Is Reincarnation baloney?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
On my rounds of the discussion boards I see that a lot of seemingly intelligent sensible people believe in reincarnation, namely that when we die we're born again as a baby somewhere.
Is there any Biblical scriptural support for it?

Reactions: St. SteVen and Mr E

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On my rounds of the discussion boards I see that a lot of seemingly intelligent sensible people believe in reincarnation, namely that when we die we're born again as a baby somewhere.
If reincarnation was real then how do they explain changes in population honestly?

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes the Reincarnation idea has a satanic element to it by implying death is not the end, so I suppose people embrace the notion as a 'comfort blanket' same as other wacky beliefs along the same lines..:)

Reactions: Gandalf- and dhh712

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In the eastern religions people are not only reborn as people but as animals too.
That's correct. It all depends on "karma" -- how a person lived his or her life on earth. So the really evil people could be degraded to rodents or vermin. On the other hand the really virtuous people could be reincarnated as Brahmins -- the highest caste in India. Casteism is tied to reincarnation and has a very strong hold on India. But reincarnation is also found in Buddhism, Shinto, and Taoism (all derived from Hinduism). In Jainism, the monks are even careful not to step on ants, because of this belief.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

JohnRemnant

Jul 3, 2022
NYC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No Bible support for that. People are confused probably about life after death passages, and birth passages and the fact we do come from God first. So there is a lack of understanding these passages in their full context.

Couple with that the fact a lot of New Agers have infiltrated much of the churches, the rainbow movements. Its just a recipe for disaster. The Truth is lost in that confusion for the unrespecting persons.

Reactions: Gandalf-

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I sometimes bump into people on the forum circuit who claim they have memories of a past life, but when we try to pin them down into telling us about that life, they fob us off with vague replies.
For example one chap said he was a medieval soldier in a past life, so I said "That's fascinating, I'm a moderator on a military history board so please tell me specific details of your regiment, your weaponry, your battles and campaigns etc", but he shut up like a clam..:)

JohnRemnant

Jul 3, 2022
NYC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I sometimes bump into people on the forum circuit who claim they have memories of a past life, but -

If they have legitimate memories', then maybe the memories are not theirs. It could be in fact a symptom of being possessed. Just what if in the worst case scenario.
In scriptures those who were diviners, and ventriloquist, lending their voice to " the dead" people they claim who they can speak to. Today called Mediums stem from the new age, con artists, and actual possessed. As the evil spirit [ fallen angel] calls to the memory the possessed person memories from the previous people the evil spirit possessed. They feed prompts to the victim , they morph ideas and concepts to fool the individuals who seek their "help". Many of the new age self help groups seem to be involved in it. Drawing on eastern mysticisms and corruptions in order to deceive and muddy the waters of Truth.

Last edited:

JohnRemnant

Jul 3, 2022
NYC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, satan suckers them into thinking they'll escape hell by simply being reborn over and over, and the poor mugs swallow it hook line sinker..:)

The idea is a symptom of a greater pollution of the society at large. No matter what walk of life or what field of study or belief. The new age rainbow people seem to have infiltrated and corrupted everything. Unfortunately many churches if not almost all have been touched by their reach in some aspect. It can be noted even among accepted Doctrines. Rapture for one. They would even invoke the name of Christ, for their spiritualisms. In reality leading people to Luciferian beliefs.

If the scriptures are diligently studied and recalled, then there is no way this international dynasty of confusions can reach us. They control all aspects of Politics, Economics, Education and media in all forms. Including Religion and its various corruptions and spiritualist self help groups. There is nothing wrong with wanting to improve oneself. but not at the costs of Gods word. Not at the costs of Truth. What the the new agers and Satanist are offering is shallow and perishable along with Satan its source. What God gave us is His Son The Lord Jesus Christ.

Last edited:

dhh712

Jun 12, 2022
Gettysburg
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The idea is a symptom of a greater pollution of the society at large. No matter what walk of life or what field of study or belief. The new age rainbow people seem to have infiltrated and corrupted everything. Unfortunately many churches if not almost all have been touched by their reach in some aspect. It can be noted even among accepted Doctrines. Rapture for one. They would even invoke the name of Christ, for their spiritualisms. In reality leading people to Luciferian beliefs.

If the scriptures are diligently studied and recalled, then there is no way this international dynasty of confusions can reach us. They control all aspects of Politics, Economics, Education and media in all forms. Including Religion and its various corruptions and spiritualist self help groups. There is nothing wrong with wanting to improve oneself. but not at the costs of Gods word. Not at the costs of Truth. What the the new agers and Satanist are offering is shallow and perishable along with Satan its source. What God gave us is His Son The Lord Jesus Christ.

Yep. Satan speaks the deceiving lie that if one would take a logical look at the Bible he or she will see it is full of illogical concepts, contradictions and fairy tales that "science" has disproven. It is the same deception he utilized from day 1 in the garden: Did God really say that? He has deceived the majority of the world into believing that the Bible is not the word of God but something made up largely by a barbaric people whose intelligence is far below the level which possesses much of the population of today's world.

Most people do not have the time or intelligence to take a deeper look into Biblical literacy, to see how it was preserved and the radical difference between it and other works of ancient literature (not that that would convert one of course). They merely prefer the false line of thinking which Satan has propagated through his followers because it appears sophisticated and is widely accepted and approved now by the majority of the modern world. Not only that, that line of thinking is amenable to their own preferred mindset which does not have to answer to an Almighty God who will hold him or her accountable for all their thoughts, words and deeds. Such people prefer to understand themselves as "pretty good" people--many of them enjoy helping people and caring for others and do not engage in heinous crimes. Such people have this understanding: "Well, if there is some kind of 'God' surely he would not have a problem with me; I've been a good person all my life and I have tried my best. Surely that is enough not to be sent to hell".

Of course I do not have to explain the problem with that line of thinking. It is the Great Lie propagated by the Liar and Murderer who was such from the beginning. That sort of mindset has blanketed the world like a great fog of plague and caught up in it, these good and well-meaning people will find themselves in hell. And any of these who may read that may wonder, "What have I done that will get me sent to hell?? That is for like really bad people". Actually, it isn't. That is another Lie disseminated by Satan because most of the modern world, if not the entire world, has discarded the Bible and do not understand God's revelation of Himself and how man is reconciled to God. Hell is for those who do not believe in God either out of apathy or outright aggression toward him (for those who have not trusted in Jesus for righteousness). Because why would anyone wish to dwell for eternity in a place with someone they don't care about, know anything about, not even believe that such a person exits (and some outright even hate that person)?

God doesn't look on the race of men and reward those who do good and punish those who do evil. Again, the Great Lie of Satan. Life is a curse: for the majority of the people who ever lived in the world a very difficult and trying time often filled with sadness, misery and loss. God is calling those to himself: a people who wish to know him, a people who look to a better life than this one, a people who trust in the Creator and have established a relationship with Him and know him to be better than anything this life could ever offer. These are the people who will dwell with him forever and have the goodness and blessing which only come from God, the Almighty Creator of this world without from which no good thing comes. The rest will dwell in a place removed from the goodness and blessings of God. Those who never knew him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dropship

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It would be interesting to travel India to interview and give a witness to Hindus. Christianity is spreading with over 100 million there now but most of the billion + people are Hindus or Buddhists.
It is sad to see suffering people, like the "Untouchables" live in the middle of a somewhat prosperous city like dogs in shacks and no one helps them. Why? People believe that it is their Karma to suffer in their life and not to interfere - " for it is purposed for them to live out this life this way". So the voices of starving people, begging for help, goes out void to deaf ears. People avoid them like the plague, without mercy, a heart, as they pass them by and ignor them. It is an unforgiving, merciless and hopeless religion and way of life for hundreds of millions. Their lack of charity is justified, they use the excuse not to help anyone, not to interfer with the spiritual laws of Karma. Likely Shiva, Krishna or Brahma will punish them if they do.
Well, missionaries are at work over there to show love, mercy and forgiveness and tell them about the truth about life, that there is only one life, one death and then the judgment and about Jesus, our Savior.
Evil spirits, princes of Satan are in charge of certain areas of the world to keep people under this dark umbrella of evil. China, Russia and all the Muslim nations suffer from Satan's false religious systems and atheism as well.
I met a very intelligent Hindu man once who gave me his card with numerous titles and accomplishments. He was a professor, held several doctorate degrees, a member of prestigious Hindu fellowships ... a spiritual guru as well, shaman ... It was almost comical. Usually you get a business card with one occupation on it, not eight.
So the point is, I believe this guy thought he finally reached the end of his cycle of being reincarnated and believed he did not have to come back anymore, but only to go to Nirvana when he died - wherever that is. He was full of himself with pride, happy go lucky, on this self induced high. How deceived, I wanted to say, but who could challenge a Guru with those degrees? He knew about Jesus, "one of the many millions of gods", he said, who "transcended as others have before him". Satan had him exactly where he wanted him. Would God send someone to unravel all that and rescue him? Hopefully.

Reactions: Dropship

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's correct. It all depends on "karma" -- how a person lived his or her life on earth. So the really evil people could be degraded to rodents or vermin. On the other hand the really virtuous people could be reincarnated as Brahmins -- the highest caste in India. Casteism is tied to reincarnation and has a very strong hold on India. But reincarnation is also found in Buddhism, Shinto, and Taoism (all derived from Hinduism). In Jainism, the monks are even careful not to step on ants, because of this belief.
And its all vainity of vanities . My advice is PREACH JESUS to all that has breath .

Reactions: Marvelloustime