Is it OK to blaspheme the Trinity?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It's got nothing to do with whether they are Jehovah's witnesses or not. We aren't judged by what we believe. We aren't judged by the doctrines we subscribe to. We are judged by our works. And I could cite numerous passages of scripture which inform us clearly as to what works are acceptable and what aren't. The description of the last judgement in Matthew 21:31 on, is but one such example.
That isn't too say that doctrine and belief aren't important. But never underestimate the love and power of God in converting anyone... Even Jehovah witnesses, Mormons, wow, Even me and you.

are you saved by your works?

Reactions: MatthewG

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Lol. What does scripture say?
Answer. We are saved by grace through faith.
What does scripture say?
Answer. We are judged by our works.

Why do you ask if we are saved by our works?

your own language in # 140 shows a works salvation, as you think that a persons theology has nothing to do with their salvation. This is pure heresy! Jesus says in John 8:24, if people do not believe that "I am God", they will die in their sins!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
your own language in # 140 shows a works salvation, as you think that a persons theology has nothing to do with their salvation. This is pure heresy! Jesus says in John 8:24, if people do not believe that "I am God", they will die in their sins!
Nonsense. Being judged by our works is not the same as attempting to be saved by them. We all know we can't be saved, that is justified, by works. We can't be saved or justified by obedience to the law. Everyone knows that... The scriptures declare it loudly and clearly, and the protestant reformation confirmed this in the face of great opposition. It still does... Or at least should. What I said was
That isn't too say that doctrine and belief aren't important.
Correct doctrine and sound theology is essential... Because if they are correct and your faith is founded upon truth, then the fruit of that is a solid relationship with your Creator who can work in you the willingness and power to obey and do those so called good works, which in a word is simply loving your neighbor. Your works are then the evidence of correct theology... And it's those works therefore that are used as evidence of your faith. The just shall live by faith... Faith produces works... And you are judged by them.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
then WHAT are you complaining about???
Your completely intolerant attitude toward others who don't share your opinion on what constitutes the nature of the Godhead, remembering that your opinion, based on the creeds, is only an assumption and not found in scripture. It even contradicts the atonement as I explained previously.

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Your completely intolerant attitude toward others who don't share your opinion on what constitutes the nature of the Godhead, remembering that your opinion, based on the creeds, is only an assumption and not found in scripture. It even contradicts the atonement as I explained previously.

Shows how much you know. My theology is based on the Infallible Word of God

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Shows how much you know. My theology is based on the Infallible Word of God
I don't doubt for a moment that's what you believe. But so does everyone else on this forum, including me. And I doubt very much if there's more than two people who agree completely on any set of five principle doctrines. And I would suggest that none of us could sit down and write a thesis on doctrine without error. So we need to be tolerant and patient with one another... Learn from one another... Be kind and gracious toward one another. After all, the fact we are all still alive at all is grace yes? So like I said, your avatar speaks of grace... It's time you demonstrate it as well

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I don't doubt for a moment that's what you believe. But so does everyone else on this forum, including me. And I doubt very much if there's more than two people who agree completely on any set of five principle doctrines. And I would suggest that none of us could sit down and write a thesis on doctrine without error. So we need to be tolerant and patient with one another... Learn from one another... Be kind and gracious toward one another. After all, the fact we are all still alive at all is grace yes? So like I said, your avatar speaks of grace... It's time you demonstrate it as well

What are you on about? To tell people that they cannot be saved and go to heaven if they don't accept the Bible's Teaching that God is A Trinity of Persons, is being unkind? This is the TRUTH whether you or anyone else believes it or not matters ZERO.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isn't that what happens when we eat ice cream too fast? Mine never freezes up that way, but it does get numb or sore after sitting for too long. That did not happen when I was young. Do you suppose my thought center has changed locations over the years?

Brain freezes are the worst.

Reactions: amadeus

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I've heard that this is a connection between brain freeze and migraines...if this is so, it applies to me.
But after 63 years, I still do it to myself...I guess I was just born this way! Lol

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are you on about? To tell people that they cannot be saved and go to heaven if they don't accept the Bible's Teaching that God is A Trinity of Persons, is being unkind? This is the TRUTH whether you or anyone else believes it or not matters ZERO.
That is not the truth. Show me one scripture that says that.

I can show you a dozen saying belief in Gods son is the criteria.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The context of that verse is Jesus said He’s the Son of man, which is what He most often called Himelf.

He did not say He is God in that passage as the verses you did not show in John 8 makes clear..

To whit:

Joh 8:25 Then said they unto him, Who art thou? And Jesus saith unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning.

Joh 8:26 I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him.

Joh 8:27 They understood not that he spake to them of the Father.

Joh 8:28 Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.