Is Sabbath, Saturday or Sunday.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Actually our faith is supposed to be in Jesus Christ, and it is the Holy Spirit that attests of the truth, scripture never saved anyone.
Why <<supposed to be>> to poke and implicate and falsely accuse another 1) of NOT to be in Jesus Christ, 2) of to against the Holy Spirit attest the lie, 3) of claiming to be saved by Scripture.

You are a fake gospel propagandist, and a dangerous one to the vulnerable. It must make you feel proud.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You'll like this one too - I put it on another thread.

What is yellow and was the apostle Paul's companion?

Bananabas.
lol, where do you get this suff from?

it's great to have a sense of humor during these time of in house stay. have you consider starting a topic on christian humor, and let people post there?.

Be blessed my brother.

PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can do that. There was one on another thread and it was great!
hey, go for it, it'll give us something to read and may lift our spirits a bit. now me I read, because I'm not good at humor ok, :D I'll leave that to those who are gifted in that area.

but just a note here, God gets all the glory in allowing all of us just to communicate like this day to day, that's a blessing in it's self.

PICJAG.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
hey, go for it, it'll give us something to read and may lift our spirits a bit. now me I read, because I'm not good at humor ok, :D I'll leave that to those who are gifted in that area.

but just a note here, God gets all the glory in allowing all of us just to communicate like this day to day, that's a blessing in it's self.

PICJAG.
Clean Humour To Bring Joy In These Difficult Times

Jennifer Augustine

Mar 27, 2020
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He/She who dismisses the Ten Commandments as a relic of the past and says it is no longer binding does not understand the fundamental principles of the Plan of Redemption ie, it is because God's Law is immovable and unchangeable that Jesus suffered as he did.

Their muddled imagination has cobbled an understanding together which gives them permission to continue in breaking its precepts with imagined impunity although they do not admit this outwardly.

They dismiss the words of scripture which state that breaking one constitutes breaking them all. James 2:10

They do not understand the far reaching claims of God's Law and that it will be the standard by which every man is judged. They do not understand that the Sabbath Commandment is a regular reoccurring visible sign. Ezekiel 20:12

They do not understand that this Commandment embodies his seal. They have forgotten the many scriptures that clearly state that it will be by our works that we are judged.

They presume upon God's Mercy all the while continuing to justify violating his Commands. There is a form of Godliness but the denial of its power....the power to do God's bidding. 2 Timothy 3:5

They do not understand what righteousness consists of.

They do not understand that the manifestation of God's Spirit is the the desire, the willingness and the ability to keep his Commandments. 1 John 5:2-3

They are indifferent to the fact that it was Lucifer who set himself up against God's Commandments (Isaiah 14:12-15) and has laid plans to deceive the peoples by getting them to agree that God's Laws are restrictive and oppressive.....they are unaware that by excusing them, by circumventing them, and by dismissing them they are falling into the net that Lucifer has cleverly laid for their destruction.

When Balaam could not curse Israel overtly he resorted to undermining God's protection by getting them to break his Law.....he did it by appealing to their lust. Read the story in Numbers 22-25.
And I did not understand this post

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And I did not understand this post
Perhaps you are not familiar with the writings of the scriptures Jennifer ie, what they're wanting to convey?
If this is not true, what is it that you don't understand? If you can tell me I will do my best to make it easier.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why <<supposed to be>> to poke and implicate and falsely accuse another 1) of NOT to be in Jesus Christ, 2) of to against the Holy Spirit attest the lie, 3) of claiming to be saved by Scripture.

You are a fake gospel propagandist, and a dangerous one to the vulnerable. It must make you feel proud.
Why would it do that, your teh one thats getting mad. You could just give up your religion..... you never know you might find your freedom.

Reactions: mailmandan

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I don't see what's so important about debating between Saturdays and Sundays, really whatever day you rest on and worship the Lord, God honours, whatever time you set aside for Jesus, God honours, whether it be Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday.

Some people work on Saturdays, some people work on Sundays, think of the farmers, paramedics, firefighters, policemen and women, nurses, doctors, and also politicians putting their lives on hold because of recent and current emergencies, it looks like Scott Morrison hasn't had a break since Hawaii..... which was cut short and has been working non-stop since then, and then some people work 10 day jobs and have 4 days off, especially some that work in the mines, and that amazes me, how they even keep going for 10 days straight. :eek:

It is ideal to have at least one day of rest per week though, no matter what that day is. As our bodies aren't made to work 24/7.

Thanks for all your human and humanistic advice, but no thanks. I still prefer the whip and the yoke of Scripture only because it is not like your idealistic advice, purely human and therefore unreliable—as you admit yourself that you <don’t see>.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Thanks for all your human and humanistic advice, but no thanks. I still prefer the whip and the yoke of Scripture only because it is not like your idealistic advice, purely human and therefore unreliable—as you admit yourself that you <don’t see>.
What is it about his believing about the Sabbath that makes him a humanist? I thought that humanism is all about self-improvement. I don't see that in his post.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Why would it do that, your teh one thats getting mad. You could just give up your religion..... you never know you might find your freedom.
It's not a question of <<Why would it do that>>? It's a matter of the fact that is what you are doing. But don't stop; you supply me with appreciated opportunity to exercise and develop the skill to answer the fool in his foolishness.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The bottom line is that the Ten Commandments are God's standard for righteous living. If we come short of total compliance with those Commandments, we will be found guilty in the judgment which we all have to face when we die.

We all are lost because we all come totally short of compliance with God's standard for righteous living the Ten Commandments; there's not a snowball's hope in hell any could comply. NEVER!!! I must die and must die each day and even THAT BOTTOM LINE of the Law NO ONE, least of, I, is able to face or reach or pass the standard. IF ONE HUMAN COULD, GOD IS NOT THE OMNIPOTENT, AND HUMANISM IS THE TRUTH.

We all are found guilty in the judgement OF GOD -- no one has ever been found guilty or not guilty and no one shall live OR DIE if not in the judgement OF GOD THROUGH JESUS CHRIST. Christianity that understands THIS harder than a diamond fact long ago ceased to exist in confession, teaching and doctrine. The Christ of Christianity no longer holds the key of death. Man usurped the power over life and death, even over the grave --- or so he thinks. That's why the Law of God has no worth for Christianity at this moment in time before the Return of the Lord Jesus.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paul Christensen