Is Remarriage after Divorce, Adultery?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How many believe in second marriages after divorce?

• Only if divorce was due to sexual infidelity by the spouse?

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • Only if a written document of divorce is given for any reason?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Allowed if there was physical abuse in the marriage?

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Allowed if spouse refused to work and help financially?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay. So you lean toward a family unit, of mother and children without a constant father presence as favorable to God?

What a reckless and cruel thing to say to a woman you don't know. My child died. I would have loved to have gotten married again, and had more children, but that chance was taken from me, because my "Christian" weak husband left me for a younger model - the wife of his best friend. He couldn't even be loyal to his friend.

Okay. Not sure how you conclude that, when the Scripture itself, gives an acceptable exception... Matt 19:9

Said to Jews under the law and Old Covenant. A study in covenants would do you good. Here is the duty for Christians under the New Covenant:

1 Corinthians 7:
10 Now to the married I command, yet not I but the Lord: A wife is not to depart from her husband. 11 But even if she does depart, let her remain unmarried or be reconciled to her husband. And a husband is not to divorce his wife.

No divorce; only separation if necessary.

So where in scripture is: in "Dave's words"...

Divorce was allowed by Moses because of the hardness of the heart. That describes unforgiveness to a "T". You could learn a thing or two from Dave.

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What a reckless and cruel thing to say to a woman you don't know. My child died. I would have loved to have gotten married again, and had more children, but that chance was taken from me, because my "Christian" weak husband left me for a younger model - the wife of his best friend. He couldn't even be loyal to his friend.

Sorry for the loss of your child.
You are correct, I do not know you.
You are incorrect, that my ASKING YOU A QUESTION was reckless or cruel.

Said to Jews under the law and Old Covenant.

And repeated the exception to men being prepared for the New Covenant?

Eh, I am not in agreement with you.

A study in covenants would do you good.

The Lords Understanding would benefit you.

Here is the duty for Christians under the New Covenant:

1 Corinthians 7:
10 Now to the married I command, yet not I but the Lord: A wife is not to depart from her husband. 11 But even if she does depart, let her remain unmarried or be reconciled to her husband. And a husband is not to divorce his wife.

No divorce; only separation if necessary.

You decided to reveal personal things about yourself...
Yet nothing you revealed about you shows any application to the scripture you quoted.

Divorce was allowed by Moses because of the hardness of the heart. That describes unforgiveness to a "T". You could learn a thing or two from Dave.

I have heard quite enough about both of your implications regarding "unforgiveness", that scripture does not teach.

I already have a Teacher.
Dave makes unfounded accusations and quotes inapplicable scriptures the same as you.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What?! Lol.
My wife and I do not have children yet so I guess we are not married...Does that mean couples who do not have children can pursue someone from the opposite sex? If you're not "truly" married then it is not "truly" unfaithfulness...geez the things I read here sometimes lol.
I had to run directly, so I did not finish this off.

By having a child it's consummated marriage, the whole point of marriage is for the children's rights under Jesus Grace, only Satanist disregard others.

Think of it this way a mum and dad have a child and that child grows up and gets married and then this does not work out like many do nowadays, so there was no children involved, now the grandmother and granddad of the two married that did not consummate with a child is no were as bad as one that has a one where a child is involved, so the Christian grandmother and granddad can thankful for that but if there was a child involved the mum and dad would be very upset, would you not think.

Sure two who are married nothing is wrong with that at all, but you will know when you have children that your responsibility's will change and you will see it all in a different light to be sure to be sure, the children come first and foremost in everything that you do.
And you know what at the end of your days you will regard that as the greatest achievement and joy that God gave you by far.

Bub comes along and what does one say, we is a family now you all.
A man and wife is that a family ?
In a marriage the two become as one, well they truly have to be for there children sake.

I am not saying anything against two who have no children at all, but one does not go into a marriage without any regard as to that Children may come along one day, so it's not to be taken lightly.

A sister of mine got married to a atheist who is a typical metro sexual type of city boy who is a lefty and all and so when the Baby came along he had the hide to ask my dad if he would look after her, my dad said no ! and my mum went right off the rocker about that.
He is not a nasty person but just typical lefty bludging idiot who sits on his arse at home smoking pot as my sister goes out working.
Now if he did not think that he could take on the responsibility of such he should never of got married now should he, but such is typical of fools nowadays because they do not fathom what the word Marriage truly means and the proof is in the pudding with the gay marriage madness, there is no such thing in Gods eyes such is an abomination.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry for the loss of your child.
You are correct, I do not know you.
You are incorrect, that my ASKING YOU A QUESTION was reckless or cruel.

And repeated the exception to men being prepared for the New Covenant?

Eh, I am not in agreement with you.

The Lords Understanding would benefit you.

You decided to reveal personal things about yourself...
Yet nothing you revealed about you shows any application to the scripture you quoted.

I have heard quite enough about both of your implications regarding "unforgiveness", that scripture does not teach.

I already have a Teacher.
Dave makes unfounded accusations and quotes inapplicable scriptures the same as you.

1 Corinthians 7:10-11 is inapplicable? Not!

Reactions: Nancy

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, whatever, that Scripture applies to you......however your story was saying it applied to your husband.

:confused:

I'm not sure what you mean. My husband is living in perpetual adultery. I'm not. I haven't looked at another man since 2001. He is still the last man I kissed, let alone...

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy and Dave L

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not sure what you mean. My husband is living in perpetual adultery. I'm not. I haven't looked at another man since 2001. He is still the last man I kissed, let alone...

I was speaking in general.
You made it personal, spoke of your husband, and now yourself.
You speak as though you are not divorced, calling him your husband;
Yet indicate, you are not one WITH Him, a helpmate to Him, he chose another, You did not leave him; and apparently are waiting for nearly 20 years for a reconciliation, that you give no indication that is his intent, nor have you mentioned having forgiven him, or moved on in being a wife of a man who shares your belief according to Gods Understanding of the purpose of a marriage.

Gods intent is for man and woman to be together, joined, as one in a union agreement that the Lord Himself is both of your First Love. That apparently was not the case for your husband.
So you have apparently concluded; you are destined to remain alone, out of fear, that God makes you responsible and unforgiveable, should you join with another WHO shares your belief.

God can not MAKE/FORCE a man to Continue building a relationship with Him and not abandon Him, any more than you can.

Learn what God does, when He has been abandoned by a man.

God Bless,
Taken

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yet indicate, you are not one WITH Him, a helpmate to Him, he chose another, You did not leave him; and apparently are waiting for nearly 20 years for a reconciliation, that you give no indication that is his intent, nor have you mentioned having forgiven him, or moved on in being a wife of a man who shares your belief according to Gods Understanding of the purpose of a marriage.

Gods intent is for man and woman to be together, joined, as one in a union agreement that the Lord Himself is both of your First Love. That apparently was not the case for your husband.
So you have apparently concluded; you are destined to remain alone, out of fear, that God makes you responsible and unforgiveable, should you join with another WHO shares your belief.

God can not MAKE/FORCE a man to Continue building a relationship with Him and not abandon Him, any more than you can.

God Bless,
Taken

This is an awful post and a slight on a godly woman. There's no care for anything or anyone here....other than to slight both God and 1st Century lady. Shameful.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God Bless,
Taken

I don't know how you can read this any other way.

11 And He said to them, “Whoever divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her; 12 and if she herself divorces her husband and marries another man, she is committing adultery.”

Last edited:

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quick question: in the event of remarriage, is the act of adultery of marrying a divorced person a single act of adultery or is it a continual act of disobedience each day they're married?

Reactions: Nancy
D

Dave L

Quick question: in the event of remarriage, is the act of adultery of marrying a divorced person a single act of adultery or is it a continual act of disobedience each day they're married?
It's an adulterous marriage that needs repented of before forgiveness is possible. There is no divorce in God's sight under the New Covenant. So divorce is an empty term and the gate way to an adulterous lifestyle for any who remarry no matter the reason for the divorce.

Reactions: LC627

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's an adulterous marriage that needs repented of before forgiveness is possible. There is no divorce in God's sight under the New Covenant. So divorce is an empty term and the gate way to an adulterous lifestyle for any who remarry no matter the reason for the divorce.
Thank you.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Perpetual adultery until turning away from the adultery.

Say a bank robber gets away with $1,000,000 then repents. Does he keep the money? No, if he does, he is still a thief.

We are living in the last church age - Laodecia. Even those calling themselves Christians are lukewarm when it comes to the fear of the Lord. They are so much vomit in God's mouth. Revelation 3.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

This is hard to judge one way or the other. A difficult question. And one that if known was only initial...people would get around it....and just repent later.

So it probably depends.

Reactions: LC627 and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hard sayings, but they are in there none the less. I would liken it to if a gay person becomes a Christian, and accepts they have to live as a celibate, but, then meets and falls in love with someone and they live together. If the gay person repented, and left the partner...they are back in God's good graces? Would not the same be said for one who continues to live in adultery? They are is nt same group listed in 1 Cor. "Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God." Very hard question you asked!

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hard sayings, but they are in there none the less. I would liken it to if a gay person becomes a Christian, and accepts they have to live as a celibate, but, then meets and falls in love with someone and they live together. If the gay person repented, and left the partner...they are back in God's good graces? Would not the same be said for one who continues to live in adultery? They are is nt same group listed in 1 Cor. "Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God." Very hard question you asked!

I'll be honest, at 25 years old this is not a subject that I've given much study to. It is discussed from time to time, but I've never experienced helping / being there for someone going through this type of situation being the age I am - so I'm just curious. @Episkopos I agree with what you said. If people knew that it was just initial then they could have the mindset of just asking for forgiveness. I then ask myself, well is that true repentance? But after repentance if they continue staying with the individual then it becomes a lifestyle of sin. Either way it is adultery and not what God desires for marriage.

Last edited: