Is God male?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is God male?

• No. The Holy Spirit is female, not male.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

biointeger

Feb 10, 2016
Melbourne? Australia
The Barrd said:
Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

He was with God, Biointeger.
Yes he was floating around with God.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
...following a Jewish carpenter...
This might be a good place for me to repeat:

At the moment I am involved in trying to explain quantum physics to my little dog.
Now, my Rag Doll is a very smart little fellow, he truly is.

When I'm through with that, I will come back to this forum, and explain for you the nature of God.

Meantime, keep breathing.....in.....and out.....and in.......and out......

IOW, don't hold your breath.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
StanJ said:
Jesus was born. Before He was born He was the WORD. WHEN he was born, that WORD became flesh. Heb 13:8 does not mean FROM the beginning of time, it means from when Jesus became the Christ.
Hello my good friend StanJ. I take it you don't believe that Moses spoke with Jesus face to face before His incarnation. Moses certainly new the name of the Messiah because he gave that name to Hoshea the son of Nun, whom we commonly know as Joshua. (Joshua is a "type" of the Lord.)
These are the names of the men whom Moses sent to spy out the land. And Moses called Hoshea the son of Nun, Joshua. Numbers 13:16

Do you think that Agur, the son of Jakeh, was referring to "Logas" as the name of God? Who has ascended into heaven, or descended? Who has gathered the wind in His fists? Who has bound the waters in a garment? Who has established all the ends of the earth? What is His name, and what is His Son's name, if you know? Proverbs 30:4

Since Logas is a Greek word and concept, what would be the Hebrew equivalent?
What do you base your assertion upon with regard to Hebrews 13:8, other than the metaphorical passage in the 1st chapter of John's gospel?

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
biointeger said:
before he was born "He was a male" Interesting but funny.
Technically everyone is either male or female before they were born, but every appearance of the Lord in the Old testament (as a human) is given as a male.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
Veni_Creator_Spiritus said:
So nobody thinks Melchizedek was the pre-incarnate Christ?

Very mysterious, no mother or father....Priest and King? Very odd.

Don't think He is but have heard that thrown around.

Some think there are several Christophanies in the OT.

Quick search on this and you get several articles:

http://www.cgg.org/index.cfm/fuseaction/Library.sr/CT/HWA/k/745/Mystery-Melchizedek-Solved.htm
I think Meschizedek was Jesus, and furthermore, I believe He still makes little appearances, every now and then, here and there...

Jan 11, 2016
The Barrd said:
I think Meschizedek was Jesus, and furthermore, I believe He still makes little appearances, every now and then, here and there...
Wouldn't surprise me, Barrd.

We know Jesus changed His appearance after the resurrection.

BTW, I know a WOF minister that claims Jesus has appeared to him on several occasions. And the guy seems soooo sincere and legit.

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Michael V Pardo said:
Hello my good friend StanJ. I take it you don't believe that Moses spoke with Jesus face to face before His incarnation. Moses certainly new the name of the Messiah because he gave that name to Hoshea the son of Nun, whom we commonly know as Joshua. (Joshua is a "type" of the Lord.)
These are the names of the men whom Moses sent to spy out the land. And Moses called Hoshea the son of Nun, Joshua. Numbers 13:16
Do you think that Agur, the son of Jakeh, was referring to "Logas" as the name of God? Who has ascended into heaven, or descended? Who has gathered the wind in His fists? Who has bound the waters in a garment? Who has established all the ends of the earth? What is His name, and what is His Son's name, if you know? Proverbs 30:4
Since Logas is a Greek word and concept, what would be the Hebrew equivalent?
What do you base your assertion upon with regard to Hebrews 13:8, other than the metaphorical passage in the 1st chapter of John's gospel?
Hi Michael....no I don't. Moses spoke to a physical manifestation of the WORD. Joshua was a very common name then and it is today. My first son is named Joshua. Joshua and Jesus are NOT the same, even though they sound similar in Hebrew. Melchizedek was a manifestation of the WORD. Jesus was/is our high priest IN THE ORDER OF Melchizedek. He is the WORD incarnate. Melchizedek was a physical manifestation of the WORD.
Logas and Logos are not the same. John 1 is NOT metaphorical at all, anymore than Genesis 1:1 was. John 1 connects the NT back to the OT by showing who God IS. Jesus Christ did not exist until He did. The WORD has always existed as and with God.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
The Barrd said:
Melchizedek was a physical manifestation of the WORD. Jesus is our high priest IN THE ORDER OF Melchizedek. The WORD became flesh in Jesus.
It's all very straight forward, IF you just believe what John 1 states.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
StanJ said:
Hi Michael....no I don't. Moses spoke to a physical manifestation of the WORD. Joshua was a very common name then and it is today. My first son is named Joshua. Joshua and Jesus are NOT the same, even though they sound similar in Hebrew. Melchizedek was a manifestation of the WORD. Jesus was/is our high priest IN THE ORDER OF Melchizedek. He is the WORD incarnate. Melchizedek was a physical manifestation of the WORD.
Logas and Logos are not the same. John 1 is NOT metaphorical at all, anymore than Genesis 1:1 was. John 1 connects the NT back to the OT by showing who God IS. Jesus Christ did not exist until He did. The WORD has always existed as and with God.
So John chapter 1 is not metaphorical at all. So Jesus is light and whenever we flip a light switch on we get to see Jesus, is that right?

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
Veni_Creator_Spiritus said:
Wouldn't surprise me, Barrd.

We know Jesus changed His appearance after the resurrection.

BTW, I know a WOF minister that claims Jesus has appeared to him on several occasions. And the guy seems soooo sincere and legit.
One of my sons tells me that when he was little, an older boy convinced him that they should stomp on a bunch of snails...
They were happily stomping away, when my son happened to look up...and he swears that he saw Jesus, looking at him sadly, and shaking His head...
I don't know....but I do know the kid has had a heart for animals as long as I can remember...

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Michael V Pardo said:
So John chapter 1 is not metaphorical at all. So Jesus is light and whenever we flip a light switch on we get to see Jesus, is that right?
That's because you're reading it in the wrong context. Jesus was the spiritual light, in comparison to the physical light in Gen 1
The point is, like any writing, one has to be able to see the style, not just assert it. Basic rules of grammar apply.

Jan 11, 2016
The Barrd said:
One of my sons tells me that when he was little, an older boy convinced him that they should stomp on a bunch of snails...
They were happily stomping away, when my son happened to look up...and he swears that he saw Jesus, looking at him sadly, and shaking His head...
I don't know....but I do know the kid has had a heart for animals as long as I can remember...
I trust in little kids more than adults, so that's a believable story.

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is this still a thread about God being male? Its really difficult to tell.