Is it a sin to use contraception?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Okay, thanks.
May I suggest you read:
John Chap 6
1 John 3:6
1 John 3:9

Glory to God,
Taken

Look i could get a bunch of verses that tells us we are sinful in nature and that Satan's temptations are real.
Even Jesus was not immune to these evil temptations. But i hate playing scripture tennis, it goes no where.
U believe what u believe and ul just have to accept that most of us believe otherwise

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, thanks.
May I suggest you read:
John Chap 6
1 John 3:6
1 John 3:9

Glory to God,
Taken
Hi Taken,

Sooooo are you free from sin?

Curious Mary

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well it appears the answer does fit on a bumper sticker... NO

But all jokes aside i appreciate that explanation.
My intuition told me (or perhaps the Holy Spirit did) that IVF was frowned upon by the Church and I wanted to see what other people thought
Where is that info in the Catechism? I went through a few letters of the index trying to find something but was unsuccessful
CCC2377

Reactions: Cristo Rei

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many of the Lord Gods gifts and blessings Are facinating.

Glory to God,
Taken
Soooo I am trying to figure out if you are being serious or we are just miss-communicating.

To me it seems that you are you suggesting that you are without sin. Is that what you are saying?

But you could possibly be referring to Romans 6:18?

Curious Mary

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Soooo I am trying to figure out if you are being serious or we are just miss-communicating.

To me it seems that you are you suggesting that you are without sin. Is that what you are saying?

But you could possibly be referring to Romans 6:18?

Curious Mary

Without SIN...ONLY Applies to The Lord God.

Every Human is Naturally Born IN Sin...Commits Sin.

Free FROM Sin...
1) Is a person WHOSE Sin is Forgiven.
2) His Physical Body is Accounted Dead.
... and ALIVE, Washed, Sanctified, Covered with Gods Light, PREPARED, to be Raised, in Glory.
3) He Spiritually Exists (IN Christ), meaning IN Christ Jesus' Living Raised Body.
4) He has Gods Spirit (Power) within Him, that he can SIN..."no more."

Free From Sin does NOT mean SINLESS or WITHOUT Sin...
* It means his Sin IS by God, Forgiven (and by God, Remembered "no more".
* It means that person is Free from the consequences of unforgiven Sin.
* It means he can NEVER "AGAIN" commit Sin AGAINST God.

Glory to God,
Taken

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are talking about the use of contraception within a marriage

I would first like to hear from others before putting my opinion forward
Is it a sin to use contraception? Why/why not?
Feel free to use the bible, reasoning, a churches position or anything else

Well abortion certainly is. So taking a pill and getting my tubes tied is a lot better of an alternative (Id never abort, but still.). Because I know quite a few on contraception who have still had kids. My sister is one of them. And tubes have come undone before. An abortion cannot be undone.

brionne

May 31, 2010
Australia
the way i see it as a female and mother of 4, if you cant afford to feed and care for children you have a responsibility NOT to have them. So you do have a responsibility to take precautions to keep from falling pregnant. You have the right to choose how to prevent pregnancy... God himself gives you that responsibility by imbuing you with free-will.

But you will be held accountable in how you use your free-will. If the form of contraception you choose is 'abortive' then you will be held accountable for that life. So always read the packaging and talk to your doctor about the mechanism for how the particular choice of contraception works. If it is abortive then God will not be pleased.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Well abortion certainly is. So taking a pill and getting my tubes tied is a lot better of an alternative (Id never abort, but still.). Because I know quite a few on contraception who have still had kids. My sister is one of them. And tubes have come undone before. An abortion cannot be undone.
There needs to be care taken about the dividing line between when you hear helpful, friendly advice and when you receive interference and intrusion with these sorts of issues.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Look i could get a bunch of verses that tells us we are sinful in nature and that Satan's temptations are real.
Even Jesus was not immune to these evil temptations. But i hate playing scripture tennis, it goes no where.
U believe what u believe and ul just have to accept that most of us believe otherwise
The Lord Jesus is completely sinless; there is plenty of Scripture for that. (John 14.30).