Is God's love unconditional?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

That's a matter of definition. The Bible does not use the term "unconditional love".

John 3:

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
God's love is unconditional in the sense that his love is open to anyone who wants it. God's love is extended to the unlovable.

After that, God's love is conditional in that to remain in his love, you have to remain in Christ.

John 15:

10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love.
God's love may be unconditional. Salvation is not unconditional.

Reactions: amadeus

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes, God’s love IS unconditional.
As well, God’s blessing ARE unconditional.

Gods gifts ARE conditional, and Freely Given upon meeting the conditions.

Gods conditions are called His ORDER, His WAY.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Chains Broken

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Those who want in on their conditions and dictate to others those conditions set themselves at odds with Grace.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That's a matter of definition. The Bible does not use the term "unconditional love".

John 3:

God's love is unconditional in the sense that his love is open to anyone who wants it. God's love is extended to the unlovable.

After that, God's love is conditional in that to remain in his love, you have to remain in Christ.

John 15:

God's love may be unconditional. Salvation is not unconditional.
God is like a parent. Actually, he IS a parent. He will always love us. He will always discipline us, when necessary.