Is Physical Healing Provided In The Atonement?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think @rebuilder 454 makes a valid point.
This topic claims that healing does not come through the atonement.
That is what is being argued against.

Is it not on the basis of the Atonement that we acquire healing?
Claiming that for which Christ has already won for us?

/

The OP seeks to show healing is not a matter of having enough faith. Why? If we are healed spiritually through the atoning blood of Christ, according to grace through faith, does it not stand to reason that physical healing also can only be accomplished by our faith? The answer is that the atoning blood of Christ most certainly does heal our sin sick spirit as well as our destined to death through sin physical body. But in this life we only receive eternal healing of our spirit when we are born again. But our mortal body will not be healed until those who physically die in faith are resurrected and physically changed from mortal to immortal and corruptible to incorruptible. In this life there will always be sickness and death of our natural mortal bodies. Some will be healed of sickness and suffering, and some will not be physically healed in THIS LIFE. This is true for both people of faith and those who remain in unbelief. The point being the healing believers most long for is complete healing that shall never end. And that is possible for mankind through the atoning blood of Christ for ALL who believe.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is awesome the fact that healing, as the bible teaches, is part of the atonement.
IOW, Healing is our portion.
Devine health belongs to his children.
It is actually imperative for us as his children to understand this fact.
If it is mine, i can claim it.
I can walk in it.
What would you say should be the components of a prayer for receiving our due through the Atonement?

/

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is awesome the fact that healing, as the bible teaches, is part of the atonement.
IOW, Healing is our portion.
Devine health belongs to his children.
It is actually imperative for us as his children to understand this fact.
If it is mine, i can claim it.
I can walk in it.

If divine healing belongs to the children of God, why do Christians physically DIE? I read Scripture that tells us that ALL without exception, for even Christ died, are DESTINED to death! The atoning blood that Christ shed gives eternal life to our spirit NOW, and our physical body too shall have immortal & incorruptible life ONLY when the last trumpet begins to sound! Your name it claim through faith doctrine will not prevent you from physically dying! What do you claim? Healed today, gone tomorrow???

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The OP seeks to show healing is not a matter of having enough faith. Why? If we are healed spiritually through the atoning blood of Christ, according to grace through faith, does it not stand to reason that physical healing also can only be accomplished by our faith? The answer is that the atoning blood of Christ most certainly does heal our sin sick spirit as well as our destined to death through sin physical body. But in this life we only receive eternal healing of our spirit when we are born again. But our mortal body will not be healed until those who physically die in faith are resurrected and physically changed from mortal to immortal and corruptible to incorruptible. In this life there will always be sickness and death of our natural mortal bodies. Some will be healed of sickness and suffering, and some will not be physically healed in THIS LIFE. This is true for both people of faith and those who remain in unbelief. The point being the healing believers most long for is complete healing that shall never end. And that is possible for mankind through the atoning blood of Christ for ALL who believe.
You make good points. Thanks.

I think the disconnect comes when we dismiss the physical healing aspect of the Atonement by
claiming that SINCE sickness and death is still a part of our lives, that healing did NOT come.

We are still subject to sin and death even though the death penalty has already been paid.

Romans 8:1-4 NIV
Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,
2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you[a]
free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh,[b]
God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering.[c]
And so he condemned sin in the flesh,
4 in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us,
who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

/

Reactions: rwb

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They think God is glorified in sickness.
This topic claims that healing does not come through the atonement.
That is what is being argued against.
Precious friends, must be Because we are brain-Washed By The Pure Water Of All Of God's
Word Of Truth,
eh?:

"And He Said Unto me, My Grace Is Sufficient for thee: for My Strength​
Is Made Perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather​
glory in my infirmities, that The Power Of Christ May Rest Upon me."​
(2 Corinthians 12:9)​
Wait! What? God is Not Glorified???
Perchance you may have missed this One?: GRACE Word for infirmities

Prayerfully And Carefully study? Amen?

Amen.

Last edited:
Reactions: St. SteVen and rwb

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not Baptist. So i am not hamstrung by yalls omissions.
We first see healing as part of the covenant with moses holding up the serpent on a pole.
A type of Jesus.
Anyone looking at that type was healed.
A DIRECT vivid picture of healing IN THE NEW COVENANT.
HEALING AND SALVATION...in the new covenant.
That would be a good place to start removing one's self from the cessationist lie.
While the new age faith blab it and grab it and wear it and delcare it IS of new age and greed
and taught for money . STILL CESSAONISM IS A LIE . every gift is still available .
And if one is hinting about perhaps giving money for a healing , THEN FLEE THAT SOLD OUT WICKED MAN OF BELIAL
he just wants YA MONEY and is a charlaton . prosperity gospel is false . but so is cessaitonism .
PRAY ye that ye may be healed . GOD can still heal phsycial ailments . YES HE CAN and we can pray for healing too .
BUT NEVER EVER , repeat , EVER EVER , neveah eveah SIT UNDER THEM NEW AGE WORD FAITH MONEY GRUBBING LIARS EITHER .
You be blessed now my friend . THANKS for exposing cessiastionsim too . but please heed my warnings too .

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While the new age faith blab it and grab it and wear it and delcare it IS of new age and greed
and taught for money . STILL CESSAONISM IS A LIE . every gift is still available .
And if one is hinting about perhaps giving money for a healing , THEN FLEE THAT SOLD OUT WICKED MAN OF BELIAL
he just wants YA MONEY and is a charlaton . prosperity gospel is false . but so is cessaitonism .
PRAY ye that ye may be healed . GOD can still heal phsycial ailments . YES HE CAN and we can pray for healing too .
BUT NEVER EVER , repeat , EVER EVER , neveah eveah SIT UNDER THEM NEW AGE WORD FAITH MONEY GRUBBING LIARS EITHER .
You be blessed now my friend . THANKS for exposing cessiastionsim too . but please heed my warnings too .
Heed all heresy.
I dont see how combining error with the bible increases faith.
Charismatics are not the enemy.
Some baptists have devoted their ENTIRE carrier to attacking charismatics, while the devil eats their lunch .
So many are sick and dying while those that step out into the promise of healing, deliverance, and raising the dead, are attacked non stop.

Mainly because the cessationists are too cowardly to take up that sword.
That ministry is not for wimps.
Ironically those wimps who can not wield that sword attack those that dare to take it up.

Reactions: St. SteVen

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Precious friends, must be Because we are brain-Washed By The Pure Water Of All Of God's
Word Of Truth,
eh?:

"And He Said Unto me, My Grace Is Sufficient for thee: for My Strength​
Is Made Perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather​
glory in my infirmities, that The Power Of Christ May Rest Upon me."​
(2 Corinthians 12:9)​
Wait! What? God is Not Glorified???
Perchance you may have missed this One?: GRACE Word for infirmities

Prayerfully And Carefully study? Amen?

Amen.
then Jesus was very deceived.
Never once did he agree with your assumptions and conclusions.
You should pray for yourself to be sick since it glorifies God.

Taking communion UNWORTHILY is why some are sick.
Oh , wait...there we have it!
You can go do that and hopefully get sick and glorify God!!!

...and then do not read James because it says the prayer Of faith WILL heal the sick...( not may, or could possibly...it says WILL)

Paul obviously missed it on his own healing.
It always amazes me how baptists pull out that crazy notion that healing is bad and sickness it Gods glory.
Boy oh boy.....did Jesus have that backwards.

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What would you say should be the components of a prayer for receiving our due through the Atonement?

/
It is based on promise.
Both Isaiah and peter made the connection.
But for us, since we are his family, we have a right to our fathers store house.
We are joint heirs with Jesus.
Healing belongs to us.
It is our portion.
The doctrine is simple
God = good
Devil= bad.
Sickness and premature death is of the devil.
Jesus demonstrated that.
Some are parked on some strange dimension of Paul as if he voided over 60 healing verses.

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If divine healing belongs to the children of God, why do Christians physically DIE? I read Scripture that tells us that ALL without exception, for even Christ died, are DESTINED to death! The atoning blood that Christ shed gives eternal life to our spirit NOW, and our physical body too shall have immortal & incorruptible life ONLY when the last trumpet begins to sound! Your name it claim through faith doctrine will not prevent you from physically dying! What do you claim? Healed today, gone tomorrow???
if salvation is for the world, why do most go to hell?
If what you assert is correct, then the healing verses are all in error, as is half of Jesus ministry.
Death is not the end.
You are assuming that.
Man ,whether saved or heathen, is an eternal being.
Gods healing promises are for this world.
Not at all needed in heaven, nor is money...they are not needed.

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

/
We declare our pedigree to heaven.
Declare you are a child of God.
Claim what belongs to you.
That is what the woman that Jesus called a dog, did. She said" ..you called me a dog, and the dogs eat from your table...now give me what is mine!"
One translation has Jesus answering " you can have what ever you want"
That verse "belongs to me"
So our starting place is "healing is ours". Not the heathen, but Jesus's children, His family.
Those 2 dimensions are where I start from.
If I get the revelation of that, my faith soars automatically.
In other words if I know I have the money in the bank with faith I can write the check. If I don't know that I have money in the bank I may write the check mechanically ,but I am totally unsure if it'll clear so I'm going to scramble over to the bank to put some money in the bank.

So that's how it is if I pray in faith ,versus if I pray and I'm not sure. If I don't have those foundational Dynamics under my belt then how am I going to pray in faith because faith means I KNOW...it's not I THINK....it is not I'm HOPING.

faith is that I know it is established. Okay so once I have that revelation, then I can proceed to move in the authority of the believer.
I can command sickness to leave I can evict the evil thing that's trying to get me. I can powerfully kick it out. That's basically all the doctor does he kicks out or kills the sickness and then the the body will heal itself.
he can't promote it in any way.
he knows if he gets the sickness out that the body will heal itself. And so that's where the authority comes in

I kick it out.
I make it leave.
I get delivered from whatever it is and I automatically get better .
so it's not necessarily healing that we should pursue .
it's kicking the evil out
It is kicking the sickness out.
We make it leave
we don't ask it to leave we make it leave I've seen this happen over and over

• Love

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if salvation is for the world, why do most go to hell?

Who has said "salvation is for the world"? Certainly not I. Are you even replying to this thread or are you so confused that you are bringing replies from other posts into this one?
If what you assert is correct, then the healing verses are all in error, as is half of Jesus ministry.

Are you being deliberately obtuse? The supernatural healings done by Jesus and His disciples proved that Jesus is the Son of God, the Messiah sent to be the propitiation for sin, and to overcome death.

Death is not the end.

You do err not knowing the Scriptures. He/she who physically dies in unbelief have not overcome the second death that is the lake of fire. Physically dying in unbelief is assurance for never living again. The fate for those dying in unbelief is physical resurrection in an hour coming when the last trumpet sounds to the resurrection of DAMNATION in the lake of fire.

Man ,whether saved or heathen, is an eternal being.

Then why do we need a Savior?

Gods healing promises are for this world.
Not at all needed in heaven, nor is money...they are not needed.

These last comments are unworthy of discussion!

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heed all heresy.
I dont see how combining error with the bible increases faith.
Charismatics are not the enemy.
Some baptists have devoted their ENTIRE carrier to attacking charismatics, while the devil eats their lunch .
So many are sick and dying while those that step out into the promise of healing, deliverance, and raising the dead, are attacked non stop.

Mainly because the cessationists are too cowardly to take up that sword.
That ministry is not for wimps.
Ironically those wimps who can not wield that sword attack those that dare to take it up.
The gifts are real . BUT i warn us all THE DEVIL has taken captive about most all the charametic realm .
My advice , FLEE IT and never once look back . THEM MONEY GRUBERS do nothing but GET RICH OF the church and teach
NEW AGE word faith . ITS NEW AGE . they banking off the backs of the peoples .
As folks run to satans men who wrote best sellers like YA BEST LIFE NOW
or CIRCLE makers , or the shack , as folks just give give give to these charlatons . I AM GONNA EXPOSE EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM .
THEY even are selling out all out to the ALL INCLUSIVE UNITY WE ARE ONE LIE . they all about MONEY and SURVIVAL in the world .
I will expose them as i do those who teach CESSATIONISM TOO . TIME WE BIBLE UP . Be encouraged rebuilder
but NAR prophets are FALSE TOO . that might sting , but i say it out of love .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We declare our pedigree to heaven.
Declare you are a child of God.
Claim what belongs to you.
That is what the woman that Jesus called a dog, did. She said" ..you called me a dog, and the dogs eat from your table...now give me what is mine!"
One translation has Jesus answering " you can have what ever you want"
That verse "belongs to me"
So our starting place is "healing is ours". Not the heathen, but Jesus's children, His family.
Those 2 dimensions are where I start from.
If I get the revelation of that, my faith soars automatically.
In other words if I know I have the money in the bank with faith I can write the check. If I don't know that I have money in the bank I may write the check mechanically ,but I am totally unsure if it'll clear so I'm going to scramble over to the bank to put some money in the bank.

So that's how it is if I pray in faith ,versus if I pray and I'm not sure. If I don't have those foundational Dynamics under my belt then how am I going to pray in faith because faith means I KNOW...it's not I THINK....it is not I'm HOPING.

faith is that I know it is established. Okay so once I have that revelation, then I can proceed to move in the authority of the believer.
I can command sickness to leave I can evict the evil thing that's trying to get me. I can powerfully kick it out. That's basically all the doctor does he kicks out or kills the sickness and then the the body will heal itself.
he can't promote it in any way.
he knows if he gets the sickness out that the body will heal itself. And so that's where the authority comes in

I kick it out.
I make it leave.
I get delivered from whatever it is and I automatically get better .
so it's not necessarily healing that we should pursue .
it's kicking the evil out
It is kicking the sickness out.
We make it leave
we don't ask it to leave we make it leave I've seen this happen over and over
What a crock . she never said NOW GIVE ME WHAT IS MINE . SHE WAS HUMBLE . HUMBLE
she didnt come Demanding and CLAIMING AND ORDERING JESUS TO HEAL HER .
SHE was humble and even called herself a dog but was simply begging mercy . THAT NAME IT AND CLIAM IT IS NEW AGE dude .
EVEN the centurion was very humble . HE said I AM NOT EVEN WORTHY that you should come under my ROOF .
NAME IT AND CLIAM IT BARKS ORDERS AT GOD . ITS NEW AGE DEVIL TALK . HOW dare we ORDER GOD around .
Yall been sold a bill of rotted vile trash . And i will expose that movment for the lie it is .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who has said "salvation is for the world"? Certainly not I. Are you even replying to this thread or are you so confused that you are bringing replies from other posts into this one?

Are you being deliberately obtuse? The supernatural healings done by Jesus and His disciples proved that Jesus is the Son of God, the Messiah sent to be the propitiation for sin, and to overcome death.

You do err not knowing the Scriptures. He/she who physically dies in unbelief have not overcome the second death that is the lake of fire. Physically dying in unbelief is assurance for never living again. The fate for those dying in unbelief is physical resurrection in an hour coming when the last trumpet sounds to the resurrection of DAMNATION in the lake of fire.

Then why do we need a Savior?

These last comments are unworthy of discussion!
Do you SEE what that man is doing . He may as well have said that greek lady came and said
I DEMAND MY HEALING . she never did that . she was humble . THIS BLAB IT , NAME IT and CLIAM IT CRAP cometh of the dark one
ITS GREED and its lust and it ORDERS GOD AROUND like GOD was created TO SERVE OUR EVERY DESIRE .
I AM GONNA EXPOSE that trash PRIDE FILLED JUNK for what it is . DUNG PILE DOO DOO that no man should heed .

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Determined by you? - LOL

/

I was the one replying, so I chose to say I did not believe his comments merit my reply! Maybe I should have made it clear that I wasn't implying anyone else might think little of his reply as I do.