Is Sunday sacredness in the Bible?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul would always go to the synagogues first in every city he went so naturally he would observe Sabbath

Paul was reaching out to the jews... the jews did the Saturday thing and were gathered one that day, so Paul had to go where they were gathering if he wanted to speak to them.

We see Christians actually having meetings on the first day of the week, the day of new beginnings

Hebrews 7:12
For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

This means we have a new high priest (Jesus) that we live under, and we have a new law (Law of Christ) that we live under.

Saturday sabbath is no longer in force because as Hebrews 7:12 clearly states the priesthood has changed, therefor the law has changed as well.

These 2 scriptures show the Apostles having meetings on Sunday, and they were being led by the Holy Spirit of Jesus tpo meet on Sunday... not Saturday

The early church met on the first day of the week for communion - Acts 20:7

Early church offerings were directed to be done upon the first day of the week
- 1 Corinthians 16:2

This scripture indicates we are not judged by the sabbath days that we observe as being holy since the judaizers claim we cannot be saved if we don't have church on Saturday and those not having church on Saturday are doomed to hell

Colossians 2:16,17
Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Saturday sabbath was one of the requirements of the law of Moses... and sadly those that try to be justified according to the OT law have fallen from grace and are no longer saved just like the Galatians!

Galatians 5:4
Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

Of course you are free to have church on Saturday, but claiming others have to do the same or they are not saved is false doctrine.

At the Council of Jerusalem chapter 15 of the Book of Acts, they had opportunity to address aspects of the OT law that the judaizers were falsely claiming New Covenant believers were required to observe such as circumcision... and they did not conclude Christians were required to keep Saturday sabbath under the leading of the Holy Spirit.

The council did, however, retain the prohibitions on eating blood, meat containing blood, and meat of animals that were strangled, and on fornication and idolatry, sometimes referred to as the Apostolic Decree

Since the Apostles were being led by the Holy Spirit... there is no biblical evidence that New Covenant believers were required to observe Saturday Sabbath.

This is also evident because Jesus never instructed His followers to observe Saturday sabbath nor did the Lord's teaching thru His Apostles require observing Saturday sabbath.

Considering all this, the modern day judaizers and the seventh day adventists are clearly wrong on this issue in trying to convince Christians that it's a sin to not observe Saturday sabbath

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Uh huh, and back in the old testament Pentecost was on the first day of the week... the feast of first fruits / pentecost! Jesus was the first born among many brethren (Romans 8:29), so it's only fitting that the Lord pour His Spirit out on the first day of the week which is the day of new beginnings which is the day the Lord started His church on.

The Saturday peoples back then (those following the law) that wanted to serve the Lord Jesus knew this so they were in attendance on the first day of the week Day of Pentecost as they knew God had brought forth the New Covenant.

The modern day Saturday peoples are really starting to sound like they have made an idol out of the seventh day thinking this day is how one enters in to salvation which is cult loony tunny la la land failing to accept and understand the New Covenant.
Yet, scripture gives us nothing on a change...

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The church has no specified Sabbath Day as God commanded the nation of Israel to have as a sign between God and Israel as an everlasting covenant. We have entered into a permanent rest.
There you go again forcing division 1. in the Church, 2. the Law, 3. God, 4. God and People; 5. sign, 6. THE COVENANT, 7. DURATION, 8. kind of RESULTING INTO FORCING FUSION, playing - FORCE-faking yourself God Creator Saviour. Etcetera ad infinitum

In a word: blasphemy.

Over against:
Scripture - Word of God : "God is One" OT; "I and the Father are One" NT
Scripture - Word of God : "My (God's) Covenant" OT; "The Gospel of Jesus Christ" NT

For me, that means, "Have nothing to do with them"; Roman Catholics are their church; their church is the Antichrist; Roman Catholics are the Antichrist.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The Saturday peoples back then (those following the law) that wanted to serve the Lord Jesus knew this so they were in attendance on the first day of the week Day of Pentecost as they knew God had brought forth the New Covenant.
So the New Covenant according to you, HERE, <God had brought forth...back then>.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
All Catholics and Dispensationalists use - ABUSE - this forum and all others, to perpetuate their heresies and defend their defiance and RAPE of Scripture and the Word of God. They never have a pure "thus says the Lord God" for the edification or encouragement or upbuilding of the Body of Christ His Church. NEVER!

Last edited:

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My brother, you speak much truth in that many have given up what the Creator made for them from the beginning, so now are left without any day to worship Him that made heaven, and earth. We must think that over..
We should be worshipping Him every day! but as for the gathering of a local assembly under a Pastor/Teacher? That should be when the church decides. we meet twice a week, and I am at the church twice more for Bible sturdies and teaching.

Traditionally gentile lands meet on Sunday, Jewish believers meet on the Jewish sabbath and Muslim believers meet on Friday. Anyday is a good day, but we must meet and as Hebrews said- so much the more as we see the day approaching.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There you go again forcing division 1. in the Church, 2. the Law, 3. God, 4. God and People; 5. sign, 6. THE COVENANT, 7. DURATION, 8. kind of RESULTING INTO FORCING FUSION, playing - FORCE-faking yourself God Creator Saviour. Etcetera ad infinitum
What does this word salad even mean?

And please explain how I am forcing division.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I see you've been reading the Book of Speculation again
funny.gif

Pentecost (also called Whit Sunday, Whitsunday or Whitsun) is a Christian holiday which takes place on the 50th day (the seventh Sunday) after Passover Sunday. It commemorates the descent of the Holy Spirit upon the Virgin Mary and the Apostles of Jesus Christ while they were in Jerusalem celebrating the Feast of Weeks, as described in the Acts of the Apostles (Acts 2:1–31)

According to the Old Testament, you would go to the day of the celebration of Firstfruits, and beginning with that day, you would count off 50 days. The fiftieth day would be the Day of Pentecost. So Firstfruits is the beginning of the barley harvest and Pentecost the celebration of the beginning of the wheat harvest. Since it was always 50 days after Firstfruits, and since 49 days equals seven weeks, it always came a "week of weeks" later.

But you claim <Does Christ repeat the Sabbath commandment? I'm so far apart from the catholic cult... one could not get further!>

GOD SEES

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My dog get my food from my table. You won't get a crumb fallen off. I'd rather kick you in the ribs, had you no lice.
Well I am glad the Lord feeds me a bangquest so I don't have to even think of yiour table. You seem an expert at hurling vomitus and ad-hominems but so far have drawn a blank as to your souls bitterness.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet, scripture gives us nothing on a change...
laughing2.gif

So sad to hear... you cannot read!

Now, there is a new house, the Body of Jesus Christ! Under the New Covenant that the Lord said would come forth, we see Jesus Christ as the High Priest. The old covenant with it’s laws and regulations have been taken away because thru Jesus Christ a new and better covenant has come in to place.

Hebrews 10:9
Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.

(God said He would make a New Covenant - see Jeremiah 31:31-34)

NOTE - Did you notice that it's God's will that the old covenant be removed and the New Covenant be established???

Hebrews 8:6
But now hath Jesus obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also Jesus is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

And with the changing of the priesthood, God’s Word tells us there is also a change of the law.

For the priesthood being changed,
there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

You wouldn't want to continue denying God's Word... would ya?

I understand if you do though because you are deeply involved in the Saturday people's social club and as such you would never be able to over come your personal pride and acknowledge what the Lord said in the New Covenant which would involve acknowledging you were wrong. Only honest people acknowledge they were wrong.

You must continue with the social club so you don't get the left foot of fellowship!

cat_got_your_tongue.gif

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I understand if you do though because you are deeply involved in the Saturday people's social club and as such you would never be able to over come your personal pride and acknowledge what the Lord said in the New Covenant which would involve acknowledging you were wrong. Only honest people acknowledge they were wrong.

You must continue with the social club so you don't get the left foot of fellowship!
BLA BLA BLA self-righteous self-complementing accreditor of BS.

A string of silly pictures someone wanted published so he she asked you to choose a few as irrelevant as the pictures Scriptures to illustrate them with.

No one else would praise you like this, so you do it yourself - that is what is so all-important---YOU.

Last edited:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Only honest people acknowledge they were wrong.

Would you acknowledge that you are wrong as well with you claim that the salvation covenant has been made completely brand new rather than the Salvation covenant has been refurbished to keep in sinc with the changes to the process by which man's sin is forgiven now after Christ went to the cross to fulfill Daniel 9:24b.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would you acknowledge that you are wrong as well with you claim that the salvation covenant has been made completely brand new rather than the Salvation covenant has been refurbished to keep in sinc with the changes to the process by which man's sin is forgiven now after Christ went to the cross to fulfill Daniel 9:24b.

Just as soon as the Lord comes down and amends His Word! thumbsup2.gif

You'll have to argue with the Lord because He is the One Who had the Holy Ghost to tell Paul to write the following:

Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.

Hebrews 8:6
But now hath Jesus obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also Jesus is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

And with the changing of the priesthood, God’s Word tells us there is also a change of the law.

For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

It's funny that the Saturday peoples can never explain this way and those that try are just admitting that they don't accept the New Covenant and are clinging to the old covenant instead.agree.gif

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Just as soon as the Lord comes down and amends His Word!

God does not have to change His word. All that He did was to change the process by which the sins of mankind would be forgiven.

This is the context of what was written where Heb 10:9 is found: -

Heb 10:8-10: - 8 In the passage above He says, “Sacrifices and offerings, burnt offerings and sin offerings You did not desire, nor did You delight in them” (although they are offered according to the law). 9 Then He adds, “Here I am, I have come to do Your will.” He takes away the first to establish the second. 10 And by that will, we have been sanctified through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

What the author of Hebrews is telling us in these three verses above is that the process by which sanctification was achieved by Christ on the cross. The first that was taken away was: - “Sacrifices and offerings, burnt offerings and sin offerings You did not desire, nor did You delight in them” (although they are offered according to the law). to be replaced by the second: - "to establish the second.[/b] 10 And by that will, we have been sanctified through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

You are missing that the process, by which sanctification is now achieved, was changed by Christ's death on the cross such that the Temple process of the sin sacrifice was no longer acceptable and that it would fade from memory.

The Covenant that God was referring to in Jer 31:31-34 was the same covenant that was entered into at Mt Sinai but the nation of Israel rebelled against within days and that Covenant was the the Kingdom of Priests, a Holy Nation and God's possession among the nations Covenant which will be refurbished like new again around 3,500 years after the initial covenanted was entered into at Mt Sinai about 20 years into our future from now. The Jer 31:31-34 covenant has nothing to do with the Salvation Covenant that Christ changed the sanctification process of when he died on the cross. Matthew 13:52 tells us that the Salvation Covenant is very ancient and has existed from the time of Adam.

This change of the Law will come into effect in around 20 years' time from now.

When the nation of Israel rebelled against God and had Aaron make the golden calve idols, there was a need to instigate a new order of priests which was not of the order of Melchizedek which was the case before that time. Each of the Princes of the tribes of Israel also acted as the Priest for the tribe in the same manner that Melchizedek acted during the time as described in Gen 14.

But this understanding is not well received by many today. When God renews the Kingdom of priests, a Holy Nation and His Possession among the nations Covenant, then the priests at that time will also act within the boundaries that Melchizedek operated under.

Christ also is our new mediator of the salvation covenant in the same manner as Melchizedek.

It's funny that the Saturday peoples can never explain this way and those that try are just admitting that they don't accept the New Covenant and are clinging to the old covenant instead.

It is so sad that people want something that is brand new rather than something that has been in existence since the beginning of mankind for our Salvation.

Perhaps the time is coming when we all need to unlearn what we believe is true to accept what is really true.

Goodbye

Last edited: