Is Jesus the only Way?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dunno G, whole lotta Believers seem to wanna be going with "I got born fully formed" i guess. i tell ya what. I still hold a hope of salvation myself. I dunno.
"And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?" I Peter 1:14

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Why is that funny? What's true is true. What's false is false.
yup, imo anyway,
It is important to understand that as a Westerner, your thought processes are vastly different from those who have been raised to reason from the Eastern dialectic, as the Jewish writers were:

"
...Dialectical reasoning is actually opposed to formal logic in many ways.

Western Logic Versus Eastern Dialecticism
Aristotle placed at the foundations of logical thought the following three propositions.
1. Identity: A = A. Whatever is, is. A is itself and not some other thing.
2. Noncontradiction: A and not A can't both be the case. Nothing can both be and not be. A proposition and its opposite can't both be true.
3. Excluded middle: Everything must either be or not be. A or not A can be true but not something in between.

Modern Westerners accept these propositions (but Easterners do not)...
...three principles underlie Eastern dialecticism. Notice I didn't say "propositions..." the term "proposition" has much too formal a ring for what is a generalized stance toward the world rather than a set of ironclad rules.

1. Principle of change:
Reality is a process of change.
What is currently true will shortly be false.
2. Principle of contradiction:
Contradiction is the dynamic underlying change.
Because change is constant, contradiction is constant.
3. Principle of relationships (or holism):
The whole is more than the sum of its parts.
Parts are meaningful only in relation to the whole...

These principles are intimately linked...
The principles also imply another important tenet of Eastern thought, which is the insistence on finding the "middle way" between extreme propositions...
...and Talmudic scholars developed it over the next two millennia and more.

"Mindware" Richard E. Nisbett, pp. 224-5
But the Euphrates is dry now, right; the kings, they are coming. Make way for the kings of the East i guess.

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, i would argue that we start with Nehushtan, myself. Must finish, you say? Hmm.
Before "Nehushtan" was mentioned it was to the carnal eye a brass statuette, but really for eyes able to see it was already the power of God as later to be seen in Jesus was manifested [even if they were unable to say His Name].
People were healed of their poisonous bites. But many years later under a righteous king who had eyes to see it was realized that only the outward appearance of Jesus [a brass statuette] was apparent and then it was called what it was: Nehushtan. The statue of brass was destroyed as it should be. Who is destroying the brass statues today? Do we see the Spirit of Hezekiah anywhere?
Help us dear Lord!

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
yup, imo anyway,
But the Euphrates is dry now, right; the kings, they are coming. Make way for the kings of the East i guess.

6 Because they poured out

the blood of the saints and the prophets,

you have given them blood to drink;

they deserve it!

7 I heard the altar say,

Yes, Lord God, the Almighty,

true and just are your judgments.

The Fourth Bowl
8 The fourth poured out his bowl on the sun. It was allowed to scorch people with fire, 9 and people were scorched by the intense heat. So they blasphemed the name of God, who has the power over these plagues, and they did not repent and give him glory.

The Fifth Bowl
10 The fifth poured out his bowl on the throne of the beast, and its kingdom was plunged into darkness. People gnawed their tongues because of their pain 11 and blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, but they did not repent of their works.

The Sixth Bowl
12 The sixth poured out his bowl on the great river Euphrates, and its water was dried up to prepare the way for the kings from the east. 13 Then I saw three unclean spirits like frogs coming from the dragon’s mouth, from the beast’s mouth, and from the mouth of the false prophet. 14 For they are demonic spirits performing signs, who travel to the kings of the whole world to assemble themfor the battle on the great day of God, the Almighty. 15 “Look, I am coming like a thief. Blessed is the one who is alert and remains clothed so that he may not go around naked and people see his shame.” 16 So they assembled the kings at the place called in Hebrew, Armageddon.

two sets of kings in there, anybody notice? And ps i'd be asking Lex how to Read this too

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I dunno G, whole lotta Believers seem to wanna be going with "I got born fully formed" i guess. i tell ya what. I still hold a hope of salvation myself. I dunno.

So true! Christ in us...the HOPE of glory in salvation.

The modern doctrine stresses the futility of seeking for more of God...seeing it's a done deal salvation!o_O And the enemy of our souls wants nothing more than to have us stop after one step in the race of faith.:eek:

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fwiw what is xlated as "Scripture" to us turns out to be Writings i guess when you go look, there at Paul's "all Writings...?" Weird but true. And i guess born out by the many importations of Stoic and other philosophies into our Bibles by Paul? But even the Decalogue was imported, i guess Hammurabi (king of Babylon, no less) is credited with half of It right.

Anyway, ty for your opinion here, it really is revealing, and i hope you stay ok
Sorry i called you a clown--if i did, not sure--of course i am too, i am reading myself not five years ago but five days ago now, and still a clown, lol, sigh
God was the Creator of everything and everyone... which includes all of the Gentiles/heathens as well as the children of Jacob. This is why we see all of these types and shadows not only in the written Bible [Scripture or Writings] but in other places such as the Code of Hammurabi. To sift through it all and come out with the Truth, takes more than any human brain...

The natural children of Jacob/Israel thought they were special and so it is among those naming themselves as "Christian" today. The special if there are any would be those who manifest God's love... such as Caleb and Joshua [only two out of 600,000 men without the women and children]. And the rest...?

Give God the glory!

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Before "Nehushtan" was mentioned it was to the carnal eye a brass statuette, but really for eyes able to see it was already the power of God as later to be seen in Jesus was manifested
Jesus yes; Christ, i don't think so
People were healed of their poisonous bites. But many years later under a righteous king who had eyes to see it was realized that only the outward appearance of Jesus [a brass statuette] was apparent and then it was called what it was: Nehushtan
Wadr i would at least contemplate replacing Jesus with Christ, and Nehushtan with Jesus, there. Else how might you ever get to No Son of Man may die for another's sins? Or even Be perfect, as I am perfect?

Iow if we are called to be perfect as He is, can we still follow Two Greeks? I don think so, lucy

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Before "Nehushtan" was mentioned it was to the carnal eye a brass statuette, but really for eyes able to see it was already the power of God as later to be seen in Jesus was manifested [even if they were unable to say His Name].
People were healed of their poisonous bites. But many years later under a righteous king who had eyes to see it was realized that only the outward appearance of Jesus [a brass statuette] was apparent and then it was called what it was: Nehushtan. The statue of brass was destroyed as it should be. Who is destroying the brass statues today? Do we see the Spirit of Hezekiah anywhere?
Help us dear Lord!
ah well, that is a big step i guess, into the air even. "Foundation" is...ha, such a sublime contrast! We're s'posed to get a foundation, and then meet Him in the air!
ha.
The Bible is truly a trip lol

Reactions: amadeus

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

The modern doctrine stresses the futility of seeking for more of God...seeing it's a done deal salvation!o_O And the enemy of our souls wants nothing more than to have us stop after one step in the race of faith.:eek:
I sure do hear a lotta Church101 from believers Professing to know something, i tell you what. The first step seems to be to turn that pesky ol' pistis into Belief, imo. Four other ways to express Belief, and i have had said to me ezackly none here, after many attempts

Reactions: Episkopos

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
God was the Creator of everything and everyone... which includes all of the Gentiles/heathens as well as the children of Jacob. This is why we see all of these types and shadows not only in the written Bible [Scripture or Writings] but in other places such as the Code of Hammurabi. To sift through it all and come out with the Truth, takes more than any human brain...

The natural children of Jacob/Israel thought they were special and so it is among those naming themselves as "Christian" today. The special if there are any would be those who manifest God's love... such as Caleb and Joshua [only two out of 600,000 men without the women and children]. And the rest...?

Give God the glory!
Well, i guess we better remember that those who do not allow Jacob to pass through are deemed Esau, huh.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

I so agree.
I have enjoyed singing the great old hymns and waving my arms about being saved and now enjoying a life with God. ( and once in a while I still do a jig. :) )

Yet only as we mature do we find that whatever we thought that we knew about God would not fill a thimble! Deep calleth unto deep....
It not a case of just tasting and seeing that He is good....but drinking deeply ..and then finding we still thirst for more of Him.

We will never know Him, until we are fully united in union with Him.
The promise of Bridehood.

Further up...and deeper in!!
" When we have exhausted our store of endurance,
When our strength has failed ere the day is half done,
When we reach the end of our hoarded resources.
Our Father’s full giving is only begun.

1. His love has no limits, His grace has no measure,
    His power no boundary known unto men;
    For out of His infinite riches in Jesus
    He giveth, and giveth, and giveth again
    ."

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Give God the glory!

This post is most excellent!

Reactions: faithfulness

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior is the only way to eternal salvation and an everlasting life.

God gave us the knowledge to accept and know the truth and know right from wrong, those who do not accept the truth that Christ is the son of God and was crucified on the Cross for our sins so that we may have a saving chance to enter into the Kingdom of our Father, God Almighty.

No matter your race, or ethnicity be you a Jew or Muslim or Buddhist or whatever, by accepting Jesus as the son of God you are saving yourself, and accepting the everlasting truth.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

I so agree.
I have enjoyed singing the great old hymns and waving my arms about being saved and now enjoying a life with God. ( and once in a while I still do a jig. :) )

Yet only as we mature do we find that whatever we thought that we knew about God would not fill a thimble! Deep calleth unto deep....
It not a case of just tasting and seeing that He is good....but drinking deeply ..and then finding we still thirst for more of Him.

We will never know Him, until we are fully united in union with Him.
The promise of Bridehood.

Further up...and deeper in!!
" When we have exhausted our store of endurance,
When our strength has failed ere the day is half done,
When we reach the end of our hoarded resources.
Our Father’s full giving is only begun.

1. His love has no limits, His grace has no measure,
    His power no boundary known unto men;
    For out of His infinite riches in Jesus
    He giveth, and giveth, and giveth again
    ."
ah yes, Christ in us, the hope of glory...

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior is the only way to eternal salvation and an everlasting life.

God gave us the knowledge to accept and know the truth and know right from wrong, those who do not accept the truth that Christ is the son of God and was crucified on the Cross for our sins so that we may have a saving chance to enter into the Kingdom of our Father, God Almighty.

No matter your race, or ethnicity be you a Jew or Muslim or Buddhist or whatever, by accepting Jesus as the son of God you are saving yourself, and accepting the everlasting truth.
boy, can't argue with the words, see, the words are technically accurate, facts-wise--well except for that Eating from the tree of knowledge jazz, you just made that up of course, sure won't be Quoting it i guess huh; note the (extreme) variance from What is it? etc--but see, no Son of Man may die for another's sins has not been like repealed or anything, and that is Scripture too right, regardless of how scribed out it now is in our English Bibles?

If the Satan's Dialectic didn't tip one off anyway, right
by accepting Jesus as the son of God you are saving yourself, and accepting the everlasting truth.
He who seeks to save his life (soul) will lose it
Luke 17:33 Lexicon: "Whoever seeks to keep his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life will preserve it.

So, weird as this sounds, by accepting Jesus as the Son of God as a Get-out-of-hell-free card you are condemning yourself, and all it takes is enough leaving of the Church 101 that we were spoon-fed and Reading for ourselves long enough, that will get one alla way there i guess!

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@bbyrd009

Thats not youtube eh?
I watched some of it, like it! But I couldn't enlarge the screen.
And couldn't click it into youtube :(

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
@bbyrd009

Thats not youtube eh?
I watched some of it, but couldn't enlarge the screen.
And couldn't click it into youtube :(
Ok, I'll UL a YT link, but you prolly get commercials then ok,
which i don't do commercials, see, but this is easier than trying to tell you how to go full screen on the other prolly. Tapping the movie once and then tapping that little box lower right don't work? On the other one i mean? I typed "didn't," swear to God lol. I'm just in hell over here lol