is man a spirit with a soul or a soul with a spirit?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
The Nature of ManSoul: Is you, it is you whether in a flesh body or in a spiritual body. It is you whether on Earth or in Heaven. It is your identity as an entity made by God. A soul can exist in either the spiritual realm or the flesh realm. It does not change. Thus it is often used for the person when speaking of a person. Spirit: Is the life of the body, the animation of it, the intellect of it. When you die your spirit transforms into the spiritual realm (in your spiritual body). When a soul is born on the Earth into a flesh body it's spirit is what makes it alive. Body: The physical container of your soul. When in Heaven you have a spiritual body, when on Earth you have a flesh body. Two different bodies, one soul, one spirit. Though a spirit without a flesh body is different from a spirit with a flesh body, but it is the same spirit. There are two bodies. That is why Jesus was referred to in different Scriptures as both the Son of God and the Son of Man. Flesh Body: The human flesh that we inhabit whilst on Earth. Spiritual Body: Another form of body, resembling the human form (but no female form; in heaven all souls are male in form) that we reside in when we are not on Earth (i.e., when we are in Heaven).

JIP

Dec 7, 2007
(n2thelight;30483)
The Nature of ManSoul: Is you, it is you whether in a flesh body or in a spiritual body. It is you whether on Earth or in Heaven. It is your identity as an entity made by God. A soul can exist in either the spiritual realm or the flesh realm. It does not change. Thus it is often used for the person when speaking of a person. Spirit: Is the life of the body, the animation of it, the intellect of it. When you die your spirit transforms into the spiritual realm (in your spiritual body). When a soul is born on the Earth into a flesh body it's spirit is what makes it alive. Body: The physical container of your soul. When in Heaven you have a spiritual body, when on Earth you have a flesh body. Two different bodies, one soul, one spirit. Though a spirit without a flesh body is different from a spirit with a flesh body, but it is the same spirit. There are two bodies. That is why Jesus was referred to in different Scriptures as both the Son of God and the Son of Man. Flesh Body: The human flesh that we inhabit whilst on Earth. Spiritual Body: Another form of body, resembling the human form (but no female form; in heaven all souls are male in form) that we reside in when we are not on Earth (i.e., when we are in Heaven).
Hi,Could you please give bible references please, especially for the last para, spiritual body.Be Blessed

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
(JIP;30484)
Hi,Could you please give bible references please, especially for the last para, spiritual body.Be Blessed"Spiritual Body: Another form of body, resembling the human form (but no female form; in heaven all souls are male in form) that we reside in when we are not on Earth (i.e., when we are in Heaven)." Today 05:01 AM
I am looking forward to the explanation of N2thelight also and will say I completely agree with him. I believe several scriptures tell us this fact but the one that completely opened my eyes was:Revelation 1:13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of Man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.The word "paps" is only used of the female body but this is Christ, the Son of God standing there. When we are in our spiritual body we are both male and female....as we were in the first age, as Adam was before Eve was taken from him.Genesis 5:1 This is THE BOOK OF THE GENERATIONS OF ADAM. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made He him;2.Male and female created He them; and blessed them and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.God didn't form Adam and Eve on the same day. He first formed Adam but as he said....male and female created He them. He created one unit that was both male and female and I believe that is what we will again be in the next age..........Whirlwind

JIP

Dec 7, 2007
(whirlwind;30486)
I am looking forward to the explanation of N2thelight also and will say I completely agree with him. I believe several scriptures tell us this fact but the one that completely opened my eyes was:Revelation 1:13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of Man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. The word "paps" is only used of the female body but this is Christ, the Son of God standing there. When we are in our spiritual body we are both male and female....as we were in the first age, as Adam was before Eve was taken from him. Genesis 5:1 This is THE BOOK OF THE GENERATIONS OF ADAM. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made He him;2.Male and female created He them; and blessed them and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created. God didn't form Adam and Eve on the same day. He first formed Adam but as he said....male and female created He them. He created one unit that was both male and female and I believe that is what we will again be in the next age..........Whirlwind
Interesting Whirlwind. Are you sure about what you said about 'paps'? I will keep what you showed me in mind when I read next time. Thanks. Be Blessed Always

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
(JIP;30490)
Interesting Whirlwind. Are you sure about what you said about 'paps'? I will keep what you showed me in mind when I read next time. Thanks. Be Blessed Always
Pretty astounding to see wasn't it? The word "paps" is used only four times in the Bible and three of those times it is used of the female breast:#3149 Paps - mastos ~ from the base of 3145: a (prop. female) breast (as if kneaded up): - papThe fourth time it is used is in the scripture about Christ. If it was meant as masculine it would have said chest. I believe it was telling us that in eternity there won't be divisions of male/female but we will be one.Just think...no more squabbles about how loud the tv is, no more "you never talk to me anymore, no more hearing...you're driving too fast - slow down! Maybe that's why it's called heaven :eek: :angel2:......Whirlwind