Is it a Sin?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jburic09032

May 1, 2008
Greenville, South Carolina
Is masturbation a sin?
If your going to reply with
"Well, no...but you should do it" or "Only if you think bad thoughts"
Thats not what I need, i need to know its a SIN, so i can repent.

1 John 1:8-10

If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.[sup] [/sup]If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us.

If you cannot say its a sin, please dont reply.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
Um....why post a conversation that can't be a conversation?? If you have asked everyone to tell you it's a sin, then you must already know it's a sin. Very strange...

On the subject itself, I would say yeah...it's a sin. Considering the state of mind one would need to be in to practice it...what a person would be looking at, thinking; yeah, it would totally fall under sexual immorality.
I also think that it could be seen as okay in the context of a husband/wife scenario. I don't want to go into any details as this is an open site, but the bible does tell us that as long as we are not denigrating or pressuring our partner, but lovingly engaging with them, then almost anything goes. And when I say 'anything' that naturally doesn't include things that by their very nature cannot be loving...if you get my drift.

DoUPray2

Aug 4, 2012
East TN
Is masturbation a sin?
If your going to reply with
"Well, no...but you should do it" or "Only if you think bad thoughts"
Thats not what I need, i need to know its a SIN, so i can repent.

1 John 1:8-10

If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us.

If you cannot say it’s a sin, please don’t reply.

Brother,

This goes so much deeper than the mere act of masturbation. So it is quite possible there are many things that you have to repent for... start jotting them down when the Lord reveals them to you! One is 2 Cor 10.5.

Brother, if you know to do good and don’t do it, to YOU it is a sin! So, I beseech you to just repent. You’ll probably do it again, so repent again then too! What? Did I actually type that?! LOL Yes, I did. But read this.... Our sexuality has not taken God by surprise! He I created us as sexual beings, because personally I think He knows how lazy human beings are and if He didn’t, no one would be pro-creating! Again, that’s just my opinion!

Back to the topic at hand: sin! I can see that you won’t be satisfied until you maul your flesh into subjection daily!! But let’s not do that yet.... Let’s try another something else. This is where the Lord led me 18 years ago: Job 31; where his “comforters” accused him of looking upon his maid and that that is why he wasn't being healed, etc. She must have been pretty nice to look at because they were looking but Job was already one step ahead of them! He told them in verse 1: “I have made a covenant with my eyes...” (that I won’t look at the things I used to look at) ~ paraphrased by me.

That’s what the Lord revealed to me: Have you made a covenant with your eyes that you won’t look at the things you used to look at? And the Lord led me to read Rev 3.18 and anoint my eyes with vegetable oil!! I made a covenant with my eyes with tears and that vegetable oil and God met me there at the side of my bed on my knees totally broken before Him. Whenever your sin breaks you, get the oil and the tears and make a covenant with your eyes!

God bless you

jburic09032

May 1, 2008
I'm past it, I just need to know that its a sin so I can repent to God. Can't fully repent If I dont know its fully a sin. Rach, if I heard that stuff i mentioned, it would just make it worse. And no I am not married. Whats another way of saying sexual immorality?

martinlawrencescott

Servant Prince
Apr 6, 2011
Ventura, California
I honestly don't think it's strictly a sin, but I think it's a sin for me to do it, personally. That's what I get after I've prayed about it. I haven't conversed with enough people to know how they label it, and I can't find where this would fit scripturally in a black and white sense. If you feel bad, convicted and/or guilty after you do it, then don't do it, because you're offending your conscience, and that is a sin. If it is an addiction, then it falls into a similar category, but based less on your will. The fact that you're struggling with it, the concept of whether or not it's sinful, is a good sign; simply trying your best to do good. You might have trouble finding a strict "this is a sin based on this verse". If you believe it is sexually immoral for you to masturbate, then it would fall into the category of sexual immorality. I really don't know what God does in His spare "time", so I can't really say how masturbation is or isn't a reflection of His character. I would be surprised to find a Christian who does it regularly without it having an effect on his/her conscience, and would be interested how they have considered this theologically.

For all I know it could fall under the category of culture, national law, or even God's marriage ordinance. If God has preordained us to marry someone in the future, maybe that means we shouldn't in order to respect our future spouse. Maybe it would be a sin not to in certain some places I don't know of if it is a culturally accepted practice and thus the loving and legal thing to do... if it truly fits in some gray area in God's law which would mean it falls under conviction and relational laws of right and wrong in scripture.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
Rach, if I heard that stuff i mentioned, it would just make it worse. And no I am not married. Whats another way of saying sexual immorality?

I'm not quite sure I follow you here...sorry.

I'm past it, I just need to know that its a sin so I can repent to God. Can't fully repent If I dont know its fully a sin.

Something for you to consider: even if something is allowed to us under the freedom of Christ, doesn't mean its good for us. As in Corinthians, Paul tells us that each person has their weaknesses, he uses the example of food...for some it was fine to eat what they wanted, for others not...because while it was not a sin to eat freely, some people would bend and sin through that freedom. So I would say that if you felt guilt doing it, its a very good chance that God is speaking to you about it, and really, that should be enough for you. I don't think you 'have to classify' it to repent of it, if the Holy Spirit is leading you in a direction that makes you feel like you need to repent, then repent, and rejoice that God is moving in your life and giving you direction to come closer to him!

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
I'm past it, I just need to know that its a sin so I can repent to God. Can't fully repent If I dont know its fully a sin. Rach, if I heard that stuff i mentioned, it would just make it worse. And no I am not married. Whats another way of saying sexual immorality?

Here's your verse Matthew 5:27-28
To be a perfect man is being able to keep your whole body in check and take every thought captive
This is only accomplish by the power of the HS. Just so you know.

No pun intended but don't beat yourself up, it's all about walking in the Spirit feed the HS everything else just begins to fall in place.

And here's something else, the Lord does set you down but after a whiiiiiile your walking across the room,
Also don't limit yourself to only tackling one thing, There's a lot to learn, understanding grace and the value of obedience is the real lesson. As well as how really helpless you are or how powerful you can be in Him

jburic09032

May 1, 2008
I don't think you 'have to classify' it to repent of it

So...God im sorry I did that, i know i shouldn't have but I dont think its a sin so im not going to say its a sin im just going to say that its wrong, and please forgive my....wrong actions. Oh and my sins too. But not this one because its not one. Oh and please help me not to do i again even though with it not being a sin, it will tempt me 3 times as much.

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
There is already a discussion about this topic.

http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/16886-is-masturbation-wrong/page__hl__masturbation

Let's not start another thread about it. Please continue your discussion in the thread above.

Status
Not open for further replies.