Is homosexuality right or wrong? A closer look...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
mjrhealth said:
No KJ see you are living by the law, are you going to be judging men, do you know why they are the way they are, no cause you dont care, all you see is the outside, you are not intersetd but it makes you feel better because somehow,Their sin is worse than yours, And waht did Christ say according to the bible..
1 Cor 5 I have already passed judgment in the name of our Lord Jesus on the one who has been doing this. 4 So when you are assembled and I am with you in spirit, and the power of our Lord Jesus is present, 5 hand this man over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh. What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13 God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked person from among you.

When you take John 8:15 with your interpretation you are quoting a half truth. You are no better then the devil in Matt 4. You are either a false teacher of their father the devil or God will group you with the babies, kids and mentally handicapped. One thing we both agree on, God is good and just! So please stop promoting ignorance to our own sin. False techers have a special place in hell. Remember that next time you post.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I guess Jesus will just have to throw evetry one out of church?? Since we are all sinners.

In all His Love

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
mjrhealth said:
I guess Jesus will just have to throw evetry one out of church?? Since we are all sinners.

In all His Love
Certainly 1 John 1:8.

I respect the fact that you love Jesus mjr health. I feel bad for coming down on you so hard when you do. But this is not a trivial issue! This is definitely a life or death, heaven or hell issue that we cannot get wrong!

It doesn't matter what we believe. OSAS, Calvinism, Catholic, stay at home Christian, Muslim, Buddhist....God IS impartial and He HAS created a heaven and hell. MANY will go to hell and few to heaven. WE send ourselves to hell when we are ignorant and do not truthfully judge ourselves. We ALL have to get on our knees and follow Phil 2:12 because of 1 Cor 11:31.

Consider the OT. No Jew was sinless. Yet having a heart after God's heart / faith in God by obeying His commandments to the best of their ability, sent them to Abrahams bosom. Likewise us Christians are not perfect. But our hearts are after His. He overlooks a multitude of sins because He has our hearts. We can sincerely repent of venial sins. But mortal sins test our sincerity. Especially when we continue in them!

Christians make mistakes of sin. They hate sin Rom 12:9. Being homosexual is not a mistake. It is a choice to stay in a sin. If it was just a once off mistake we can repent and God will forgive. Hence when we get on our knees we judge two things properly. 1. The extremity of the sin and 2. the repetitiveness of the sin.

Either God is on the throne where we hate sin and cling to what is good or the devil is where we ignore truthful self judgement and rationalise our sin away. God is not a fool. He examines the heart and the mind Jer 17:10.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No KJ you are judging after teh flesh, you look and see and thats how you judge, soem are by choice ithers are because of corruption but you like all chritsnas lump them all into one bucket, and say God look at them dont look at us. Well I have had a good hard look at myself, I have had a good hard look at Jesus, and I know where I stand, and I will do as Jesus asked, Love them all. Jesus was found amongst teh sinners thats where you will find me, So may christans are going to get a rude awakening when God lets them see them,selves in a mirror.

Joh 8:15 Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man.
Joh 8:16 And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.

In all His Love

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
Ezekial 33:6 But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet and the people are not warned, and a sword comes and takes a person from them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood I will require from the watchman’s hand.

Your brain schisms to the truth will not save you. I have given you scripture in additon to yours to consider. No more excuses for blindly quoting half truths. Encourage anyone to remain as a homosexual and their blood is on your hands.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Still KJ teh bible cant save you only the truth can its nice one knows the bible, far better that one knows God and His will. Still you judge after the flesh, and choose to hate and not forgive, thats what the pharisees chose and Jesus admonished them for it.

In all His Love

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
mjrhealth said:
Still KJ teh bible cant save you only the truth can its nice one knows the bible, far better that one knows God and His will. Still you judge after the flesh, and choose to hate and not forgive, thats what the pharisees chose and Jesus admonished them for it.

In all His Love
You are mistaking discerning with condemning. If you don't do a proper study on judging and keep to such a naive view you have to ignore the scripture I quoted. We don't send anyone to hell so its not our place to condemn, duh. I judge myself with fear and trembling and will likewise exhort my brothers and sisters to do the same. I choose to listen to what Paul told me over your miss-guided assumption off 1 or 2 scriptures.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Discerning that is something most christans dont have, that requiers teh Holy Spirirt and to be listening to our Lord, or its all just the flesh and the tree of good and evil.

In all His lOve

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to the Bible, homosexuality is part of ancient worldliness, which needs to be rejected. Our version of worldliness that needs to be rejected includes consumerism, materialism, worship of fame, and radical individualism.

Since homosexuality has changed quite a bit over 2,000 years - evolving from a bathhouse sexual encounter, to a desire for a committed relationship, which only tempts about 10% of the population, I think we would be better off spending our energy refraining from the worldliness of our times, which tempts all of us, rather than condemning a minority of people who are engaged in sin we are not tempted by.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
mjrhealth said:
Discerning that is something most christans dont have, that requiers teh Holy Spirirt and to be listening to our Lord, or its all just the flesh and the tree of good and evil.

In all His lOve
The extremely painful reality though is that Holy Spirit discernment wil NEVER clash with scripture. So citing scripture when discerning is key. Otherwise we use our feelings and opinion as God's word. Which is absolutely retarded, idiotic, satanic, arrogant and ignorant.
aspen said:
According to the Bible, homosexuality is part of ancient worldliness, which needs to be rejected. Our version of worldliness that needs to be rejected includes consumerism, materialism, worship of fame, and radical individualism.

Since homosexuality has changed quite a bit over 2,000 years - evolving from a bathhouse sexual encounter, to a desire for a committed relationship, which only tempts about 10% of the population, I think we would be better off spending our energy refraining from the worldliness of our times, which tempts all of us, rather than condemning a minority of people who are engaged in sin we are not tempted by.
What rubbish. If you knew your bible you would know that when we repeat the mistakes of old, we will like those of old, encounter God's wrath. God does not change. That is Christianity 101.

Only the devil would want us to be ignorant of this mortal sin. 10% is absolutely shocking! It is an anti-Christian epidemic.

ServingTheMostHigh

Jan 16, 2014
In a land far, far, away
Peace and Love,

Being a homosexual in The Most High's eyes is an abomination! Also, by people twisting scriptures around to make it seem that being a homosexual is fine, is just plain wrong.

(Lev 18:22) Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

(Lev 20:13) If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Christ said it himself: (Joh 7:24) Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

mjrhealth said:
Any louder my ears will fall of,

Of so the bible is greater than God ????

Or does the opinion of the bible replace God ???

Or is the bible your God???

We are not under the law, to live by the law is to tread the grace of God underfoot,

We have but one law, the greatest of all. " LOVE".

Loud enough for you gismys

In all His Love

The OT was about the flesh, it showed that man was incapable of saving himself though his deads.
Jesus came to tell of and show a better way,

But christians still prefer the old way still live under the law still prefer the old wine to teh new,

Christ is the only way. One sinner is no worse than another untill someone makes a point of It like homosexuality which is all christians write about as if it is worse than any sin of theirs.

In all His Love
Peace and Love mrjhealth,

I agree with you that all sins are bad. Everyday that we are given to live is another day to come back to Christ and The Most High. If someone is a homosexual and they find Christ and The Most High, turn their life around and submit themselves to Christ and The Most High, they will be forgiven. However, if a person goes back to sinning willing, then they are wrong because they have found Christ and The Most High and went against them knowing the truth

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
how about if you find out that Walmart uses slave labor to make their products and you continue to shop there? what if you continue to consume the cheapest produce in the world in the US, picked by illegal daylaborers? are you just as guilty of living a sinful lifestyle as homosexual that 'knows better'? i see little difference - i also believe the only reason were are allowed to see personal sin in our neighbor is to help us root out our sin and increase our compassion for our neighbor - judgment play no role unless you are the persons spiritual leader.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
Lilly Campton said:
He also argues that the Law of Moses should not apply to us in the area of homosexuality because some of the other abominations then that we don't see as sins now. What is your take on that? Paul tells us that we, the Gentiles, are not under the authority of this law, yet we still choose which laws we want to follow. Is this identical to how we try to see what sin is bigger than other sin when all sin is equal? Should we really be following ALL of the Law of Moses since we have only adopted parts and called them sin even though we are not under the authority of these laws? I am going to admit this argument is starting to cause some confusion in my mind...
I have gone from neutrality to complete and utter confusion...

The most common example imho that homosexual teachers quote on the OT is disobedient children. So let's look closer...

Deut 21:18-23

If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them: Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place; And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear. And if a man have committed a sin worthy of death, and he be to be put to death, and thou hang him on a tree:His body shall not remain all night upon the tree, but thou shalt in any wise bury him that day; (for he that is hanged is accursed of God;) that thy land be not defiled, which the Lord thy God giveth thee for an inheritance.

We have to TRY and understand that every offender was first taken before a council of wise and respected elders! They judge the seriousness of the situation. Kids that got drunk, continued in debauchery (immoral sex, speaking ugly / foolishly), dis-respected parents...the ''height'' of giving into the flesh...to the point that a council of wise elders judged the guy as beyond hope (normally after warnings as was and is Jewish culture)...he was put to death. It was never '''oh the kid swore at his parents'' lets stone him.

Homosexuality however is something that never required warnings or much judgement by elders.

Now Jews OT are a shadow in the NT. Hence no stoning needed. But if we disregard the seriousness of homosexuality being an abomination OT we are at the 'height' of ignorance. God did show the world, through the Jews, how much the action upset Him. When we ignore that...we imply God was biased on the Jews....or God made a mistake with the Jews...or God has changed. See all the evil / blury / satanic conclusions that believing a lie / deceitful view leads to.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Dodo_David said:
People who wish to engage in sexual activity with others of the same gender are going to try to twist Scripture into allowing them to engage in such activity.

They may even make videos aimed at convincing naive people to accept homosexual behavior.

When one bases orthodoxy on whatever is emotionally pleasing - or on whatever won't upset one's friends and family - one is vulnerable to believing anything that is emotionally pleasing, such as a video that twists and misinterprets Scriptures.

The Apostle Paul makes it quite clear that God is opposed to sexual activity between two people of the same gender.

You said it the best of all

Thank you