Is the Biblical concept of "Truth" that abstract - definitions?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
South Point, Hawaii (Big Island)
aspen said:
it is the greatest commandment, but it is also the sum of the law. the law is just a list of methods to love others - unfortunately the law become just a list of demands, which had the love choked out of it until Jesus fulfilled by using it to serve others instead of Himself
You know, want to agree with you on this one, ie, just need to give a Biblical definition in Truth on "Love," then we're on Jesus' way together.

Old Jack on his way

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
shturt678 said:
just need to give a Biblical definition in Truth on "Love," then we're on Jesus' way together.
I am not quite getting what you are asking.

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
aspen said:
I am not quite getting what you are asking.
Thank you for your response!

God's "love" is so perverted that we need to define it again, for example, the meaning....most today believe "love" is the person "loved" (affection sort of thing)? If we could dial this in, in Truth, then I think our Lord would smile down upon us. While we' re on it, we should also define God's agape: ?

Old defining Jack
StanJ said:
Thank you for caring again!

Only a suggestion, don't ever google up the lastest gov't. census on Religions in the U.S. looking at all their diverse to extremely diverse "statements of faith" where each think they have the one valid "statement of faith"??? I'll even bet you think you also have the one valid "statement"???

I'll give you one guess as to the reason why all these diverse statments??? Gong, missed it!

Bible translations are the cause where each think their translated Bible is "Truth"??? BTW the original Autographs were Truth without one discrepancy.

And that's the truth, ol' Jack

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i have defined my understanding of Gods love as perfect, meaning selfless and demonstrated through serving God and neighbor. it is the way we were created to love before the Fall.

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
aspen said:
i have defined my understanding of Gods love as perfect, meaning selfless and demonstrated through serving God and neighbor. it is the way we were created to love before the Fall.
Thank you for your response again! Sorry for the delay, had the hospital ministery yesterday....they're making progress....great, thanking our Lord with you.

Most do miss the more important part of God's "love," and the truth of this is supressed by the antichristian's propaganda thus I don't mind making the dragon and his boys angry this morning with my definition of God's "Agape," (Not the English "Love" which waters down God's "Agape") - diluted tea with "Altruistic," "Unconditional," "Self-sacrifice," and the English "etc."). You missed the "intelligent purpose" ("Person understood") part which most do. Don't be that concerned my brother, that is, only my unpopular, inconvenient, and uncomfortable 'opinion,' ie, not the "Truth," only in the truthful direction.

God's "Agape": denotes the ardent use of one's reasoning, and knowledge, to intelligently comprehensively understand for a corresponding higher divine intelligent purpose (intelligent and purposeful agape) with action.

And that's not the Truth, however hopefully in the truthful direction,

Old Jack

Agape:

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we are saying the same thing, Repetitive Jack ;)

JayP

Jun 18, 2014
England
StanJ said:
I downloaded a new CD by Gary Chapman yesterday. Notice the key elements of The TruTh.

Last I checked only one of the crosses had anything of the Truth upon it (maybe at a push 2, but certainly not the third)

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
JayP said:
Last I checked only one of the crosses had anything of the Truth upon it (maybe at a push 2, but certainly not the third)
The 3rd cross shows the hard Truth. Unless you believe in Jesus and repent you will perish in your sin, and will not enter his rest.

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
lforrest said:
The 3rd cross shows the hard Truth. Unless you believe in Jesus and repent you will perish in your sin, and will not enter his rest.
SIGH... :(
I try but some people just don't like to play with others.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
very true, iforrest. great comment

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
StanJ said:
I downloaded a new CD by Gary Chapman yesterday. Notice the key elements of The TruTh.

My PC antiquated like me, ie, couldn't open...thank you anyway!

My simple explanation is anarthrous "Truth" carries a different meaning Biblically speaking than articulated "Truth" thus back to the drawing board to explain the former in simple terms???

Old simplifying Jack

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
shturt678 said:
Pulled it up enjoying the music,

Thank you again,

Old Jack
Dancin to FREEDOM............FREEDOM...............FREEDOM............HALLELUJAH!!!!!

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
StanJ said:
Haven't had a CD from him in years. He used to be married to Amy Grant.
Way above my headgrade, thank you!

Only wanted to bring aboard a word of encouragement in the sense that no one has enough truth not mixed with error on these forums thus when we bump into the Truth in light of IIThess.2:10b it won't apply to us thus we may enter heaven by just default even if one has a false "faith." Sounds good to me!

Old Jack going for the lowest glory in heaven.