Is it a gift to be single? But do churches see that way?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Church and the Single Person | Belief It Or Not​

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Most churches are organised around families, t here young adult section tends to fizzle out as the young adults become young families or move away for work or marriage, those singles who are left fall into a black hole.

It takes a lot of work to support sing.e young adults, often there ar7 many, they have diverse interests and often work all the hours going.
Few churches are happy to see them start attending another churches young adult group, viewing it as poaching ' their ' members.

Does anyone have ideas, suggestions how to help this age group?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think it's good to be single unless you have no sexual attraction to the opposite sex. And I think the bible supports that for the most part. But it says for them that can't withhold it is better to marry. Churches know this so I think they usually support marriages.

Reactions: Debp

Michaelwestbrook828

Aug 19, 2023
gatesville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From what i gather the Word sorta paints the picture of covenant between you and God be 100% first. It depicts natural marriage
that takes place between man and woman as something to maintain if one cant control his or her sexual desires. so i believe marriage should just always be a secondary desire but when blessed with it should be upheld in the order of God 1st placing him the head of it....
"really just don't chase after marriage the lord will bless you with it"

Reactions: dev553344