Is homosexuality right or wrong? A closer look...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
stop shouting we are not deaf, no you cant sepreate the word of God from God the bible is another matter. Now whi is homosexuality worse than your sin ????? the reward is all teh same so how can it be worse than say, mass muder. preaching a lie.

OIh and by the way Jesus died for "all your sin not just the onses tday and He died for theirs too.

Their is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, if you feel condemned by your sin you may want to queary Christ on that one,

In all His Love
'

GISMYS

Mar 4, 2013
SOUTHERN USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
THE ONLY WAY ANYONE CAN SAY SICK SEXUAL PERVERSION IS NOT SIN IS TO SIN MORE BY TRYING TO SAY GOD'S HOLY INSPIRED(GOD BREATHED)WORD IS NOT REALLY GOD'S WORD. IMHO THAT SIN HAS A VERY VERY HIGH COST. BEWARE!

YES!! The homosexual can confess and repent and GOD will forgive him. GOD loves him but GOD HATES SIN. BUT THE HOMOSEXUAL TRYS TO SAY HIS SIN IS NOT SIN THERBY COMPOUNDING HIS SIN.

YES!!! I CONFESS AND REPENT OF MY SINS BUT I DO NOT TRY TO DENY THE TRUTH OF GOD'S WORD. I CONFESS AND REPENT AND GOD SAYS HE FORGIVES ME AND I TRY TO LIVE TODAY BETTER=MORE PLEASING TO GOD THAN I LIVED YESTERDAY. I DO NOT TRY TO DENY MY SINS ARE SIN!!!

WHO WOULD TRY TO DENY THE WORD OF GOD =THE HOLY BIBLE IS THE WORD OF GOD???

Who would try to deny the BIBLE IS GOD'S WORD OF TRUTH TO TRY TO JUSTIFY THEIR SEXUAL PERVERSION SIN?

YES!!! THERE IS NO CONDEMNATION FOR THOSE WHO ARE IN JESUS CHRIST! BUT WE ARE CONDEMNED BY ALL SIN WE REFUSE TO CONFESS AND REPENT OF. WE CANNOT LIVE IN JESUS AND REFUSE TO CONFESS AND REPENT OF SIN

GALATIONS 6:7= BE NOT DECEIVED GOD IS NOT MOCKED:FOR WHAT EVER (SIN) MAN SOWETH THAT HE SHALL ALSO REAP.

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
GISMYS, using all capital letters in a post is the literary equivalent of shouting. You don't make your argument stronger by doing it.

Also, tact and diplomacy go a long way in helping a person who is making an inquiry about the New Testament's teachings.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Who is denying that Gods word is not true, its the bible here we are talking about. Now lets put this in perspective that even you can understand, The "bible" says God does not change, yet every version of the bible is different if they where not there would be no reason for them, so in that, either God is a liar or man is foolish, which is it. Now again when did homosequality become a worse sin than any other, whi is it on so many christian froums this topic comes up over and over yet never the sins of the church, or murder or theft, is it because those thinhgs are close to the heart, what makes you so upset, or is it that you feel better because maybe their sin is worse than yours??? Is it??? Jesus died for them too, He has forgiven them just as He has forgiven you, Jesus died "ONCE AND FOR ALL', He will never do it again. Yelling does not make you+ right.

in all His abundant love and Grace (fopr all men)

Tropical Islander

Dec 20, 2013
From a statistical numbers research:

"The truth about a hopeless bondage to a sin, which will give them less than half of a normal life expectancy. The homosexual is not allowed to be told that 4 out of 5 homosexuals have a sexually transmitted disease. The homosexual is not allowed to be told they are 10 times more likely to commit suicide, and 100 times more likely to be killed by a partner abuse. Why is it called intolerance to tell the homosexual they can be set free from bondage to such a destructive sin?"

half of a normal life expectancy - what clearly indicates that this sin takes away your life energy to the point to shorten your life span. All sin does, but especially this one. That's why Sodom "got nuked" - so they could not corrupt their children and their lifes anymore and additionally send everyone to hell.

Paul doesn't preach to restrict believers in order to take away their freedom of choice. He does it out of love for us. Sin still kills, it didn't die, we have to die to it in order to walk in the Spirit. Everything else is "pro-grave" invented by people that hate creation and humanity and want to see everyone die as soon as possible. Satan is clever to make deadly things look desirable, Jesus wants to protect us. Everyone has to make a choice, who do you trust?

GISMYS

Mar 4, 2013
SOUTHERN USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those sinners that do acts of sexual perversion like all sinners will be forgiven ""IF"" they confess their sins and repent. 1 John 1:9 ===then go and sin no more!

God's Word tells us what God has to say about sick sexual perversion in Romans 1:21-32 and 1 corinthians 6:9-10 BELIEVE GOD and ignore some little man teaching on a silly video BECAUSE 2 Timothy 4:3 says there will be many false teachers in the last days!

Lilly Campton

Jan 3, 2014
Now the hard part, who do I address first, my parents or my best friend? Once that decision is made, what should I do? Some say when in a situation such as this you should love the person, but also "keep your distance" and "be weary" of them. They also say you shouldn't hang out with them all the time and feel comfortable with them as you would with your other Christian brothers and sisters (I say other because from my understanding she is Christian. I haven't had to ever ask her since she went to church with her mom, but she is 17 now and teenagers begin to do their own thing and not just follow the ways of their parents. Plenty of people say they are Christian and just live a very free lifestyle, but believe in God). To be honest, I forgot to bring up the fact that the elementary school we went to together is Christian school! Should I treat her like who she wants to be or should I treat her like a girl? How do I communicate with her without condoning homosexual of behavior?

GISMYS

Mar 4, 2013
SOUTHERN USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOVE THE SINNER BUT HATE THEIR SIN!!! Do not let others pull you down and away from GOD AND GOD'S WORD. STAND TALL FOR WHAT YOU KNOW IS TRUE AND GOOD, IF YOUR FRIEND WILL NOT STAND WITH YOU'IT WILL BE HER CHOICE!

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
Lilly Campton said:
Now the hard part, who do I address first, my parents or my best friend? Once that decision is made, what should I do? Some say when in a situation such as this you should love the person, but also "keep your distance" and "be weary" of them. They also say you shouldn't hang out with them all the time and feel comfortable with them as you would with your other Christian brothers and sisters (I say other because from my understanding she is Christian. I haven't had to ever ask her since she went to church with her mom, but she is 17 now and teenagers begin to do their own thing and not just follow the ways of their parents. Plenty of people say they are Christian and just live a very free lifestyle, but believe in God). To be honest, I forgot to bring up the fact that the elementary school we went to together is Christian school! Should I treat her like who she wants to be or should I treat her like a girl? How do I communicate with her without condoning homosexual of behavior?

Lilly, this situation demonstrates why we need to ask God to grant us His wisdom.

You don't necessarily have to shun your lesbian friend. However, you don't need to be around your lesbian friend whenever she is engaging in homosexual behavior. You don't have to help her satisfy her homosexual desires.

Meanwhile, you would help yourself by surrounding yourself with Christian friends who acknowledge the sinfulness of sex between two people of the same gender.
We are stronger when we are in a group than when we are alone.

Lilly Campton

Jan 3, 2014
Well, I went to a Christian school for elementary and middle school and chose to go to a special early college public high school so pretty much everyone there is of the Christian and Catholic faith. There is only one muslim and probably 5 or less Budist. The Christian students there acknowledge the existence of God and go to church sometimes, but they are those kind of Christians that don't see a problem with homosexuality. As for the Catholics, they are all Hispanic and they kind of only associate themselves with other Hispanics and people of the Catholic faith when it pertains to religion. At my school all the Catholics are Hispanic :-\ Basically no one at my school is really AGAINST homosexuality and are open about it because they will be persecuted for it. I really don't have a really good Christian friend. The most faithful Christians I had encountered were at my middle school, but I didn't have a cellphone at the time and I wasn't on any social sites so we weren't that close. To tell the truth, two of my friends are bisexual, but since they much rather prefer a heterosexual relationship, I really don't notice it. So having Christian friends who understand that homsexuality is wrong is kind of ruled out because I don't have any. The world is different now so what use to be "taboo" is now seen as ok and when you don't have much diversity at your school, everyone's opinion religiously and politically is the same. Like you better not walk in my school saying "LETS GO REPUBLICANS!" because that is going to get you into some trouble because no one likes the person that is different :-(

Oh, and how about how to approach my parents? It's their house. I can't invite anyone over without their permission. They are also religious to the point that they see people as having different "spirits" and they would probably say "We don't want to let a "homosexual spirit" in this household (even though she's been this way all along and they didn't know).

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
If everyone accepts and praises you its a sign that your doing something wrong. It seems that only the Christian meets with resistance from all sides.

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
Lilly Campton said:
Well, I went to a Christian school for elementary and middle school and chose to go to a special early college public high school so pretty much everyone there is of the Christian and Catholic faith. There is only one muslim and probably 5 or less Budist. The Christian students there acknowledge the existence of God and go to church sometimes, but they are those kind of Christians that don't see a problem with homosexuality. As for the Catholics, they are all Hispanic and they kind of only associate themselves with other Hispanics and people of the Catholic faith when it pertains to religion. At my school all the Catholics are Hispanic :-\ Basically no one at my school is really AGAINST homosexuality and are open about it because they will be persecuted for it. I really don't have a really good Christian friend. The most faithful Christians I had encountered were at my middle school, but I didn't have a cellphone at the time and I wasn't on any social sites so we weren't that close. To tell the truth, two of my friends are bisexual, but since they much rather prefer a heterosexual relationship, I really don't notice it. So having Christian friends who understand that homsexuality is wrong is kind of ruled out because I don't have any. The world is different now so what use to be "taboo" is now seen as ok and when you don't have much diversity at your school, everyone's opinion religiously and politically is the same. Like you better not walk in my school saying "LETS GO REPUBLICANS!" because that is going to get you into some trouble because no one likes the person that is different :-(

Oh, and how about how to approach my parents? It's their house. I can't invite anyone over without their permission. They are also religious to the point that they see people as having different "spirits" and they would probably say "We don't want to let a "homosexual spirit" in this household (even though she's been this way all along and they didn't know).
Lilly, it isn't unusual for people to try to serve two masters because they don't want to be ostracized.

You can't change the people who attend your school. You can only govern your own beliefs and behavior. Sometimes, doing the godly thing means doing the unpopular thing. You don't have to conform to the world just because everyone else in your school is doing so.

As for your parents ... that's a tough call. it would be wrong to lie to your parents.

As for your need for Christian friends, are you able to choose which church that you attend?

Lilly Campton

Jan 3, 2014
lforrest said:
If everyone accepts and praises you its a sign that your doing something wrong. It seems that only the Christian meets with resistance from all sides.
How should I approach my parents? No one's helping me there :( That's the most important part. I can't even go to see my friend and talk about it without any transportation...

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
Lilly Campton said:
How should I approach my parents? No one's helping me there :( That's the most important part. I can't even go to see my friend and talk about it without any transportation...
Lilly, this conversations is a bit too much on a personal level. I will chat with you by private messaging if that is OK with you.

Lilly Campton

Jan 3, 2014
Dodo_David said:
Lilly, it isn't unusual for people to try to serve two masters because they don't want to be ostracized.

You can't change the people who attend your school. You can only govern your own beliefs and behavior. Sometimes, doing the godly thing means doing the unpopular thing. You don't have to conform to the world just because everyone else in your school is doing so.

As for your parents ... that's a tough call. it would be wrong to lie to your parents.

As for your need for Christian friends, are you able to choose which church that you attend?
I attend two small churches and both of them don't really have people my age. One church is mostly composed of older peoole and the other has little to no people my age and the people that are my age are kind of like the people at my school when it comes to Christianity. I told you, the most faithful Christian people my age were in middle school. They were so serious about their relationship with Christ. I have yet to see any others like them.
That is fine with me.

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
Lilly, I send you a private message. Check your inbox at the upper right-hand corner of your screen.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
Lilly Campton said:
Read 1 Cor 5 on how serious Paul sees sexual sin! and on the importance of addressing her Proverbs 27:6 Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.

I use the same phrase with all the gay people I know. 'If God thought you would be happier with the same sex, He would have made you a different sex. So, unless you are a hermaphrodite, you have no excuse. You simply cannot survive a session of self judgment in fear and trembling before God Phil 2:12'.

mjrhealth said:
Who is denying that Gods word is not true, its the bible here we are talking about. Now lets put this in perspective that even you can understand, The "bible" says God does not change, yet every version of the bible is different if they where not there would be no reason for them, so in that, either God is a liar or man is foolish, which is it. Now again when did homosequality become a worse sin than any other, whi is it on so many christian froums this topic comes up over and over yet never the sins of the church, or murder or theft, is it because those thinhgs are close to the heart, what makes you so upset, or is it that you feel better because maybe their sin is worse than yours??? Is it??? Jesus died for them too, He has forgiven them just as He has forgiven you, Jesus died "ONCE AND FOR ALL', He will never do it again. Yelling does not make you+ right.

in all His abundant love and Grace (fopr all men)
Good to hear you say the underlined. My bible tells me that certain sins OT got hands chopped off (thief), certain sins got you burnt at the stake (sorcery), certain sins got you excommunicated and then certain sins got you stoned to death (homosexuality). My bible tells me that Jesus died for all. But that not all will be in heaven. My bible tells me to judge all things 1 Cor 2:15. My bible tells me to work out my salvation in fear and trembling before God Phil 2:12.

So guess what I conclude when on my knees before God? You read the same bible as me. You know the scripture I am referring too. Yet you believe otherwise. You really think that a ''Christian'' living in homosexuality will pass a session self judgement? Lets be honest now! We are talking about helping people to hell here! For if we would judge ourselves truthfully we would not be judged 1 Cor 11:31.

Please don't come with the weak ''sin is sin'' argument. Tell me honeslty that you will divorce your spouse if they think of adultery or acknowledge that you are being dishonest.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No KJ see you are living by the law, are you going to be judging men, do you know why they are the way they are, no cause you dont care, all you see is the outside, you are not intersetd but it makes you feel better because somehow,Their sin is worse than yours, And waht did Christ say according to the bible..

Joh_8:15 Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man.
Joh_8:16 And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.

You are called to LOVE everyone, if you cant than you are not His.

In All His Love

GISMYS

Mar 4, 2013
SOUTHERN USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have no need to judge homosexuality,GOD'S WORD GIVES US HIS JUDGMENTS ON SICK SEXUAL PERVERSION,read it and believe it! ROMANS 1:26-32 AND 1 CORINTHIANS 6:9-10

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The bible says ALL sin is is death, even yours, so why do you pick on them, are you sinless???

In all YHis love