Is Michael Another Name For Jesus?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You think you’re the only one who has the box with the picture on it, that yours is the only religion that looks at the big picture and looks at all of scripture. You’re wrong.
Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts" Prov 21:2

Reactions: Johann and RLT63

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts" Prov 21:2
Pro 14:12 - There is away that appears to be right, but in the end it leads to death.
Unchecked Copy Box
Pro 16:25 - There is away that appears to be right, but in the end it leads to death

Reactions: amadeus

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How To Rationalize Writing 14-Paragraph Posts 101:

The one thing that dispels ignorance is knowledge...but “a little knowledge is a dangerous thing”.....we need to know the whole truth

Like I discovered a new word, looks like you discovered a new phrase.

Last edited:

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She cannot relate to us little people.

She is the superior teacher lecturing us inferior students. This is another YES or NO thread where she doesn't recognize anything is wrong when she writes the longest posts in thread after thread. The sooner we realize she IS the Lady Wisdom of the Bible (in her estimation), the better off we all will be. :eek:

In Praise of Wisdom

With great understanding,
Wisdom is calling out

as she stands at the crossroads
and on every hill.
3 She stands by the city gate
where everyone enters the city,
and she shouts:
4 “I am calling out
to each one of you!
5 Good sense and sound judgment
can be yours.
6 Listen, because what I say
is worthwhile and right.

Proverbs 8:1-6 (CEV)
Her posts haven’t been as long as usual but I feel one coming.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
She is the superior teacher lecturing us inferior students. This is another YES or NO thread where she doesn't recognize anything is wrong when she writes the longest posts in thread after thread. The sooner we realize she IS the Lady Wisdom of the Bible (in her estimation), the better off we all will be. :eek:
I think this was uncalled for, I respect Aunty Jane, we might not always have it right, but we can learn from one another.

Shalom
J.

Reactions: Aunty Jane

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just to take a quote from your link....

" 4. Jesus Christ Is the Word of God

God the Son, Jesus Christ, is known as the Word of God."

There is no scripture that addresses Jesus as "God the Son"...not a single verse.

"At the beginning of John’s gospel we read the following:"

"The Word" is "ho logos" which can mean one who speaks for God. (A Spokesman) This one was "with God" "in the beginning" and he was a divine person "theos".....but he was not "ho theos" which is how Yahweh is addressed in Greek.

Jesus the man did not come into existence till 29C.E, so in heaven with his Father, he was known by the name Michael..."the great Prince", (Dan 12:1) which coincides with Isaiah 9:6-7 where God's son is identified as "Prince of Peace". A Prince is the son of a King.

"In the Book of Revelation, John describes the risen Christ as the “Word of God.” He wrote:

Yes, he has always been "ho logos" (the Word) because he has always spoken on God's behalf.....
When the three angels visited Abraham to inform him of Isaac's coming birth the following year, they separated....the one who spoke as Yahweh (his Spokesman) remained, whilst the other two went on to Sodom to rescue Lot and his family. This I believe the one who identified himself as Yahweh, was the Logos.....speaking for God as he was instructed.

"This description, the Word of God, is only used for God the Son; it is not used for God the Father or God the Holy Spirit. God the Son, Jesus Christ, is the one member of the Trinity who personally communicated God to humanity. However, since there are only two references in the New Testament that refer to Jesus Christ as the Word of God, this usage is rare."

Could you please provide scriptural references for the highlighted titles above.....I can find the second one, but not the first and last mentioned there. (1 Cor 8:5-6)
If the title "ho logos" is used only for the Son, it is obvious that it cannot be used for the Father, as the Son was a spokesman for his Father.
The holy spirit was not a spokesman for God, but used by Him to inspire scripture, (2 Tim 3:16-17) and to perform miracles.

There is only one Archangel and he is identified as Michael....which means "who is like God".
Could anyone be more like God than his firstborn son?
oh That’s a clever way to get around the ban. Someone posts something from a site and you then take something from that site that uses the banned word and topic and you post it. As hard and as craftily as you push on this to keep proselytizing, I will push back as hard, because you are not distributing tracts at the airport - you are in a space that someone privately owns and runs and are disrespecting their rules. Will you now make them ban the blue letter Bible site you posted the quote from?
Reported.

Last edited:
Reactions: RLT63

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just to take a quote from your link....

" 4. Jesus Christ Is the Word of God

God the Son, Jesus Christ, is known as the Word of God."

There is no scripture that addresses Jesus as "God the Son"...not a single verse.

"At the beginning of John’s gospel we read the following:"

"The Word" is "ho logos" which can mean one who speaks for God. (A Spokesman) This one was "with God" "in the beginning" and he was a divine person "theos".....but he was not "ho theos" which is how Yahweh is addressed in Greek.

Jesus the man did not come into existence till 29C.E, so in heaven with his Father, he was known by the name Michael..."the great Prince", (Dan 12:1) which coincides with Isaiah 9:6-7 where God's son is identified as "Prince of Peace". A Prince is the son of a King.

"In the Book of Revelation, John describes the risen Christ as the “Word of God.” He wrote:

Yes, he has always been "ho logos" (the Word) because he has always spoken on God's behalf.....
When the three angels visited Abraham to inform him of Isaac's coming birth the following year, they separated....the one who spoke as Yahweh (his Spokesman) remained, whilst the other two went on to Sodom to rescue Lot and his family. This I believe the one who identified himself as Yahweh, was the Logos.....speaking for God as he was instructed.

"This description, the Word of God, is only used for God the Son; it is not used for God the Father or God the Holy Spirit. God the Son, Jesus Christ, is the one member of the Trinity who personally communicated God to humanity. However, since there are only two references in the New Testament that refer to Jesus Christ as the Word of God, this usage is rare."

Could you please provide scriptural references for the highlighted titles above.....I can find the second one, but not the first and last mentioned there. (1 Cor 8:5-6)
If the title "ho logos" is used only for the Son, it is obvious that it cannot be used for the Father, as the Son was a spokesman for his Father.
The holy spirit was not a spokesman for God, but used by Him to inspire scripture, (2 Tim 3:16-17) and to perform miracles.

There is only one Archangel and he is identified as Michael....which means "who is like God".
Could anyone be more like God than his firstborn son?
I can’t respond to your request because it would be in violation of forum rules.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
oh That’s a clever way to get around the ban. Someone posts something from a site and you then take something from that site that uses the banned word and topic and you post it. As hard and as craftily as you push on this to keep proselytizing, I will push back as hard, because you are not distributing tracts at the airport - you are in a space that someone privately owns and runs and are disrespecting their rules. Will you now make them ban the blue letter Bible site you posted the quote from?
Reported.
What did I say that was not true? Please let me know. If I am responding to a link that is talking about who Michael the Archangel is....the belief that we are not supposed to talk about is the only thing standing in the way of proving from the Bible that Jesus may well be Michael, as one of his names, in one of his roles. He has many ‘hats’.

This is worse than the censorship on covid and the vaxx issue....way more life threatening.

Last edited:

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
What did I say that was not true? Please let me know. If I am responding to a link that is talking about who Michael the Archangel is....the belief that we are not supposed to talk about is the only thing standing in the way of proving from the Bible that Jesus may well be Michael, as on of his names, in one of his roles. He has many ‘hats’.

This is worse than the censorship on covid and the vaxx issue....way more life threatening.
Very, very UN-Christ like from Stun.
Something is wrong here @Aunty Jane

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Very, very UN-Christ like from Stun.
Something is wrong here @Aunty Jane
It’s a sad indictment that defence of one’s beliefs cannot tolerate scrutiny. If your faith is solid, nothing will move you....but that works both ways....whether your indoctrination is true or false, wont matter because, what you want to “believe” will stand in the way of a truth you have to deny and reject.

As I see it, if the very foundation of your belief system is proven to be false, whatever you build on that foundation, no matter how impressive it may seem, will collapse along with the faulty foundation supporting it.....because it’s not made of concrete....it’s made of matchsticks....but “you can’t say that here”....

Open discussion is then stifled. What did the Jews do to Jesus and his disciples? They tried to silence them so that the truth would not be revealed to the masses. Silencing the truth is something that Jehovah will never allow to happen.....even if those who think they represent him try to gag them.

Reactions: Johann

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s a sad indictment that defence of one’s beliefs cannot tolerate scrutiny. If your faith is solid, nothing will move you....but that works both ways....whether your indoctrination is true or false, wont matter because, what you want to “believe” will stand in the way of a truth you have to deny and reject.

As I see it, if the very foundation of your belief system is proven to be false, whatever you build on that foundation, no matter how impressive it may seem, will collapse along with the faulty foundation supporting it.....because it’s not made of concrete....it’s made of matchsticks....but “you can’t say that here”....

Open discussion is then stifled. What did the Jews do to Jesus and his disciples? They tried to silence them so that the truth would not be revealed to the masses. Silencing the truth is something that Jehovah will never allow to happen.....even if those who think they represent him try to gag them.
My beliefs aren’t challenged. I don’t care at all for the doctrine that must remain unmentioned. so you certainly haven’t challenged my belief about it or upset me in any way.
But if no one else is allowed to mention the doctrine you despise then why should you be allowed to mention it?
I didn’t make the rule.

They also don’t allow the debate of “Jesus is not God.” Also another rule I didn’t make.

I can imagine that if I went to a JW chat site and constantly started thread after thread about how Jesus is God and JW’s are false teachers, I’d be gone pretty quickly. But I wouldn’t do that.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What did I say that was not true? Please let me know.
Doesn’t really have to do with true or not true. It has to do with forum rules and your attitude that you don’t have to follow them.

I’ll tell you this though. If I was in a forum where they banned me being able to say Jesus is my Lord and God, I would leave after shaking my feet.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There is nothing more threatening to most people than to have their beliefs challenged. It shakes them to their core.

People prefer comfort to truth.

They think they love truth, but what they love is the comfort of their own ideas about things they think are true.

The knee-jerk response is to BAN talking about those things they find most upsetting. Sadly, this forum has gone in this direction, where certain things cannot be discussed... I honestly don't think it is the doing of @doughty rather it's the actions of a few over-zealous (and fearful) moderators or administrators that desperately try to block talk of subjects that make them uncomfortable.

It's unfortunate. Rather than censor and restrict free speech (something we all cherish) they should instead moderate the behavior of posters and restrict those who can't control the way they interact. They should monitor the way people talk, not what they are saying.

Deal with the actual offenders and let dialogue, discussion and even debate live on.
Yes, sadly the response is....:Oh no:
Surely it’s up to the individual readers and posters here to exercise their own free will with regard to topics that they consider to be “sensitive”.....they have the choice to read or to ignore.....or they should have.

If John 6:44 and 65 are correct, then ‘no one can come to Christ without an invitation from his Father’, so no one will be invited who does not have the qualities that God is looking for anyway. :ummm:

God chooses us as much as we think we choose him.....

Reactions: Johann
Status
Not open for further replies.