Is Jesus a Man That God Selected?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Jesus a Man That God Selected?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think Jesus is God in flesh, not a man God selected.
Jesus being God doesn't change the fact that He was also selected. "Christ" = Anointed One, and anointed people have to be chosen.
That is a terrible translation whereby the verse that says Jesus was ordained, appointed, determined, to fulfill a specific ministry as part of His obedient submission to His Father, is twisted to suggest He was selected as one among many candidates..
And we can only apply ourselves to that one verse? What happened to the "whole counsel of God" in studying scripture?
It's not a terrible translation at all, because a bunch of messianic prophecies say the Messiah would be a human being that was selected by God:

“Behold! My Servant whom I have chosen, My Beloved in whom My soul is well pleased!
I will put My Spirit upon Him, and He will declare justice to the Gentiles.". -
Isa. 42:1

Peter confirms in the sermon he gave to the Jews at Pentecost:

This Jesus God has raised up, of which we are all witnesses." - Acts 2:32

If people can accept what the Bible says about Jesus being a human descendant of David and Abraham, then why are people fussing about Him being chosen by the Most High? Jesus being God does nothing to contradict the fact that He was chosen to do the Most High's redemptive work as a human being thousands of years before He was actually born, like Revelation clearly teaches. This shouldn't be an issue any more than King Josiah was chosen by God to reform the religion of Judah decades before he was actually born.

The point to note is that they are all ONE, yet each one is distinct from the other. Hence there are "THREE witnesses in Heaven".

For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. (1 John 5:7)
1 Jhn 5:7 doesn't say that in the inspired text. The inspired text says the Spirit, blood, and water are the witnesses:

"For there are three that bear witness: the Spirit, the water, and the blood; and these three agree as one."

Verse 6 clearly shows the context is about John elaborating on the things that testifies to Jesus as being the Messiah, not the nature of God. And since the inspired text doesn't say what you claim it says, the blasphemy being committed here is you using the scriptures to argue for the existence of a false god.
Adoptionism: The heart of the Good News. “The LORD said to me, ‘You are my son. Today I have become your Father.' It means a selection was made by the Father in choosing, appointing, selecting, ordaining, adopting who is children are. Hebrews specifically says this applies to Jesus.
The Bible does not teach adoptionism. Translated bibles tend to use the word "adoption" in Rom. 8 because the translators refused to believe what Paul said about Christians being begotten children of God. God is not in the business of adopting people, as Gen. 1:26 clearly shows. God's children has His DNA(the Holy Spirit) in the same way human children in the womb have their parents' DNA:

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead" - 1 Pet. 1:3.

"For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God." - Rom. 8:14

Paul talks about Christians being joint heirs with Christ in Rom. 8 because they are sons of the Most High just as Christ is, even though they haven't been glorified as immortal God Beings yet. Professing Christians generally find that too incredible to believe(even though Paul goes on to talk about how Christians will eventually restore other planets to their former beauty like the Word did in Gen. 1), so they turn to false gospels about triune gods and Christians being adopted.

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then there is the 2nd part of Acts 17:31. God, in his unitarian nature, raised Jesus from the dead.

Trinitarians refuse to answer the question from this verse of who raised Jesus from the dead. What does this text say?

of course God raised Him from the dead. He is God.
but you say He is a liar in John 2:19 when He says He will raise Himself up
and i know the truth

Reactions: GRACE ambassador