Is The Body Of Christ The Lamb's Wife?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Precious friends, I have yet to find the so-called "bride of Christ" anywhere in God's Word Of Truth.
What
I have found is the following, to the apostle John, in the prophecy of Revelation 21:9:

"And there came unto me one of the seven angels...saying,​
Come hither, I will show thee the bride, The Lamb's wife."​

Is this 'bride' the same as The Body Of Christ? Notice, throughout prophecy, the terminology used:

“He that hath the bride is the bridegroom” (John 3:29 cf. Jer. 2:32).​

“Behold The Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world”​
(John 1:29 cf. Isa. 53:7).​

“…for the marriage of The Lamb is come, and His wife hath made herself ready”​
(Rev. 19:7 cf. Isa. 54:4-7).​
Is The Body of Christ a 'woman, herself'? Please Notice, that long before The Body of Christ, was
'Created' with, and made known to, Paul, That God Refers to Israel as 'her', Correct?:

Jer_3:8 And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had​
put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went​
and played the harlot also. (cp Lam 2:5; Eze 12:19, 13:16; Amos 5:2; and 'woman' in Rev 12:4, 13)​

Is it not God's Chosen 'Nation Of Israel' who is to "endure to the end, overcoming, keeping
the commandments," according to the 'spirit of prophecy,' thus making "herself" ready for this
"Marriage To The Lamb"? Notice Christ's earthly 'prophetic faith plus works' teaching to the
lost sheep of the House Of Israel (Matthew 10:6, 15:24):

"And ye shall be hated of all men for My Name's sake: but he that​
endureth to the end shall be saved." (Matthew 10:22)​
James Confirms what Christ taught (on earth), that: "faith without works is dead" (James 2:17, 26;
cp Luke 7:29-30; Mark 16:16; Acts 2:38) to the Twelve tribes of Israel (James 1:1), Correct?:
+
John Confirms, in Revelation, to the 'synagogue' assemblies:

"Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love. Remember​
therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come​
unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent."​
(Revelation 2:4-5)​

"...To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of​
the paradise of God." (Revelation 2:7)​

"...he that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death." (Revelation 2:11)​

"I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan's seat is: and thou holdest fast​
My Name, and hast not denied My faith..." (Revelation 2:13)​
"...To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone,​
and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it."​
(Revelation 2:17)​
"I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and​
the last to be more than the first." (Revelation 2:19)​

(earthly) Prophecy / Covenants / Law for her, Israel, with "faith Plus works"

Rightly Divided (2 Timothy 2:15) From “Things That Differ” (online)

( Heavenly )
Grace / Mystery with "By Grace Through faith" For [ her, the 'bride'? ] The Body Of Christ [ Or him?]

I have searched in vain to find any of Israel's phraseology in Saint Paul’s Mystery to The Body Of Christ.
Why Is That?:

Is there not a failure in our Bible study, to distinguish between Paul's usage of a metaphor and a simile?

A well-respected theologian [F Bruce], explains :

“The confounding of the Church as the 'bride' in Ephesians 5, has resulted from not seeing​
the Figure of Speech used throughout the passage is that of Simile, and not Metaphor:​
`Metaphor’ places one thing for another. It is representation. `Simile’ is but resemblance.​
We must therefore not say when comparing one thing with another that 'that one thing is​
another." Observe the continued comparison between Christ and the Church of His Body,​
and the conduct of wives and husbands. Note the presence of simile in every instance,​
and the absence of the metaphor.”:​
“Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, AS Unto The LORD” (vs. 22).
“For the husband is the head of the wife, even AS Christ Is The Head Of The Church”
(vs. 23).
“Husbands, love your wives even AS Christ also Loved The Church, and gave
Himself for it” (vs. 25).
“For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even
AS The LORD The Church” (vs. 29).

So, is the speculation true then, that all these similes teach "one thing is another," and that:

"the Body Of Christ IS the bride"?​

to be continued...

Last edited:

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Part II
Is The Body Of Christ The Lamb's Wife?​

Where is the Body Of Christ told "she should make herself ready”? Rather, is not The Body Of Christ,
By "Grace Through faith," Already 'Made Worthy' By God Himself, In His OPERATION On us, at
the moment of faith?:

1) Accepted In The Beloved! (Ephesians 1:6)

2) Made [worthy] meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in Light!!
(Colossians 1:12)

3) Complete In Him!!! (Colossians 2:10)

Scriptural Confirmation that "The Body Of Christ" is not the 'bride' of Christ "The Lamb's wife":

What Is God's New 'creation' Under His Mystery and Grace? Is it not this?:

"Having abolished in His Flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments​
contained in ordinances; for To Make In Himself of twain One New man,​
so making Peace" (Ephesians 2:15)​
Transgenderism may be Totally Confused about this, but prayerful/Careful, and diligent
Bible students shouldn't be, eh?

Thus "The Body Of Christ" is In Christ, The Man, Who Is the bridegroom,
not the [ woman, who is the ] 'bride' Correct?

Rightly Divided (2 Timothy 2:15) From Things That Differ" (online)

Further Scriptural Confirmation That The Nation ( Twelve tribes ) Of Israel is "the bride,
the Lamb's wife":

"Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to Him: for The marriage of the Lamb is come,​
and His wife hath made herself ready. And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in​
fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints." (Revelation 19:7-8)​

Are these 'saints' not from the Holy Nation (Twelve tribes) Of Israel, the "bride of the Lamb"?

"Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to Him: for The Marriage of The Lamb​
is come, and His wife hath made herself ready...And I John saw The Holy City, New
Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for​
her Husband...Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, The Lamb's wife." (woman!)​
(Revelation 19:7, 21:2, 9)​

The Nation (Twelve tribes) Of Israel (who is Definitely associated with) The Heavenly Jerusalem!"
Notice:

"And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me​
That Great City, The Holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, Having The​
Glory Of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper​
stone, clear as crystal;​
And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels,​
and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children
of Israel: On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates;​
and on the west three gates.​
And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve
apostles of the Lamb. And he that talked with me had a golden reed to measure the​
city, and the gates thereof, and the wall thereof.​
And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured​
the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the​
height of it are equal. And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and​
four [ twelve squared ] cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel.​
And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto​
clear glass. And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner​
of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a​
chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald;​
The fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolite; the eighth, beryl; the​
ninth, a topaz; the tenth, a chrysoprasus; the eleventh, a jacinth; the twelfth [ foundation ],​
an amethyst.​
And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; every several gate was of one pearl: and the​
street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.​
And I saw no temple therein: for The LORD God Almighty and The LAMB are The Temple​
of it." (Revelation 21:1-22)​

--------------------------------
Conclusion:

The "bride to be married as the wife of The Lamb" is The Holy Nation ( Twelve tribes ) Of
Israel ( woman! ), according To God's Prophetic / Covenants / Law program, and should
not be homogenized [ Mixed Up ] with, but should Be:

The One Body Of Christ, Baptized By One [ Spiritual ] Baptism, By The One Holy Spirit, Into
God's 'Creation' Of the One New man, According To God's "Revelation Of The Mystery" To
One
apostle Of Grace! (Romans Through Philemon)

------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be Encouraged And Edified In The LORD Jesus Christ
And In His Word Of Truth,
Rightly Divided!

Amen.

Last edited:

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Conclusion:

The "bride to be married as the wife of The Lamb" is The Holy Nation ( Twelve tribes ) Of
Israel ( woman! ), according To God's Prophetic / Covenants / Law program, and should
not be homogenized [ Mixed Up ] with, but should Be:

The One Body Of Christ, Baptized By One [ Spiritual ] Baptism, By The One Holy Spirit, Into
God's 'Creation' Of the One New man, According To God's "Revelation Of The Mystery" To
One
apostle Of Grace! (Romans Through Philemon)

------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be Encouraged And Edified In The LORD Jesus Christ
And In His Word Of Truth,
Rightly Divided!

Amen.
I really liked this consideration & theme Grace!

What do you think it means that she (the bride) has made herself ready?

What makes her attractive to her groom?

F2F