is it a sin to play this game?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jabre

Dec 22, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Destroy all Humans is a video game where you get to see the other side of an alien invasion: the alien side, where you play as Cryptosporidium, an alien of the race known as Furons. the goal is to wreak havok on human society in all sorts of ways and extract the brain stems of humans. I often go on mass killing sprees in this game for fun, much like i used to play Grand Theft Auto. come to think of it, this game is basiclly a T rated GTA with more aliens. My main issue with the game is actully how it tempts me. i often get intrusive thoughts about sacrificing the people i kill in the game to the devil. should i be playing this?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Destroy all Humans is a video game where you get to see the other side of an alien invasion: the alien side, where you play as Cryptosporidium, an alien of the race known as Furons. the goal is to wreak havok on human society in all sorts of ways and extract the brain stems of humans. I often go on mass killing sprees in this game for fun, much like i used to play Grand Theft Auto. come to think of it, this game is basiclly a T rated GTA with more aliens. My main issue with the game is actully how it tempts me. i often get intrusive thoughts about sacrificing the people i kill in the game to the devil. should i be playing this?
The fact that you are asking speaks volumes. If you think it is then it is.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i cant tell if this is a joke or not

I think fluffy is trying to tell you to go do something else.

Of course it is dark, and giving you ideas about sacrificing people to the devil. And i think you know this.

There is a verse in the Bible that I always think about when i see this type of thing

2 Cor 3:18 "But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord. If we dwell on the Lord and His goodness, we will begin to reflect that."

and,

Phil 4:8 "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."

Whatever you are around or allow yourself to view, changes you. If you continue to play games which give you bad ideas, you are moving on dangerous ground. You need to stop.

Maybe you should quit playing all together. Not trying to be mean here, but you don't seem to exercise good judgement on your choice of games.

Last edited:

Jabre

Dec 22, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Of course it is dark, and giving you ideas about sacrificing people to the devil. And i think you know this.

There is a verse in the Bible that I always think about when i see this type of thing

2 Cor 3:18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord. If we dwell on the Lord and His goodness, we will begin to reflect that.

and,

Phil 4:8 "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."

Whatever you are around or allow yourself to view, changes you. If you continue to play games which give you bad ideas, you are moving on dangerous ground. You need to stop.

Maybe you should quit playing all together. Not trying to be mean here, but you don't seem to exercise good judgement on your choice of games.
maybe you're right. i DON'T WANT TO sacrfice anything to the devil or any idol though, which is why i said these thoughts are intrusive. i would never purposefully so such a thing.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes!

maybe you're right. i DON'T WANT TO sacrfice anything to the devil or any idol though, which is why i said these thoughts are intrusive. i would never purposefully so such a thing.
Sometimes intrusive thoughts come from thinking on your own too much. That is why I say go do something else, go get a cheeseburger, help someone with something, go do something "normal" outside of yourself.

They start to form and "misfire" out of inactivity, isolation, or ruminating too much.

If you've ever in your life watched a horror movie alone at night and immediately had to watch QVC or something funny with all of the lights on to feel "normal" again, you know what I am talking about.

You don't want to stay there. Do something else.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Btw @Jabre reading your description of the game, yes, it is a sin.

I'll just point blank answer.

Check out Little Light Studios stuff on gaming if you need some clarification, but I think this one is most fitting and a more direct answer for your question.

Jabre

Dec 22, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Btw @Jabre reading your description of the game, yes, it is a sin.

I'll just point blank answer.

Check out Little Light Studios stuff on gaming if you need some clarification, but I think this one is most fitting and a more direct answer for your question.

Little Light Studios is a cult. don't listen to them. they make some good points sometimes, i'll give them that, but they think anything that's not completely Christian is 100% satanic pretty much. at least that's what im getting from what ive seen from them.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Little Light Studios is a cult. don't listen to them. they make some good points sometimes, i'll give them that, but they think anything that's not completely Christian is 100% satanic pretty much. at least that's what im getting from what ive seen from them.

Oh?

I think it would be valuable for yourself to pray for discernment. Knowing the value of goodness and discernment is not evil. That is wisdom.

Filling your mind with images of murder and evil is darkness.

Look at what you are calling good and what you call evil.

"Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!"

Decide for yourself what is right. Is what you are experiencing fulfilling? Or healthier? Is it holy?

Reactions: Pearl and Lambano

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
C'mon man!

Reactions: DuckieLady