy. Without Him we can do nothing. The widows, the orphans, the poor, have lost their provider. The Christian is called to be provider in their case. But we are not to provide them from the bounty of others. No. We are to give from what we ourselves have. The Catholic Church may have all these wonderful charities, but all of them give from what God has given others. There is no self sacrifice in any charitable work within Catholicism. They always appeal to it's members and the public for funds and donations while she
KJV Revelation 18:7
7 How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.
Retains to herself all the wealth.
KJV Revelation 18:8
8 Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.

I agree but I think you’re confusing the modern vatican 2 church with the one true church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles to perpetuate His mission of redemption to the whole world

not vicar of God, but vicar of christ

you could be right in these days of apostasy
Our lady said at la Sallette
Rome will lose the faith, and become the seat of the anti-Christ

While the true church is under ground

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I agree but I think you’re confusing the modern vatican 2 church with the one true church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles to perpetuate His mission of redemption to the whole world

not vicar of God, but vicar of christ

you could be right in these days of apostasy
Our lady said at la Sallette
Rome will lose the faith, and become the seat of the anti-Christ

While the true church is under ground
Pope Ben pointed this out when he was a Cardinal and when he became Pope what did he say first up to Pray for him, due to the wolves with in the RCC.

Pope Paul said about the devils within the RCC early in his time, then it was like another took his place and took on another direction from the original Pope Paul, his family said it was not him but someone other that looked like him.
Pope JP II waned all the time of sexually depraved within the RCC and many of the Priest hated him for saying such and every 2 weeks Pope JP II would send out letters not to support the sexually depraved degenerates.
Pope JP II and Pope Ben were totally hated by the SMS who was slandering them 24/7 I remember the MSM were on the war path against the RCC and then when Pope Frances came in bingo ! the MSM idolise him and claimed him the Peoples Pope ! :confused::rolleyes:

The Peoples Pope ? :eek: that truly means a Godless people.
The Peoples Pope ? :eek: that truly means a worldly Pope, a Pope of this world :oops: and he clearly is that in fact, he is just like the Freemason are all about, in bed with Islam and the so called Jews full on. not to mention that he is a Jesuit and such an Order should never be a Pope, that was clearly the case forever. what a shock that was a bloody bastard Jesuit in the hen house. that's like putting a fox in the hen house. the bastards worked to undermined the Franciscan order here, not to mention the bastard claims to be for Francis :rolleyes: one would think, but hell no ! he is not at all, but that's how Satanist work their delusions.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the BLM rioters are Satanists......they burnt Bibles.....and they marched as they cussed Christ. Then they destroyed, burnt, looted, assaulted, and murdered.
I am not sure about Comrade Biden....is he communist....stupid.....a liar....a pervert....the Anti-Christ....Na! He can't be the Anti-Christ, the Anti-Christ would have charisma. The guy could not even get people to come to his rallies.

Get rid of Law Enforcement...
But I wonder if he will make it legal to fell up little girls and sniff their hair.

Maybe he is a Catholic Freemason in secret?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pope Ben pointed this out when he was a Cardinal and when he became Pope what did he say first up to Pray for him, due to the wolves with in the RCC.

Pope Paul said about the devils within the RCC early in his time, then it was like another took his place and took on another direction from the original Pope Paul, his family said it was not him but someone other that looked like him.
Pope JP II waned all the time of sexually depraved within the RCC and many of the Priest hated him for saying such and every 2 weeks Pope JP II would send out letters not to support the sexually depraved degenerates.
Pope JP II and Pope Ben were totally hated by the SMS who was slandering them 24/7 I remember the MSM were on the war path against the RCC and then when Pope Frances came in bingo ! the MSM idolise him and claimed him the Peoples Pope ! :confused::rolleyes:

The Peoples Pope ? :eek: that truly means a Godless people.
The Peoples Pope ? :eek: that truly means a worldly Pope, a Pope of this world :oops: and he clearly is that in fact, he is just like the Freemason are all about, in bed with Islam and the so called Jews full on. not to mention that he is a Jesuit and such an Order should never be a Pope, that was clearly the case forever. what a shock that was a bloody bastard Jesuit in the hen house. that's like putting a fox in the hen house. the bastards worked to undermined the Franciscan order here, not to mention the bastard claims to be for Francis :rolleyes: one would think, but hell no ! he is not at all, but that's how Satanist work their delusions.

The union of the holy church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles is such that it cannot be harmed by the sins of men!

Automatic excommunication is incured upon the exercise of the intellect and will to teach error or Hersey or to commit grave sin! Men are sinners, with a sin nature and free will, but we should choose that which is good and holy! Rom 6:13

So the bride is spotless and without blemish!

The members of Christ in communion with God and each other are in a state of sanctifying grace!

We deplore the sins and outrages of abuse, most of which is done by homo’s on young boys, in any group especially those calling themselves Christian, the communists began infiltration in the seminary’s in the 30’s and the modernist’s and homo’s in the 60’s and 70’s

This is a symptom of error and Hersey
Modernism or theological liberalism, of the modern apostasy and nowhere does the true church teach anyone to do these things, nor do the Protestant sects which have the same issues! And we don’t blame the Protestant sects or leaders!

Philippians 4:8
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Anthony the abbot 4th cent.

Men will surrender to the spirit of the age. They will say that if they had lived in our day, faith would be simple and easy. But in their day, they will say, things are complex; the Church must be brought up to date and made meaningful to the day's problems. When the Church and the world are one, then those days are at hand.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte