Is Sabbath, Saturday or Sunday.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No, Only those who are blinded by THEIR OWN religion. The Scriptures and the Holy Spirit both testify and convince of SIN and the sinfulness of MAN. YOURS BY OWN DEFINITION is the religion of man, of SELF-righteousness and of SELF-justification. You do not and you cannot bluff anyone but yourself it doesn't matter how tediously you keep on trying here or anywhere.
Still I must say again, I didnt know Jesus was a religion,

Joh_10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
Joh_12:26 If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.

Reactions: mailmandan
Mar 30, 2020
Star
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture is supposdly inspired by the Spirit right? So then, we are to heed that which inspires rather than that which becomes inspired. So heed the spirit over scripture. If you do this, you understand that scripture doesn't limit the spirit and there is far more out there than what is written down

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Which also means that the LORD'S DAY (as opposed to secular Sunday) is a day for both worship, fellowship, and rest. Thus it becomes the Christian Sabbath (for those who take this matter seriously).

The Lord's Day - Day of Christ's Lordly and Victorious Day of Destroying the last enemy, Death and obtaining his Lordship - didn't <<become>> the Christian Sabbath-- it was, the Christian Sabbath "the Seventh Day". "For God thus concerning the Seventh Day spake .. in times past by his prophets" which "Seventh Day Sabbath of the Lord and Christ your God" received prophesied and promised "honour" of "My Holy Day .. the Sabbath" by virtue solely of Jesus Christ who, by his Lordly and Victorious Destruction of death, HIMSELF EARNED TITLE AND LORDSHIP OF "LORD OF THE SABBATH".

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Scripture is supposdly inspired by the Spirit right? So then, we are to heed that which inspires rather than that which becomes inspired. So heed the spirit over scripture. If you do this, you understand that scripture doesn't limit the spirit and there is far more out there than what is written down
Oh but it does, you would be surprised how many quote scripture and stand in complete opposition to God.
I quote teh scriptures there fore I am right, so says every divided religion upon this earth

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The cross was a time of victorious death, a negative triumph. Sin was defeated, but nothing positive was put in its place until the resurrection. The resurrection showed that Jesus did not succumb to the inevitable result of sin. The resurrection is proof of His conquest.

The cross was Jesus' victory over death, his most positive triumph over sin and evil. With Jesus' Suffering He showed that He did not succumb to sin and that sin's wages and results were not inevitable or invincible. Through Suffering and Death Jesus proved his conquest over both and guaranteed his Resurrection. With suffering Jesus defeated sin, and set sin's every debtor free. By the Sacrifice of Himself He credited and paid every account in red in full and saved every bankrupt victim of sin's whiles. The Divine merits earned through Jesus' Death were put in every sinner's place the down-payment unto the Resurrection of Life.

With his Resurrection Christ celebrated His conquest and received Lordship, Honour and Exaltation "on the Right Hand of God IN HEAVENLY MAJESTY".

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We need to make sure though, that the scripture we quote is not taken out of context and is applicable to the subject in hand. :)

Reactions: mailmandan

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

<<we are to heed that which inspires rather than that which becomes inspired.>> Except when it's YOU that becomes inspired, hey? Hey! So heed YOURSELF over scripture.

<<If you do this, you understand that scripture doesn't limit the spirit and there is far more out there than what is written down>> false spirits, sure! Free-lance <spirits> the every-day scene now a days tied and suited preachers for a farthing.

Mar 30, 2020
Star
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course you religion can't be divided because <<I quote teh scriptures there fore I am right>> AND NO ONE ELSE.
My goodness, you remind me of a little kid who makes a point in caps then spams emojies. Thanks for the laugh. Anyways, you are making an appeal to the masses. No one else does it therefore wrong. Beyond this, I have no idea what you are saying. You literally just mash characters together and call it a sentence. You might as well types sdfsdfsdfsdfsdfdsfdsfsdf since that's prtty much what oyu said

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don't see what's so important about debating between Saturdays and Sundays, really whatever day you rest on and worship the Lord, God honours, whatever time you set aside for Jesus, God honours, whether it be Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday.

Some people work on Saturdays, some people work on Sundays, think of the farmers, paramedics, firefighters, policemen and women, nurses, doctors, and also politicians putting their lives on hold because of recent and current emergencies, it looks like Scott Morrison hasn't had a break since Hawaii..... which was cut short and has been working non-stop since then, and then some people work 10 day jobs and have 4 days off, especially some that work in the mines, and that amazes me, how they even keep going for 10 days straight. :eek:

It is ideal to have at least one day of rest per week though, no matter what that day is. As our bodies aren't made to work 24/7.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Jesus said no man can serve two masters. The Jews worship their god (this is their national god) on a Saturday. Not being a Jew myself, I worship the saviour of the world. He is One with the Father. Read John 8:44 to know about the father of the Jews.

How the hell can we believe you?! In your signature line you declare this about yourself, <<My high priest, Saviour and Lord is Jesus Christ. He created the heavens and the earth. The LORD of the Israilites, Melchizedek, commanded Moses to murder thousands. Melchizedek was the Lord of Moses, but he is not my Lord or anyones Saviour.>>

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
91304414_10207638497756745_6120378514773377024_n.jpg

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still I must say again, I didnt know Jesus was a religion,

Joh_10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
Joh_12:26 If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.
There are a lot of 'religions' out there and many people out there who are 'religious, but not right with God,' yet Jesus did not come to earth just to start another religion. Christianity goes beyond that and is about a relationship with Jesus Christ. John 17:3 - And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent (which is an intimate, experiential knowledge, found only in a relationship). The term "know" implies intimate, experiential knowledge, through a relationship with Him and not merely theoretical knowledge.