Is the Great Commission for every believer?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Matthew 28:

19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

No, not in the sense of universality for every single individual believer.

1. Not everyone is commanded to go to another nation.
  2. Not everyone is commanded to baptize people.
Paul wrote in 1 Corinthians 1:

17 For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel—not with wisdom and eloquence, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.

Yes, for all believers in the corporate sense.

Pulpit Commentary:

He is addressing the eleven apostles, of whom alone St. Matthew makes mention (ver. 16); but as they personally could not execute the grand commission in all its extent and duration, he lays his commands upon their representatives and successors in all ages. They were to go forth, and carry the gospel throughout the world. Doubtless herein is implied the duty of all Christians to be in some sense missionaries, to use their utmost efforts to spread abroad the knowledge of Christ, and to make men obedient to his Law.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
il_fullxfull.2236920915_p7av-scaled-1-996x1024.jpg

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
op: Great Commission for every believer?

According To Scriptures, Rightly Divided:

Under Prophecy, Covenants, and law, with Christ known 'after the flesh':

The so-called 'Great' Commission (Mat 28:19-20 was for the 12 apostles, to go to "all the world"
beginning with Israel, and 'upon their belief', then to the "rest" of the world. However, they did
not believe, and fell (Acts 7, Romans 11:11 AV).

Thus, God...

Rightly Divided (2 Timothy 2:15 AV) From “Things That Differ!” (online):

...God Saved His apostle of Grace, and In His "Revelation Of The Mystery," we
have, for The Body Of Christ, Today, The following "Greater" Commission:

"Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we​
have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we Him no more.​
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed​
away; behold, all things are become new. And all things are of God, who hath​
reconciled us to Himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the​
ministry of reconciliation;​
To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto Himself, not imputing​
their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us The Word of Reconciliation.​
Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we​
pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. For He hath made Him to be sin​
for us, Who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God In Him."​
(2 Corinthians 5:16-21 AV)​
Are not all members of The Body Of Christ to be ambassadors, representing God and
His Reconciliation, 'where-ever' we may 'be located'?

Amen.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
The scriptures we have are the fulfilment of the gospel being preached in all the word for a witness unto all nations, and then the end shall come. ( no commission from anyone NOW, but this declared from heaven as Revelations showed)...

Matthew 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Revelation 14:7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

The end comes when the kingdom is delivered to God, the Father, when Christ the Son puts down all rule and authority and power. The Son reigns until He puts all enemies under His feet. (the last enemy destroyed is death.)..

1 Corinthians 15:24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

1 Corinthians 15:25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

The devil reveals how all power is delivered ( by God) unto him on earth, to be the prince of the powder of the air/the god of this world/ blinding the minds of those who do not believe/the spirit that now works in the children of disobedience. ( Ephesians 2:2. 2 Corinthians 4:4.)...

Luke 4:6 And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.

2 Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Ephesians 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

Israel tried to deliver Christ to the power and authority of the governor ( Pilate)

Jesus showed how the hour of Israel was come against Him, the power of darkness.

Jesus answered to Pilate, how he could have no power against Christ, unless it was given unto him from above. ( from God)..

Luke 20:20 And they watched him, and sent forth spies, which should feign themselves just men, that they might take hold of his words, that so they might deliver him unto the power and authority of the governor.

Luke 22:53 When I was daily with you in the temple, ye stretched forth no hands against me: but this is your hour, and the power of darkness.

John 19:11 Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.

Jesus is far above all principality and power, and above every name not only in this world, but also in that which is to come.

The apostles as commissioned, ( power was given to them over the enemy. Luke 10:19.) preach among the Gentiles ( to all nations) the UNSEARCHABLE riches of Christ. To make all men see what is the mystery of Christ, hid in God/all things created by Jesus Christ. To know by the church the wisdom of God, the eternal purpose, purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord. ( THIS IS UNTO THE PRINCIPLAITIES AND POWERS IN HEAVENLY PLACES.)

Jesus Christ SPOILED PRINCIPALITIES AND POWERS ( in heavenly places) and made a show of them openly, TRIUMPHING OVER THEM IN IT...

Ephesians 1:21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:

Ephesians 3:8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;
9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:
10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,
11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:

Colossians 2:15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Jesus showed He has power to both lay His life down ( as Pilate could have no power against Christ unless given from above.) and power to take it again. ( this commandment received He from His Father)

The antichrist spirit comes after the working of satan, with all power and signs and lying.

Jesus Christ took part in flesh and blood with us, to destroy ( triumph over) the devil who had the power of death. ( DELIVERING US FROM FEAR OF DEATH AND SUBJECT TO BONDAGE.)

Christ is not made after a carnal commandment, ( THE COMMANDMENT HE RECEIVED WAS POWER TO LAY HIS LIFE DOWN AND TO TAKE IT AGAIN.) He is made AFTER THE POWER OF AN ENDLESS LIFE.

Many priests before our Great High Priest, did not continue by reason of death, but this man ( the Son of God/the son of man) has an unchangeable priesthood, as He continues EVER, He is able to save us to the uttermost, coming unto God BY HIM, seeking He EVER LIVES, to make intercession for us...

John 10:18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

2 Thessalonians 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

Hebrews 2:14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

Hebrews 2:15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

Hebrews 7:16 Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life.

Hebrews 7:23 And they truly were many priests, because they were not suffered to continue by reason of death:
24 But this man, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood.
25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

Christ on the right hand of God, is gone into heaven, authorities and powers made subject unto Him.

The power of the antichrist spirits are in their mouth, serpents, to hurt men.

The dragon/devil, gives the beast, the antichrist spirit the mouth of a lion, giving him his power, and seat and great authority.

Power is given unto him ( the antichrist spirit) to his mouth to speak great things and blasphemies, power given to continue forty two months. ( the times to deceive after Christs times to gather HIs elect in faith of Him alive in power.)

The first resurrection (knowing Christ after the power of HIs resurrection. Philippians 3:10.) takes any power of death away, to be priests of God and of Christ, to reign with Him for ever. ( thousand years is as a day to the Lord/the day of salvation. Believing that now is the day of salvation/now is come salvation, as the accuser of our brothers was cast down/out of heaven. 2 Corinthians 6:2. 2 Peter 3:8. Revelation 12:10.)..

1 Peter 3:22 Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.

Revelation 9:19 For their power is in their mouth, and in their tails: for their tails were like unto serpents, and had heads, and with them they do hurt.​

Revelation 13:2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

Revelation 13:5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

Revelation 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

2 Peter 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

2 Corinthians 6:2 (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)

Revelation 12:10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.