Is it possible not to sin anymore?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hello again Tony....see my post above.

Let proposition P1 = I (codenamed Ritajanice) have not lied once for years as of 2024.1.5.
Proposition P2 = P1 is not true.

Between 0 and 10, how much weight do you put on each of the above propositions? The stronger your belief in a proposition, the higher the weight.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Let proposition P1 = I (codenamed Ritajanice) have not lied once for years as of 2024.1.5.

Between 0 and 10, how much weight do you put on each of the above propositions? The stronger your belief in a proposition, the higher the weight.
Listen Tony.

I am Born Again of imperishable seed...a Born Again cannot continue to sin they have been Born Again of Gods seed...I go by Gods Living word.

We’re in the Spirit Tony, were not in the flesh...I hope you understand.

No more from me to you Tony....therefore agree to disagree my friend...have a nice day.

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Listen Tony.

I am Born Again of imperishable seed...a Born Again cannot continue to sin they have been Born Again of Gods seed...I go by Gods Living word.
Agree.

We’re in the Spirit Tony, were not in the flesh...I hope you understand.
Right.

Are you willing to wager based on your weighting scheme?

This is not a lotto/gambling bet. This is a wager to mathematically and scientifically measure the strength of your belief. Put money where your mouth is. If you are interested in mathematically finding out the strength of your belief, then tell me those two weights. See Subjective (Bayesian) Probability.

You can say you are 100% sure the earth is flat. Words are cheap unless you are willing to wager on it.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Agree.

Right.

This is not a lotto/gambling bet. This is a wager to mathematically and scientifically measure the strength of your belief. Put money where your mouth is. If you are interested in mathematically finding out the strength of your belief, then tell me those two weights. See Subjective (Bayesian) Probability.

You can say you are 100% sure the earth is flat. Words are cheap unless you are willing to wager on it.
Tony..I’m not interested in this stuff you post.no offence my friend.

I’m only here to talk God,God,God,God and Glorify His Name....

Im 100% positive...I’m Born Again of imperishable seed...what more can I say.

All Glory to God , for saving a “ WRETCH” like me.

• Love
Reactions: 1stCenturyLady

Truthnightmare

Dec 11, 2019
Athens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Your understanding of “born again” is based on common misconceptions. Furthermore, the idea of not sinning is a self righteous lie!

The scripture you posted doesn’t even say what you’re implying it does, have you ever attempted to study Greek?

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Truthnightmare

Dec 11, 2019
Athens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Im 100% positive...I’m Born Again of imperishable seed...what more can I say.

All Glory to God , for saving a “ WRETCH” like me.
Why have you not spoken about this word “ποιέω”? Because this simple word destroys your whole argument.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Your understanding of “born again” is based on common misconceptions. Furthermore, the idea of not sinning is a self righteous lie!

The scripture you posted doesn’t even say what you’re implying it does, have you ever attempted to study Greek?
My understanding of Born Again is based on the truth of Gods word.

I ask again...what does it mean to be Born Again of imperishable seed?

Did Gods seed enter into the womb of Mary?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Why have you not spoken about this word “ποιέω”? Because this simple word destroys your whole argument.
I am Born Again of imperishable seed...that is the “ Living/ seed word of God”

A Born Again can not continue to sin because they have been “ Born Again “ of Gods seed?

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
A Born Again cannot go on sinning as they have been Born Again of Gods seed.

Right.
Bible translators often mistranslate the Greek word gennao as 'born' when it should be 'begotten'. The single Greek word is used for both begotten and born, so the context should determine which way to translate it.

1 John 3:9 should be (ASV):
(9) Whosoever is begotten of God doeth no sin, because his seed abideth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is begotten of God.​

We are begotten by God by the implanting of a seed from God. If the seed remains in us then we have not yet been born, for the seed doesn't remain a seed, it gradually changes into a new creature and is not fully changed until it is born. We are not born as a new creature until our resurrection; until then the seed remains in us as a growing embryo, abiding in our human bodies.

The seed is the word of God. 1 Peter 1:22-23 (ASV):

(22) Seeing ye have purified your souls in your obedience to the truth unto unfeigned love of the brethren, love one another from the heart fervently:​
(23) having been begotten again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, through the word of God, which liveth and abideth {forever}.​

i.e. we've not been begotten again with human seed, which leads to a corruptible body which will decay and die, but we have been begotten by an incorruptible seed, the true word of God, that will result in the birth of an incorruptible person.

James 1:18 (KJV):
(18) Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.​

(The KJV translated gennao correctly as 'begat' in this verse! :woohoo!: )

Having been begotten by the word of truth, Peter says we should purify our souls, obey God's word and truly love our brothers in Christ. It's not an instantaneous change, but an ongoing process - some changing at a faster pace than others.

1 Thessalonians 5 (WEB):
(14) We exhort you, brothers, admonish the disorderly, encourage the faint-hearted, support the weak, be patient toward all.​
(15) See that no one returns evil for evil to anyone, but always follow after that which is good, for one another, and for all.​
(23) May the God of peace himself sanctify you completely. May your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.​
(24) He who calls you is faithful, who will also do it.​

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agree.

Right.

Tony!

@Ritajanice is right.

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I’m not interested in this stuff
You are not interested in scientifically finding out how much your own words are worth to you?

This is the 3rd and the last time I ask.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Bible translators often mistranslate the Greek word gennao as 'born' when it should be 'begotten'. The single Greek word is used for both begotten and born, so the context should determine which way to translate it.

1 John 3:9 should be (ASV):
(9) Whosoever is begotten of God doeth no sin, because his seed abideth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is begotten of God.​

We are begotten by God by the implanting of a seed from God. If the seed remains in us then we have not yet been born, for the seed doesn't remain a seed, it gradually changes into a new creature and is not fully changed until it is born. We are not born as a new creature until our resurrection; until then the seed remains in us as a growing embryo, abiding in our human bodies.

The seed is the word of God. 1 Peter 1:22-23 (ASV):

(22) Seeing ye have purified your souls in your obedience to the truth unto unfeigned love of the brethren, love one another from the heart fervently:​
(23) having been begotten again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, through the word of God, which liveth and abideth {forever}.​

i.e. we've not been begotten again with human seed, which leads to a corruptible body which will decay and die, but we have been begotten by an incorruptible seed, the true word of God, that will result in the birth of an incorruptible person.

James 1:18 (KJV):
(18) Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.​

(The KJV translated gennao correctly as 'begat' in this verse! :woohoo!: )

Having been begotten by the word of truth, Peter says we should purify our souls, obey God's word and truly love our brothers in Christ. It's not an instantaneous change, but an ongoing process - some changing at a faster pace than others.

1 Thessalonians 5 (WEB):
(14) We exhort you, brothers, admonish the disorderly, encourage the faint-hearted, support the weak, be patient toward all.​
(15) See that no one returns evil for evil to anyone, but always follow after that which is good, for one another, and for all.​
(23) May the God of peace himself sanctify you completely. May your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.​
(24) He who calls you is faithful, who will also do it.​
My purpose is to Glorify God and NO other...that is my calling..I believe.

Gods word is Alive and Active my friend...you don’t need to read a Bible to be Born Again of Gods seed...I was Born Again like the wind.

As soon as I was Born Again, when God testifies with our spirit that we are his children....I then went straight out and bought a Bible...and there I was Born Again of imperishable seed.

Do you understand what Born Again of imperishable seed means?

The Bible is my spiritual food, I need it to grow and mature in Christ....his word is wonderful to read..but, all Glory goes to the Holy Spirit for without he....I would still be in darkness and sin...

He teaches me Gods truth...there is NONE like him my friend.

KJ21
being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the Word of God which liveth and abideth for ever;
ASV
having been begotten again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, through the word of God, which liveth and abideth.
AMP
for you have been born again [that is, reborn from above—spiritually transformed, renewed, and set apart for His purpose] not of seed which is perishable but [from that which is] imperishable and immortal, that is, through the living and everlasting word of God.
AMPC
You have been regenerated (born again), not from a mortal origin (seed, sperm), but from one that is immortal by the ever living and lasting Word of God.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You are not interested in scientifically finding out how much your own words are worth to you?

This is the 3rd and the last time I ask.
Thank you Tony...I’m glad it’s the last time you ask...have a lovely day friend.

Truthnightmare

Dec 11, 2019
Athens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am Born Again of imperishable seed...that is the “ Living/ seed word of God”

A Born Again can not continue to sin because they have been “ Born Again “ of Gods seed?
That’s not what the scripture says… Why dont you try actually reading.

1 John 3:9
πᾶς ὁ γεγεννημένος ἐκ τοῦ Θεοῦ ἁμαρτίαν οὐ ποιεῖ, ὅτι σπέρμα αὐτοῦ ἐν αὐτῷ μένει· καὶ οὐ δύναται ἁμαρτάνειν, ὅτι ἐκ τοῦ Θεοῦ γεγέννηται.

You’re not even smart enough to know when you’re sinning!

Isaiah 55:8
James Bible
For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD

Ignorance is bliss! And your corruption of the word of God is appalling. You are a prime example of someone who has not studied the word, and take one scripture and make a doctrine out of it.

Simply put you do not know what you’re talking about, and that is why you will not address this word ποιεῖ

Reactions: L.A.M.B.