Is Reincarnation baloney?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly. Easy to understand really.
Unless you call it reincarnation. Then many church/forum folks get up in arms.
Jesus said, "Unless you be born again..." (from what?)
The Jews of that age were born into Judaism. The flesh the Christian converts were separated from was their ancestors religious system of works.

They became the new flesh as Jesus was the first separated by God. This was the first circumcising without hands. According to Moses Abram was told to circumcise himself. I don’t believe that to be the conversation the Almighty and Abram had. I believe it was more along the lines of Him telling Abram that he was gonna separate Jesus from their flesh. What does Abram do according to Moses he takes matters into his own hands and removes the fore skin from his petis.

This whole reincarnation thing to me is merely first century Jews dying to the law and being born anew too God.

Reactions: Mr E and St. SteVen

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God separated Paul from his mother’s womb when he was born anew in Jerusalem above. Until God circumcised the heart there was only darkness. The light was present but incomprehensible.

Reactions: Wrangler

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just what it says...

He took his wife- and there is only one way a man takes a wife in scriptural terms. They consummated the union by having sex.

Then--- they never had sex again until after the baby was born. The 'marital relations' mentioned refers specifically to after they were married, which means they already had sex. Verse 18 mentions- before they came together -which specifically means before they moved into one house and cohabitated together as man and wife. But before that they became man and wife-- by consummating the union on their wedding day as with all Hebrew wedding ceremonies.
So, if we extend that thought, what do we do with the virgin birth being a sign?
This even appears in the Creed. But that's another (dangerous) subject. - LOL

Reactions: Mr E

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Jews of that age were born into Judaism. The flesh the Christian converts were separated from was their ancestors religious system of works.

They became the new flesh as Jesus was the first separated by God. This was the first circumcising without hands. According to Moses Abram was told to circumcise himself. I don’t believe that to be the conversation the Almighty and Abram had. I believe it was more along the lines of Him telling Abram that he was gonna separate Jesus from their flesh. What does Abram do according to Moses he takes matters into his own hands and removes the fore skin from his petis.

This whole reincarnation thing to me is merely first century Jews dying to the law and being born anew too God.
That's an interesting view, thanks.
Do gentiles need to be born again? If so, from what?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyway, it appears to me that maybe the new birth is a reference to being baptized and dead to the religious practices of this world.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’ve began viewing the flesh in the New Testament as a reference to what was once practiced. That wasn’t really representative of God.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have to begin to understand that Moses was an Egyptian. God doesn’t write on stones Egyptians do.

As stated in the New Testament God writes on the fleshly tables of the heart.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
St. SteVen said:

Don't those today look back to those times to understand their paganism?
Not really any "new" pagan religions? Maybe I misunderstand you.

Okay... what about your statement below?

What does this mean then, if you agree with me?
The book of Moses is still read today, and the vail is still present in those reading it. See Moses had the light of God shine into his darkness but the light was incomprehensible.

The vail which was Jesus flesh had to be rent as stated in Hebrews. This was/is the way in

A new living way through the vail- his flesh.

The arc in the temple Was Moses dark understanding and was representing the heart of man.

Last edited: