Is the Biblical concept of "Truth" that abstract - definitions?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
shturt678 said:
Once we define Biblical "Truth," this would be an excellent core base to form our framework upon.

Old Jack
Jack my hawhyeeeee friend...............just got back from dinner.............and all agreed..........
This is my take as of 6-27-2014
I do believe God's word has been to watered down...........as your famous saying agree to agree.....well that's what all Christians should be doing.
But we are not...............it's Christian vs Christian........spiteful...hatefull......and down right stupid......I know, I know I also play this game :(

Sure their is still power in the word..............and it can be the power God meant it to be......or the power satan has meant it to be.

Just depends who is teaching who and who is listening to who......with thousands of religions and hundreds of theologys no wonder everyone is confused.

I do believe God is at the door..................His word is being so distorted....no one knows what to believe......or they just believe in anything.

Then if ya by chance you find someone who agrees with ya.....then ya know darn well your right. :)

I didn't come here to battle Christians................I find this odd actually.............my battle is with the demon possesed, the worst of the worsts....the lost who are still in satans hands.........your's sounds like hospital ministry....God Bless you.....

A lot of Christianeeeeze.........................but no action.....a lot of scriptures......that mean different things to different people.
The scriptures should mean the same thing to all creation.

There are no celebrating if a brother comes to the Lord........know one is glad that you love God...............just fight and fight and fight.

I fight back of course............................... :)

I've seen many miracles Jack in my 26 year walk with Christ.................I tell people in here and they start to dislike me.....this is all strange to me.
I do believe satan wants us all to look foolish.....even in the eyes of fellow Christians.....

But we strive on.......sharpening our swords and switchblades........
For we are truly warriors for Christ.........
Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo thanks for listening..........

i'M A BIG BOY.................putting back on my armor.........................
Father.....I thank you for these men of God in this forum.....

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
shturt678 said:
Once we define Biblical "Truth," this would be an excellent core base to form our framework upon.

Old Jack
I am one who aspires to "biblical truth" but it can become more complicated than that

For example Jesus said ... "you must be born again to enter the kingdom of God"

It is pretty straight forward for us to understand that "simple truth"

The complications begin because nowhere does it explicitly define "born again" in a way we could all agree on

Thus we end up with multiple opinions on what "the truth" actually is .

And that my friends , is the truth.

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
South Point, Hawaii (Big Island)
RANDOR said:
Jack my hawhyeeeee friend...............just got back from dinner.............and all agreed..........
This is my take as of 6-27-2014
I do believe God's word has been to watered down...........as your famous saying agree to agree.....well that's what all Christians should be doing.
But we are not...............it's Christian vs Christian........spiteful...hatefull......and down right stupid......I know, I know I also play this game :(

Sure their is still power in the word..............and it can be the power God meant it to be......or the power satan has meant it to be.

Just depends who is teaching who and who is listening to who......with thousands of religions and hundreds of theologys no wonder everyone is confused.

I do believe God is at the door..................His word is being so distorted....no one knows what to believe......or they just believe in anything.

Then if ya by chance you find someone who agrees with ya.....then ya know darn well your right. :)

I didn't come here to battle Christians................I find this odd actually.............my battle is with the demon possesed, the worst of the worsts....the lost who are still in satans hands.........your's sounds like hospital ministry....God Bless you.....

A lot of Christianeeeeze.........................but no action.....a lot of scriptures......that mean different things to different people.
The scriptures should mean the same thing to all creation.

There are no celebrating if a brother comes to the Lord........know one is glad that you love God...............just fight and fight and fight.

I fight back of course............................... :)

I've seen many miracles Jack in my 26 year walk with Christ.................I tell people in here and they start to dislike me.....this is all strange to me.
I do believe satan wants us all to look foolish.....even in the eyes of fellow Christians.....

But we strive on.......sharpening our swords and switchblades........
For we are truly warriors for Christ.........
Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo thanks for listening..........

i'M A BIG BOY.................putting back on my armor.........................
Father.....I thank you for these men of God in this forum.....
Thank you for your response and sharing!

I thought you packaged that out quite well.

The Word is watered down, however the main issue for me is most could care less during the week being careless with their forever abode - my view of it anyway.
Martin W. said:
I am one who aspires to "biblical truth" but it can become more complicated than that

For example Jesus said ... "you must be born again to enter the kingdom of God"

It is pretty straight forward for us to understand that "simple truth"

The complications begin because nowhere does it explicitly define "born again" in a way we could all agree on

Thus we end up with multiple opinions on what "the truth" actually is .

And that my friends , is the truth.
Thank you again for your response.

I see the former as actually healthy except when each think they have the "1" valid way of undergoing "born again."

Often I think about this as the former includes me as I also think I have the "1" valid way?? This is a serious "truth" issue for sure.

Old Jack's way, or God's way?
clark thompson said:
I accept the entire bible as truth.
Thank you for your response!

Not meaning to be contendious, I firmly believe the "1" valid interpretation per passage of Bible translations are perfectly inspired without "1" discrepancy proving only "1" Author, God.

Old truthful Jack

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
shturt678 said:
Thank you for your response and sharing!

I thought you packaged that out quite well.

The Word is watered down, however the main issue for me is most could care less during the week being careless with their forever abode - my view of it anyway.
24/7 here Jack.........wouldn't want it any other way....castin and blastin over here............but hey.....when Jesus is by your side.....especially when he wants to go for a ride in the new truck.........well...................it's A 24/7 PARTY
YeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Mr.Bride

Jan 31, 2013
The Southern Carolinas
There is only a minority that hold to biblical truth. Absolute truth. So many call themselves "Christians" but deny the power. "The days if miracles is past" they say. See, they don't have an experience with the Saviour. This leaves them without eyes to see His Word. Without ears to hear His Voice. Without an understanding heart.

They know the historic Jesus(which can be an idol), but not the risen and living Christ, the one true God. This mindset is a blockage that keeps them from truth.

There is also a heart of pride. Not wanting to give up or give in to Gods provided Way. They want their god. They know better than the Lord. Don't wanna be wrong. Those He loves, He chastens..True love is correction. Blessings

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
Mr.Bride said:
There is only a minority that hold to biblical truth. Absolute truth. So many call themselves "Christians" but deny the power. "The days if miracles is past" they say. See, they don't have an experience with the Saviour. This leaves them without eyes to see His Word. Without ears to hear His Voice. Without an understanding heart.

They know the historic Jesus(which can be an idol), but not the risen and living Christ, the one true God. This mindset is a blockage that keeps them from truth.

There is also a heart of pride. Not wanting to give up or give in to Gods provided Way. They want their god. They know better than the Lord. Don't wanna be wrong. Those He loves, He chastens..True love is correction. Blessings
Well said,,,,,,,Mr. Bride......................TOP NOTCH....COULDN'T OF SAID IT BETTER...OR IS IT....THAT'S WHAT i'VE BEEN TRYIN TO SAY EVER SINCE ARRIVED IN THIS LITTLE TOWN...
RANDOR.....kickin back............lettin it all soak in.....Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I've got to quit hangin out with Old Jack....startin to talk in third person

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
Thank you folks for sure! However I'm even agreeing too much hence let's raise the bar up a notch. Biblcial "Truth" is an abstract term, yet an objective reality. That is the reality of God's will, purpose, and plan centered in the Godman Christ Jesus for our salvation. The problem is this "Truth" is subjectively appropriated.

My point is we have an abstract term subjectively appropriated so how can we grab onto "Truth" keeping this as simple as possible?

Brother RANDOR is going to disown me on this one when he awakes with our Lord tomorrow - you folks have to help me on this one??? Hope he awakes on the right side of the bed.

Hate that being disowned part, old Jack the 3rd.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I never gave this question much thought. But I would just consider lower case truth to be factual information about the world we live in. Truth are facts about spiritual matters that are revealed by God.

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
Thank you folks for caring!

Although the concept of "truth" is an abstract term, we can know the truth when we base this abstract term on the objective Word of God in truth. However the subjective appropriated part is like the concept of "faith." True "Truth," like true "Faith" is not different from a false "Truth" or "Faith," eg, Satan produced faith in Eve by his lies which he dressed up as "Truth." Don't you think Satan working through his agencies doing the same with "Truth"? We can even sweeten the pot by stating there is a difference between articulated or anarthrous "Truth." Our lot is to present the truthful direction the best we can, and when most could care less - not implying the posters here - we're off the hook with our Lord not charged with indifference from heaven or lacking an agape for the truth as in IIThess.2:10b - where I was really heading with the OP.

Old Jack just yakking away.

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Special revelation
God himself has entered into human history to show us who he is and to save us from our sins, moreover God has preserved this revelation for us in the Holy Scriptures.

General Revelation
Knowledge of God, Rom. 1:18-20, “For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse.”

Knowledge of Morality, Rom. 2:14-15, “For when Gentiles who do not have the Law do instinctively the things of the Law, these, not having the Law, are a law to themselves, 15 in that they show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness, and their thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them.”

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God chooses to love even though we tend to be self centered and neglect God and others - simple, yet miraculous. knowing the scriptures is like knowing the game of chess - simple, elagant rules, but knowing the rules doesnt mean very much if you do not know how the pieces work together. You cant play chess or christianity without knowing the fundamentals, but reveling in the fundamentals without growth is burying your treasure.

also, understanding the goal is important because it guides the entire process. in chess the goal is to trap the King - all moves that a player makes without this guiding purpose in mind is wasted. in christianity it is loving perfectly - unselfishly - and the same principle is true, all moves (understanding and application of scripture) without this focus is wasted. Fear that scripture is going to become watered down is burying your treasure - it is a lack of faith in The power of God! it is also an attempt to rally people to protect the truth. this is not the unity or likemindness that god is calling us to - He doesnt require our protection.
rallying behind the banner of desiring ecumenicalism at all cost, which is depised and feared by so many on this board is no different than rallying behind the banner of hating it. the focus is all wrong in both cases. ive used this example before but it applies here - I remember attending a book study on GK Chesterton: as the session progressed and poeple in the group were contributing a lot of general information - i began to suspect that none of them had read the book we were studying.....so i asked them and they all admitted it. not too surprising for a group of eight people who worked and had families, but they continued to share......in fact, none of them had read anything by the author and this was the fourth book of his they were studying. then the full truth of the stuation hit me - this was a group of people in love with the perception the had of people who loved Chesterton. They were fans, not players - and they were meeting to have a pep rally rather than strategize about how to run the race to win.......too many christians are in love with their own image of themselves as a christians

being in love with your own image or idea or opinion of whatever group you happen to belong to is idolatry. Jesus chastized the Jewish people for their self love of belong to such a special group because it was idolatry.

We inherted the tendency from Adam and Eve. both wanted to impress others with their own image of eating the fruit.

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
Thank you folks for caring again!

Unfortunately our Lord set up one way of entering the Kingdom of God (the Supreme concept in the N.T.) His way of being a 'player.' I think it has more to do with a lack of an agape (not the English view of the concept of "love" which waters down too much) for the truthful direction creates an image by default.

My end point: "Truth" joined with "grace" denotes the saving realities in God, the Godman Lord Christ Jesus, and all words regarding the former. One has a life time to determine which of the diverse ways of being "born again" is the one way in truth.

Old Jack trying to find out now before passing.

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Look stop talking about dying!!
God will take you when He's good and ready, until then your not getting off that easy, still plenty to do, now suck it up buddy and keep on fighting!!

JayP

Jun 18, 2014
England
John 8v31-32: To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples.Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

John 14v6: Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

Jesus is the route to freedom, that is the truth of the entire bible.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obeying His commandments is loving others perfectly

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
Madad21 said:
Look stop talking about dying!!
God will take you when He's good and ready, until then your not getting off that easy, still plenty to do, now suck it up buddy and keep on fighting!!
That's the good thing for us old foggies, ie, immediate awake in top shape (bench press 300# with one hand)...you don't have the milage that I have on this old engine - pedal to the medal as an idiot long ago - I'm beyond a valve job. One thing good about Hawaii, the more they could care less about the genuine Cross, the more I care with you folks.

Old Jack even trying to sqeeze into the Kingdom of God, and that's the Truth. :blink:

Finally gave the Mortuary I set up my plans with, the slip - they want their money too, guess they're going to have to wait a while longer with you rooting for me. :)

JayP said:
John 8v31-32: To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples.Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

John 14v6: Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

Jesus is the route to freedom, that is the truth of the entire bible.
Thank you for caring!

Just so we have not "another Jesus" aboard in light of IICor.11:4.

Old Jack rechecking my - not a "different gospel."
aspen said:
Obeying His commandments is loving others perfectly
Thank you for caring again!

You mean the greatest commandent in the N.T.?

Old obedient Jack

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it is the greatest commandment, but it is also the sum of the law. the law is just a list of methods to love others - unfortunately the law become just a list of demands, which had the love choked out of it until Jesus fulfilled by using it to serve others instead of Himself