Is God really hearing my prayers?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

faithfulyoungman

Jan 4, 2012
I think i
placed this wrong the first time so here it goes......

Hi, so this is my first topic ever on a christian forum and since im not living in the States but in Europe i apology for any grammatical faults.It`s like this.
First of all i have always believed in God and prayed and so on.Im brought up in a catholic family but my family dont hold too much to the rules so to speak except for me im the youngest sibling. I find it vital to be a good person that for example only have sex with a girl i really love and being together with her.Im still virgine 19 year old guy.I have had my hesitations because most people around me thinks im weird and so on.Im really good looking accourding to many people. But especially throughout high school people thought i was weird because i didnt drink or anything like that,and i felt really bad during those years.So here is the problem.

I got hit pretty hard in my knee two years ago by a "friend".And it didnt feel to much for starters but after a year or so i felt unstable on my knee and its not like the other one.It is more stiff and i now it will never be the same,not sure how to exactly describe it. I can live with it but it has taken me down so much when i realised what has happened and who did it. I just fell apart completely, because i also had a bright future ahead of me as a runner and a basketball player.That dream is over now.
The person who did this to me has the face of a evil person because a while before another person hit him so he fell and he got an outburst that the knee is extremly sensitive and then he did the same thing to me.It was so unneccessary.!! And he had absolutely no reason for it.

I just cant get over it. I suspect It is a patellar tendon damage and its not good to do surgery on the knee.It`s like the devil"friend"that was not my real friend knew exactly where to hit me just because he could. It didnt feel much then but the symptoms come after a while.

It`s so sick everything that has happened to me the last years,most psychically pain but alot emotional as well.And i am not just saying this because alot of shit has really happened to me.My mother has found out she may have a heart problem.My grandmother called today and cried because she misses my family so much and she feels like she is really old and wants too se us.My dad is emotionally abusive to my mother and my brother is a bit psycho himself with alot of problems.In the last six years both my other grandparents died and two pets who were precious. I was stupid enought to hurt my back 5 years ago but that is fine now.I also hurt my eyes because i was really stupid when i was 13 and so on theres some more things but it hurts to think of them.

And now i feel just broken down completely and i feel pretty pathetic that all of this could happen to me . I guess alot of people have a more difficult time than me but i feel like i havent deserved this in any way. I prayed to God a while back ago although ive prayed a pretty much my entire life, and it really felt like the pain went away for a while but its still there like usual. I dont now what to do anymore.Im confused and i feel stuck.I dont want to hesitate in God but i maybe think is to complicated for even him to fix this so im not blaming him. I just want to be healed like i was before all of this.

Can someone help me.I wonder if there is a bible quote or anything i can read.What do you think i dont know everything about christiansy.....

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Sir, I do not know you but you are now in my prayers.

In answer to your original question, if you close your eyes and are focusing your words on God, He is listening.
No question, whatsoever.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think i
placed this wrong the first time so here it goes......

Hi, so this is my first topic ever on a christian forum and since im not living in the States but in Europe i apology for any grammatical faults.It`s like this.
First of all i have always believed in God and prayed and so on.Im brought up in a catholic family but my family dont hold too much to the rules so to speak except for me im the youngest sibling. I find it vital to be a good person that for example only have sex with a girl i really love and being together with her.Im still virgine 19 year old guy.I have had my hesitations because most people around me thinks im weird and so on.Im really good looking accourding to many people. But especially throughout high school people thought i was weird because i didnt drink or anything like that,and i felt really bad during those years.So here is the problem.

I got hit pretty hard in my knee two years ago by a "friend".And it didnt feel to much for starters but after a year or so i felt unstable on my knee and its not like the other one.It is more stiff and i now it will never be the same,not sure how to exactly describe it. I can live with it but it has taken me down so much when i realised what has happened and who did it. I just fell apart completely, because i also had a bright future ahead of me as a runner and a basketball player.That dream is over now.
The person who did this to me has the face of a evil person because a while before another person hit him so he fell and he got an outburst that the knee is extremly sensitive and then he did the same thing to me.It was so unneccessary.!! And he had absolutely no reason for it.

I just cant get over it. I suspect It is a patellar tendon damage and its not good to do surgery on the knee.It`s like the devil"friend"that was not my real friend knew exactly where to hit me just because he could. It didnt feel much then but the symptoms come after a while.

It`s so sick everything that has happened to me the last years,most psychically pain but alot emotional as well.And i am not just saying this because alot of shit has really happened to me.My mother has found out she may have a heart problem.My grandmother called today and cried because she misses my family so much and she feels like she is really old and wants too se us.My dad is emotionally abusive to my mother and my brother is a bit psycho himself with alot of problems.In the last six years both my other grandparents died and two pets who were precious. I was stupid enought to hurt my back 5 years ago but that is fine now.I also hurt my eyes because i was really stupid when i was 13 and so on theres some more things but it hurts to think of them.

And now i feel just broken down completely and i feel pretty pathetic that all of this could happen to me . I guess alot of people have a more difficult time than me but i feel like i havent deserved this in any way. I prayed to God a while back ago although ive prayed a pretty much my entire life, and it really felt like the pain went away for a while but its still there like usual. I dont now what to do anymore.Im confused and i feel stuck.I dont want to hesitate in God but i maybe think is to complicated for even him to fix this so im not blaming him. I just want to be healed like i was before all of this.

Can someone help me.I wonder if there is a bible quote or anything i can read.What do you think i dont know everything about christiansy.....

The more you choose to love through all of this 'life' that is happening to you and will continue to happen to you during phases of your lifetime, the more healing will occur and the more joy your will experience. So pick up your cross (all your burdens in this life) and follow Him!

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
I completely understand how you're feeling.

Firstly, I understand knee injuries, and other various injuries. Right now I have a sprained ankle. A couple months before that I got a bad knee injurie during Judo. My partner attempted a technique and ended up kicking the inside of my knee. The impact hurt so bad I buckled and fell. When I fell, the guy came crashing down with his whole body weight on his foot on my knee. I was out of training for over a month. As soon as that was healed enough to return, BAM! Sprained ankle!

I also have arthritis in most of the major joints in my body. When I found out about the arthritis in my shoulders, I almost cried. I thought, "That's it! It's all over! No more Judo, no more nothing!"

Everytime I've been injured, I fell into a deep depression. That's how it is when you play sports and love them. You get hurt, can't play/train, and it's sad. You begin to question if you'll ever be able to do the things you love. EVERYTHING starts to get a bleak dark outlook. You start dwelling on all the problems in your life. You become hopeless and depressed about all other areas of life.

Here's the good news! Firstly, your knee can become sprained just like your ankle. If your knee cap is still in place, it's not a petellar tendon tear. Or it could be a minor, they're graded from 1 to 3. What you need is RICE,, rest, ice, compress, elevate. Keep your knee wrapped, and if possible, see a doctor. You'll be fine. Return to activities slowly, don't rush, and wear a brace. Most joint injuries take around 4 to 6 weeks to become well enough to return to activities. It takes around 6 months to heal completely.

There's several people in my dojo that have had knee and ankle surgeries. They're still training and compteting in the "great crippler" as Judo is lovingly called.