Is Sabbath, Saturday or Sunday.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Eat your words, it might help you out a little. Let me ask you this, if God's spirit wasn't in bondage, then why did it want to leave to the new? If it didn't, then it would not have left. Yet it left, signifying it did. This means during those times it was doing what it did not desire for the sake of creation, which means at that time it was in bondage (being somewhere against its wishes). It wanted the new but for the sake of the new it had to be bound in the old for a little while
This is the best post I have seeing on this, but it ties in with this,

Mar 2:21 No man also seweth a piece of new cloth on an old garment: else the new piece that filled it up taketh away from the old, and the rent is made worse.
Mar 2:22 And no man putteth new wine into old bottles: else the new wine doth burst the bottles, and the wine is spilled, and the bottles will be marred: but new wine must be put into new bottles.

but most important this one

Luk 5:36 And he spake also a parable unto them; No man putteth a piece of a new garment upon an old; if otherwise, then both the new maketh a rent, and the piece that was taken out of the new agreeth not with the old.
Luk 5:37 And no man putteth new wine into old bottles; else the new wine will burst the bottles, and be spilled, and the bottles shall perish.
Luk 5:38 But new wine must be put into new bottles; and both are preserved.
Luk 5:39 No man also having drunk old wine straightway desireth new: for he saith, The old is better.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The bible can accuse no one it has no spirrt, no life.
True. Satan is the accuser. Anyone who accuses another without having two witnesses is siding with Satan.

What I meant was that if a person feels that they are being judged, it is not me that is judging them, but it is their own conscience in accordance with the Bible that is judging them.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
@Cooper, no harm intebted, you might want to write to the duck and tell them to get it right. let them know about Mark 16:1

Now to all those who still believe in the good friday crucifixion and the sunday morning rising of our Lord, you have been duped twice .... in the same week ... :eek: but that's ok, don't feel like the Lone Ranger, there are Millions more that have been duped by the double tongue also.

so as the british say, keep an upper stiff lip and a stern cheek.

PICJAG.
The Lone Ranger and Tonto discovered that Indians were all around them. He said, "Tonto, we're surrounded by Indians!" Tonto replied, "Who's we...paleface?"

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God gave us a NEW covenant that REPLACED the old covenant, marked by ressurection SUNDAY and a NEW life with the SAVIOUR of the world.
Which also means that the LORD'S DAY (as opposed to secular Sunday) is a day for both worship, fellowship, and rest. Thus it becomes the Christian Sabbath (for those who take this matter seriously).

Reactions: Cooper

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
True. Satan is the accuser. Anyone who accuses another without having two witnesses is siding with Satan.

What I meant was that if a person feels that they are being judged, it is not me that is judging them, but it is their own conscience in accordance with the Bible that is judging them.
Actually it could be only 1 of two things, the spirit the person who wrote is writing in, and there are some really bad ones around, and or two.

Joh 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
Joh_16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
Joh_16:9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;
Joh 16:10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
Joh 16:11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged

when we speak of our selves, it is from the antichrist, remember Peter,

Mat 16:23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

Reactions: Paul Christensen

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
but anyone can bluff himself he has spirit and life.
Only to those who are blinded by religion.

2Co 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
2Co 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

2Co 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
2Co 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
Such as television evangelists who are in it just for the money.

Reactions: mjrhealth

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The only two witnesses that cannot and never do lie are the Scriptures and Holy Spirit because they always, are in agreement. The witness of man never is in agreement with any of the two.
True! So before accusing anyone of being of Satan, we need the witness of the Spirit, confirmed by the written Scriptures that they are actually of Satan.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

No, Only those who are blinded by THEIR OWN religion. The Scriptures and the Holy Spirit both testify and convince of SIN and the sinfulness of MAN. YOURS BY OWN DEFINITION is the religion of man, of SELF-righteousness and of SELF-justification. You do not and you cannot bluff anyone but yourself it doesn't matter how tediously you keep on trying here or anywhere.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
No, Only those who are blinded by THEIR OWN religion. The Scriptures and the Holy Spirit both testify and convince of SIN and the sinfulness of MAN. YOURS BY OWN DEFINITION is the religion of man, of SELF-righteousness and of SELF-justification. You do not and you cannot bluff anyone but yourself it doesn't matter how tediously you keep on trying here or anywhere.
This is why we need to base our faith securely in the written Scriptures because they are the only authority that decides between truth and error.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
True! So before accusing anyone of being of Satan, we need the witness of the Spirit, confirmed by the written Scriptures that they are actually of Satan.
I do not care for anyone of satan's and I do not care to condemn any of satan's children. I love those who love me only and we together are God's children doing social and mental and spiritual distancing as far as possible from any of satan's infected. Doesn't sound nice? You're right; it isn't nice.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I do not care for anyone of satan's and I do not care to condemn any of satan's children. I love those who love me only and we together are God's children doing social and mental and spiritual distancing as far as possible from any of satan's infected. Doesn't sound nice? You're right; it isn't nice.
I try to give people the benefit of the doubt. If a person is a professing Christian, I treat them as such unless they demonstrate to me that they are not. I won't even accuse an atheist of being of Satan.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What I am doing is to bring the conversation back to the foundation of the gospel, seeing that this is a Christian forum.

I know I have said in previous posts that we don't have to comply with the Jewish Saturday Sabbath as a requirement, but I have learned that keeping the Sabbath Day is the fourth Commandment, along with the others; but the Scripture says that six days we shall labour and the seventh we rest. So a shift worker could work Sunday to Friday and rest on Saturday, but another shift worker could work Tuesday to Sunday and rest on Monday, so from what I see from the Scripture is that these people are keeping the fourth Commandment, because they are working six days and resting on their seventh.

In the First Century, they did not have workers working at night, nor were they working in shifts as we have with many industries and government departments today. People worked from dawn to dusk from Sunday to Friday. Sunday was a work day in Judea, so new working Jew could rest on Sunday, so it had to be Saturday.

Jesus said that man was not made for the Sabbath, but Sabbath was made for man, so the principle was that one day a week was needed as a rest day in order to provide a healthy work/life balance.
Jesus said no man can serve two masters. The Jews worship their god (this is their national god) on a Saturday. Not being a Jew myself, I worship the saviour of the world. He is One with the Father. Read John 8:44 to know about the father of the Jews.

Last edited: