IS THE KINGDOM OF GOD WITHIN YOU ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are counted BECAUSE THEY KEPT THE LAW.

you are missing the point that they kept the righteousness of the Law while uncircumcised. Here is a truth and why I’m still debating this with you. Whether you are circumcised in the flesh by men or water baptized by men ...it does not change how I see you which is as a brother. To clarify: if your conscience says to do those things as unto the Lord...then I’m not saying you shouldn’t do them. What hurts is while I tell you I have Faith in the circumcision of Christ and the baptism of Christ ...my not adding those other things changes your view of me and ...unless I’ve misunderstood I am a blasphemer and no longer a sister even though I have faith in the circumcision of Christ and the baptism of Christ. To you ...it is not enough for my being counted as a follower of the Word. So rituals come between us which (imo) shouldn’t be.

Last edited:

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
you are talking to someone who has struggled with obsessive compulsive disorder and washes her hands more often than she should.

Pharisaic legalism is essentially the same disorder.

Not because I think it will make me more righteous before God but simply because I don’t want to get sick.[

It's essentially no different.

Mainly I was wondering if you were saying not washing your hands made you defiled before God.

God says to etch his laws into your mind because they are for our benefit. When your hands are dirty, clean them. This is not done to establish one's righteousness, but because it is the right thing to do. It is common sense.

Becoming obsessive complusive about it can lead to health issues as well, regardless of whether they be physical or spiritual.

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
you are missing the point that they kept the righteousness of the Law while uncircumcised.

No. You're misunderstanding Paul's usage of the term. He's referring to Gentiles when he says "uncircumcised" or "the uncircumcision". In other words, it is no different than saying that the gentiles who keep the law (including the rite of circumcision) are justified. Therefore it is beneficial for them to keep the commandment of circumcision. It is not acceptable or beneficial for them to be circumcised to establish anyone's righteousness. Taht was what Paul's argument revolved around. The legalists were saying that the needed to be circumcised as a MEANS of salvation when they were already saved. Getting circumcised was a CONSEQUENCE of salvation. See the difference?

What hurts is while I tell you I have Faith in the circumcision of Christ and the baptism of Christ ...my not adding those other things changes your view of me and …

This is your assumption. It is without merit. I'm simply pointing out a logical fallacy which you continue to ignore. If you claim that Christ has made you a new creation, and then proceed to engage in wanton fornication with a football team, I'm not likely to believe your profession of faith. There is no evidence of fruit. It doesn't matter which law one selects. You've selected baptism and circumcision. Others will select the 4th commandments while others will select the 7th, etc. I am consistent in my argument. You're cherry picking which laws you're going to keep.

.it is not enough for my being counted as a follower of the Word. So rituals come between us which (imo) shouldn’t be.

Again, fornicators, liars, etc. are not counted as followers of the word. Paul explicitly states that those who keep God's law will find circumcision beneficial. You seem to think that you've been made a new creation, but then continue to live a carnal existence. You have made a profession of faith rather than a confession of faith. Only someone who is a witness can make confession. Everyone else must profess what they are taught.