Is That "fda" Approved Seed?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GeneralJ

Oct 20, 2008
Is that FDA approved seed? I see another strategy of the enemy in this modern age that would threaten to stagnate evangelism and bring us to a stalemate in teaching the truth to those who would find Christ. In today’s modern world education has become a common abundant commodity, available to virtually anyone that can fill out a Federal Student Aid form. Any degree one could desire, as long as they are accepted to University, is literally theirs for the taking. While formal education is a thing to be rightly desired, it has become a corrupt tool for the enemy.In modern classrooms we are given a new liberty in the knowledge that we gain to use the reasoning skills God has designed for us in order for us to make “knowledgeable” decisions concerning all aspects of our lives. Sadly however in this “liberty” many have become “puffed up” in their knowledge and would bring the Truth of Gods Words under the scrutiny of a mortal education. With a great lack of humility regarding the knowledge gained in education we begin to see the “educated” “straining at gnats and swallowing camels.” 1Co 8:1 ¶ Now as touching things offered unto idols, we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth. 1Co 8:2 And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.I read in my Bible that “God is the same yesterday, today and forever,” but apparently the knowledge of this modern generation would have us to believe something is lacking in the language or intent of the Word. Indeed they would have us believe, out of the audacity of a mortal education that an infinite God cannot preserve and communicate his will through the ages. Is the “simplicity and clarity” of scripture in need of a modern definition? When Paul was addressing the “Gentiles” in the Churches he had established was it from an expectation that they had been formerly educated in Hebraic customs and literature?1Co 2:1 ¶ And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God. 1Co 2:2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified. 1Co 2:3 And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling. 1Co 2:4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: 1Co 2:5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.Don’t misunderstand I have been greatly blessed from time to time in “word studies” but in that, the definitions I mined out of Greek and Hebrew resources did in no way diminish what the Spirit had revealed prior to the study, even in the smallest regard the scriptures were shored up in light of that understanding and all the more enriched. Truthfully a word is defined by the way it is used in “context” and not by absence of context where we can pick and choose it’s meaning in order to suit our imagination. Would the Christian be convinced that a formal (higher) education is a factor in the comprehension of the Word of God, or there is a barrier of knowledge that only secular learning can enable them to overcome? In simplicity of mind do we believe we cannot be given to understand the Mysteries of God, that somehow we lack the necessary tools to discern righteousness? Why is it that God has chosen the simple to confound the wise?1Co 1:26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: 1Co 1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; 1Co 1:28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to naught things that are:The wisdom of this world and the knowledge of this world “puffs up” and would exalt itself against the knowledge of God.1Co 1:29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.2Co 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;After all, would we glory in the knowledge that we have as if it sprang from us, or any other man?1Co 14:36 ¶ What? came the word of God out from you? or came it unto you only?1Co 14:37 If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.1Co 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. 1Co 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 1Co 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.Then as the world would have it, in our conversation we are judged as ignorant concerning Gods creation. So by the standards of evil men we are measured in the light of their blindness to the truth of the Word of God. Will the righteous be judged by the wicked? Will the wicked set our mark of standard? God forbid! Wisdom, understanding and knowledge is of the Lord, none other. And we are not and will not be held to an ungodly standard, in education or otherwise.2Co 10:12 ¶ For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise. 2Co 10:13 But we will not boast of things without our measure, but according to the measure of the rule which God hath distributed to us, a measure to reach even unto you. 2Co 10:14 For we stretch not ourselves beyond our measure, as though we reached not unto you: for we are come as far as to you also in preaching the gospel of Christ: 2Co 10:15 Not boasting of things without our measure, that is, of other men's labours; but having hope, when your faith is increased, that we shall be enlarged by you according to our rule abundantly,2Co 10:18 For not he that commendeth himself is approved, but whom the Lord commendeth.True knowledge reveals evidence of God, regardless of darkened secular minds corrupt attempt to disprove God with their educations. How can those that reject the knowledge of God purpose to correct him or his wisdom? The intellectually astute strain mightily at the simplicity of the truth and stumble greatly at common sense. Armed with references of educated men they deploy their corrupt doctrines to enlighten those “ignorant Christians” who lean heavily on an ancient text. At every turn they decry the language, the history and the relevance of the Word, and would have us to believe our “ignorance” has caused us to believe in fictitious tales. True to form in every debate and conversation with the “spiritually dead” they vomit out their secular intelligence in an effort to convince us of their superiority, and that they have an educated understanding of a God they adamantly reject. In the end they admit their disgust at us for not accepting their “logic,” what rubbish! Job 12:1 ¶ And Job answered and said, Job 12:2 No doubt but ye are the people, and wisdom shall die with you. Job 12:3 But I have understanding as well as you; I am not inferior to you: yea, who knoweth not such things as these? Job 12:4 I am as one mocked of his neighbour, who calleth upon God, and he answereth him: the just upright man is laughed to scorn. 1Co 1:25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.1Co 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 1Co 1:19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 1Co 1:20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?Truly then, can their understanding and educations discover the truth of God? Can we, being educated by the Spirit of God, accept their doctrines and sciences that have no fellowship with righteousness? Are the insights and knowledge we have obtained given by University and mans understanding? Can they understand Gods knowledge and unravel the depths of his wisdom? Ro 11:33 ¶ O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out! Ro 11:34 For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counseller? Ro 11:35 Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again? Ro 11:36 For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.Absolutely not! They are spiritually discerned, given by God. So then, should we, being the Children of God, who is the creator of all wisdom and understanding, wander the halls of secular learning to find the wisdom and knowledge of God? Should we take into our bosoms fire brands of corrupt doctrines that reject God, and expect we will see Gods truth in them? In the risk of redundancy I say again, education is not evil but those doctrines of the educated that forsake God are a lie. In accepting them we have polluted the pure fountain of life given us by Christ, and have become partakers in this world’s iniquity and are lukewarm in the mouth of the Lord. In displaying this “mixing” of doctrine in our posts and letters we effectively cast a stumbling block before weaker members in the Body of Christ. In that “mixing” we also weave a confusing “web” of rhetoric unpalatable for Christian consumption. Do we honestly believe that “secular truth” that has rejected God, is neutral and objective, that somehow it has managed to find a grey area between evil and righteousness? Truthfully, if “it” has rejected God whom does it serve? If it is not for God then it is against God, there are no in-betweens, no fences to sit on, and no neutral ground, there is righteousness and there is evil.So the dilemma today facing many Christians is a challenge from the evil of this world to be educated in their corrupt doctrines, to understand the “science” of their reasoning in order to present a “logical” rebuttal. So in their replies we are considered ignorant and uneducated, and in order to “compete” intellectually with them in conversation we are buried under an avalanche of putrid information, that must be assimilated, sifted through and swallowed, so we may be considered secularly astute and worthy of intellectual debate. BLECH!!!Can’t we rest in knowing he has given us all the understanding we require for his righteous work, and know that it is true, regardless of our secular educational merits?1Jo 5:19 And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness. 1Jo 5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.Maybe we feel it’s not an appropriate amount, that what knowledge the Bible has revealed to us has been somehow shortchanged? If God is his Word, as stated in John 1, can we expect God to fill these “old corrupted bottles” with that wine? With all the glory and majesty of the knowledge and wisdom of God poured into us in full we would surely burst! Do we know everything? Not hardly, but we have a personal relationship with the one who does, Jesus Christ. He doesn’t need our degrees, our intelligence, our wisdom; he needs our obedience and a humble and contrite spirit, willing to learn from him. Isa 11:2 And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD; Isa 11:3 And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears: Isa 11:4 But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked. Isa 11:5 And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins.I digress. I am content to know, that all I need to know, he knows….you know? And that he will give me his Word that is perfect in and out of season.2Ti 3:14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; 2Ti 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 2Ti 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.God bless you richly in all understanding and knowledge,General-