Is it better to die, than to kill?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

domenic

Apr 5, 2013
I understand most of the members of this forum are in a religion. I also understand most believe their religion is built around God. True most are honest believers, and follow their religion as being from God. If God had a religion, would it do anything God said not to do? If there was no religions…would you still be a servant of God? If you were the last person on earth who believed in God, would you be able to maintain you loyalty to God?
All believe they are in the only true religion, and the rest are false. If that is true, than there are many false religions. Some even believe that all religions are from God. If that is true, than God would have to have a different standard for all people, which would mean, it doesn’t matter what people do. Is that not how the world thinks?
One of Gods command is: “Do not kill.” If a religions believes it is okay to kill for your country, would that not be against Gods rule, “Do not kill?” No scripture says, “Do not kill, unless.”
Where do you stand in relation to any of Gods Laws? Do you follow your religion, or Gods Laws?
True, God has commanded some of his people to kill. The scriptures prove, no servant not commanded by God to kill, would do so. Do you believe it is better to die, than to kill?

Reactions: clark thompson

Polt

Feb 5, 2013
Demonic, quit it! quite calling Christianity false. And, quit the ridiculous notion that your religious beliefs and practices are not a religion. It comes off as intellectually deficient, not spiritually enlightened.

God's law is not to kill. But, God ordered the people of Israel to kill lawbreakers. But, God ordered the people of Israel to kill the people of other nations. But, Jesus had his disciples carry lethal weapons. But, a man who isn't a wacko sees the righteousness in just killing.

In the context of all the Old Testament teaches about killing, God's law to not kill obviously means unjustified killing. In the law of Moses, the penalty of death is required only for premeditated murder and killing through gross negligence.

Are you going to believe what the Bible really says. Or, you are you going to stick to your self-righteous religion?

(Conversely, people like McCain, and the neocon brigade, are murderers in their hearts. False reasons for killing does not make for justified killing.)

domenic

Apr 5, 2013
Polt said:
Demonic, quit it! quite calling Christianity false. And, quit the ridiculous notion that your religious beliefs and practices are not a religion. It comes off as intellectually deficient, not spiritually enlightened.

God's law is not to kill. But, God ordered the people of Israel to kill lawbreakers. But, God ordered the people of Israel to kill the people of other nations. But, Jesus had his disciples carry lethal weapons. But, a man who isn't a wacko sees the righteousness in just killing.

In the context of all the Old Testament teaches about killing, God's law to not kill obviously means unjustified killing. In the law of Moses, the penalty of death is required only for premeditated murder and killing through gross negligence.

Are you going to believe what the Bible really says. Or, you are you going to stick to your self-righteous religion?

(Conversely, people like McCain, and the neocon brigade, are murderers in their hearts. False reasons for killing does not make for justified killing.)
Christianity is not a religion. it is following Jesus. I am not in a religion, I am a follower of Jesus. And yes I do believe the Bible...that is why I am not in a religion, or the Mickey Mouse Club. You don't understand...it is you who are wrong.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not speak a language, i speak ENGLISH

7angels

Aug 13, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
in a way dominic is right about christianity not being a religion. christianity is supposed to be a family. until we come to the realization of this the church will remain basically powerless.

if you look at the Word you will see that the object of Christ's dead was not mainly for our salvation but in order to restore us back into relationship with God. we can see the truth of it from looking at how things were from the beginning of the world and then comparing it to what things are like now that Jesus died for our sins. Jesus brought us back into right standing with God by giving us salvation but ultimately the death of Christ was to bring back to God so we could have relationship with God. if you would like i can quote scripture which supports my views.

thus you ask if killing is wrong. this is a difficult question to answer because killing in and of itself is not wrong because in genesis God killed animals to cloth adam and eve after they sinned in the garden of eden to hide their nakedness. some people claim that killing animals and killing people are different. if that is the case then please explain how they are different? realistically they are basically the same thing. it all comes down to why are they killing? as Jesus pointed out we are now held to a stricter code of righteousness then those that came before the new covenant was established. now not only are we responsible for our actions and behavior but also we are held responsible for our intentions of our hearts. which is why the Word tells us to study and meditate day and night on the Word of God to show ourselves approved. we are to renew our minds daily to help keep us from temptation. some claim that any type of killing or violence is wrong. i have found that within the Word we are able to put more limitations upon ourselves then is required by the Word of God as long as we do not change any of the existing laws God has in place for us. paul shows us this time and time again. for paul was a man who would do anything necessary(as long as it is not against God's Word) to bring a person to the Lord. do i agree with paul's beliefs is a different story. i believe unless God instructs us to act Godly then what we do around others will not matter because it is not us doing anything but God himself who draws people to himself, convicts them of their sins, and cleanses them and saved them. we are just a tool for God's handy work.

thus each of us is responsible for our actions and behaviors and we will be judged accordingly. so whether you believe killing is right or wrong is up to each of us to decide ourselves. God will not make us do something we believe to be wrong. which is one reason why christians are so powerless in the supernatural things of God because most christians don't believe and God will not override our free will to prove us wrong. which is why we need to seek God for truth, wisdom, understanding, and ect in order to know God's will and walk in the authority God has given us.

God bless

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
religion is mans way of getting to god. In Chrisitianity God sent his Son to us. Chrsitianity is not a religion it is a relationship.

domenic

Apr 5, 2013
Jesus teaching on not killing other humans is Gods law. All things created by God are his property. Our families, mate, and offspring’s, are not our property, they are Gods.
If someone was about to kill us, and, or a family member, do we have the right to kill them first?
In Gods view, here are the facts on life protection;
All people die. Some at a very young age, some at a very old age. Human life is short. Compared to eternity in today’s time, our life span is nothing but a speck, a dot almost unseen in time. God promises us a resurrection to eternal life…if we obey him. Do we trust that promise? If we do, than we have no reason to fear death.
God says vengeance is his. Why? Because if a person kills another, they are killing God property. Our own life is not our property, it is Gods. Do we trust he will bring us back to life as he promises? Or do we not trust his word?
It also answers the question we hear from those who do not know God, “Why does God allow innocent people to die?” Because their full life is only a speck of time, and he will bring them back to a life of eternity. As followers of his son Jesus, do we trust God, or will we kill because our faith is not there?

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
God had his people kill the enemies in the Old Testament.
Gods enemies are going to Hell anyway

Get over it dominic ... you are wasting your time on stuff that is a waste of your time.

domenic

Apr 5, 2013
Arnie Manitoba said:
God had his people kill the enemies in the Old Testament.
Gods enemies are going to Hell anyway

Get over it dominic ... you are wasting your time on stuff that is a waste of your time.
We are not living in the old testament. We are under Gods Laws that Jesus gave us. In the old testament it was God killing. The Hebrews could not have won without God. We are commanded not to kill...are you saying knowing this is a waste of time? What other commands of God do you believe are a waste of time?

Polt

Feb 5, 2013
clark thompson said:
religion is mans way of getting to god. In Chrisitianity God sent his Son to us. Chrsitianity is not a religion it is a relationship.
That bit of gibberish is what is giving birth to the Christianity-hating cult of professed Christians.

Religion - Christianity - is man following God's instructions and embracing God in our practices. Those who dismiss "religion" are refusing to follow God's instructions. Actually "you people" are hypocrites because you still do follow religion, but just when it's suitable to you. Like Aspen points out, you speak English while insisting on not having a language. But, true enough, some the time "you people" aren't speaking English, but are just uttering gibberish.

domenic

Apr 5, 2013
Polt said:
That bit of gibberish is what is giving birth to the Christianity-hating cult of professed Christians.

Religion - Christianity - is man following God's instructions and embracing God in our practices. Those who dismiss "religion" are refusing to follow God's instructions. Actually "you people" are hypocrites because you still do follow religion, but just when it's suitable to you. Like Aspen points out, you speak English while insisting on not having a language. But, true enough, some the time "you people" aren't speaking English, but are just uttering gibberish.
In other words, you are saying only those who are a member of a religion will be given life? I wonder why Jesus never told us that? That is a life and death point if it's true. Since I am not a member of any religion, I'm a dead duck. But that's okay. You see I'm not serving God for any reward. My heart will let me do no other...if he wants me dead, I trust his judgment as always correct.

Polt

Feb 5, 2013
domenic said:
In other words, you are saying only those who are a member of a religion will be given life? I wonder why Jesus never told us that? That is a life and death point if it's true. Since I am not a member of any religion, I'm a dead duck. But that's okay. You see I'm not serving God for any reward. My heart will let me do no other...if he wants me dead, I trust his judgment as always correct.
I wonder why Jesus never told us what language he was speaking, so he must not have been speaking a language? Your reasoning is a dumb joke. Regardless, what's the point in denying that the Christian religion is a religion?

domenic

Apr 5, 2013
Polt said:
I wonder why Jesus never told us what language he was speaking, so he must not have been speaking a language? Your reasoning is a dumb joke. Regardless, what's the point in denying that the Christian religion is a religion?
There are many types of religions. I'm saying all religions are false. Being a Christian means to follow in Jesus foot steps. If a person is a member of a religion that is false, they are not following in Jesus foot steps. Why do you call my reasoning a dumb joke? Are you suggesting I am stupid?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More likely Domenic, rather than being stupid, you are simply uneducated in the use of logic.

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
There are many types of religions. I'm saying all religions are false. Being a Christian means to follow in Jesus foot steps. If a person is a member of a religion that is false, they are not following in Jesus foot steps. Why do you call my reasoning a dumb joke? Are you suggesting I am stupid?
Your problem is that you are looking for perfection,in man and denominations,And guess what,your not going to find it.As far as i know only Jesus and job could be called perfect.So you cant expect to find a perfect church because churches are run by humans.Even the early Christians,many of whom was filled with the Holy Spirit had their problems.The split between Paul and Barnabbas is a good example.

If you feel that you are to righteous to join a church,Then God bless you,because not to many Christians have reached that level of spiritual understanding.Its not until Christ returns,that you find a perfect church.

Polt

Feb 5, 2013
Pelaides said:
Your problem is that you are looking for perfection,in man and denominations,And guess what,your not going to find it.As far as i know only Jesus and job could be called perfect.So you cant expect to find a perfect church because churches are run by humans.Even the early Christians,many of whom was filled with the Holy Spirit had their problems.The split between Paul and Barnabbas is a good example.
Paul and Barnabas split over a purely secular matter. Paul wasn't as willing to take risks with people as Barnabas was. Each of them were right, for their own reasons.

Domenic isn't concerned that none of us have a perfect expression of religion (i.e. none of us are perfect), or that there's no perfect church. He's latched on to the anti-Christian doctrine that Christianity isn't a religion. Of course, Christianity is a religion. What the proponents of this nonsensical lie mean is that we don't have to follow Jesus to be Christians. "Eat, drink and be merry (and fornicate and sodomize), and still be saved."

Jesus is recorded more than a dozen times telling people to "Follow me." Religion is man's attempt to follow Him. But, to those who don't want to follow Jesus, as one person derisively put it, "religion is mans way of getting to god" (sic).

domenic

Apr 5, 2013
Polt said:
Paul and Barnabas split over a purely secular matter. Paul wasn't as willing to take risks with people as Barnabas was. Each of them were right, for their own reasons.

Domenic isn't concerned that none of us have a perfect expression of religion (i.e. none of us are perfect), or that there's no perfect church. He's latched on to the anti-Christian doctrine that Christianity isn't a religion. Of course, Christianity is a religion. What the proponents of this nonsensical lie mean is that we don't have to follow Jesus to be Christians. "Eat, drink and be merry (and fornicate and sodomize), and still be saved."

Jesus is recorded more than a dozen times telling people to "Follow me." Religion is man's attempt to follow Him. But, to those who don't want to follow Jesus, as one person derisively put it, "religion is mans way of getting to god" (sic).
Follow any religion you want. Call it anything you want. Believe whatever you want. Shout "Holy, Holy," 24/7. Do you remember the warning about the bird catcher?

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012

He has a problem with organized religion,But if he cant find peace among his Christian brothers here on earth,what is going to do if he goes to heaven?