Is it true that we are saved through faith in Jesus alone?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i gotta ask here which one is it, is life cruel and you are in want, or not? Or could you rephrase this, bc maybe i am misunderstanding

I doubt any one is content in this life which is why we are to exhort one another to lean on Him to be content as He will strengthen us to be content.

Philippians 4:11 Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. 12 I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. 13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

So we will find ourselves suffering from time to time, but He is able to strengthen us to let go and be content.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I doubt any one is content in this life
guess maybe that's why we are described as two; two men in a field, one is taken, the other left

The bed is too short to stretch out on, the blanket too narrow to wrap around you.

my cup runneth over
pressed down, shaken together, running over

So we will find ourselves suffering from time to time
you reap what you sow i guess

Last edited:

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah, Ezekiel 13, imo read several translations for the best grasp

You application of Ezekiel 13th chapter because you do not believe in the pre great trib rapture event does not show how Ezekiel really believe about that pre great trib rapture event.

When it happens, then you will know that you had misapplied Ezekiel 13th chapter.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
You application of Ezekiel 13th chapter because you do not believe in the pre great trib rapture event does not show how Ezekiel really believe about that pre great trib rapture event.
maybe not, but personally i found "pillows" and "soft landings" to be all the hint that was necessary. Not sure how you interpret Ezekiel 13, but fwiw i would start at v1, where imo your "great pre-trib rapture expectations" are addressed
When it happens, then you will know that you had misapplied Ezekiel 13th chapter.
fair enough i guess, as long as when it doesn't happen you accept the same conditions, right

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If we live well and as "hidden in Christ" ...true or false...we are "in" anyway. :)

Reactions: bbyrd009