Is the Logos meaningful, or meaningless? - Depends on your view of Logos.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Spyder

Jan 9, 2024
Holt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right.
The Logos (logic/reason/meaning/plan) preceded creation.
And THAT Logos BECAME flesh and dwelt among us.

/
And Yahweh "said". Because of our translations in English, we don't see Yahweh's name in our bibles. But, it is there. There is no doubt about Who created.

Attachments

• Gen 2 v4 to 8.jpg
    Gen 2 v4 to 8.jpg
    542.6 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: St. SteVen

Logikos

Jan 4, 2024
Tomball, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Back to the Logos - I believe that folks apply human thinking to the ways of God especially when it comes to chronology.

Before Abraham was I AM

By the way I love the response to 'I AM'

Yeshua 'Yes you are..'. sorry I digress

So when God collides with the created order He doesn't become subject to time.
Notice how you contradict yourself.

WHEN God collides with the created order He doesn't BECOME subject to TIME.

Time is not a place or a thing, Carl. Time is an idea. It's nothing more than a way of speaking about events relative to other events. If one thing happens and then something else happens, that's time! If God does one thing and then another, He experiences time, by definition. As such you cannot speak of God doing anything outside of time without contradicting yourself just as you've done above. That isn't your fault, really, by the way. It isn't an error in the way you stated it but in the very concept itself. No one could ever avoid such a contradiction because the very concept of "doing" presupposes the concept of time, which is just the conceptual manner in which we communicate information about the duration and sequence of events.

Take the Cross - a timeless event anchored in History yet spanning all of time.
Can you not see this flagrantly open contradiction in that sentence?

Timeless history? Really?

OT saints washed in His Blood like you or I...
This harkens to a heresy that I'll ignore for now because if God isn't timeless, this is a moot point.

Jesus offers His body and blood to the disciples to eat before He is sacrificed - surely they partake of His resurrected body and blood which has never not existed. Was it not His Blood that saved the first born at passover?
No, it was definitely NOT His blood that saved the first born children in Egypt! Who on Earth taught you such a thing?

Was not a sacrificed lamb to be eaten after being offered and not before?
Before, after, offered (past tense) - how many time words can on man use while trying to undermine the same concept?

The Logos never was not.
This much, as stated, we agree on.

The Word is the eternal manifestation of the Fathers heart realised by the Power of the Spirit.
No it isn't. The Word IS GOD HIMSELF!

There are not three God's. There are three person's in the Godhead but that isn't the same thing. The Logos is THE Creator God.

Jesus was given the Name of the Father (John 17) because they are One.
Exactly!

And so I have learned to kneel before the Cross and unload because the Cross is occurring in every moment of time.
Nonsense.

Neither the past nor the future exist except as concepts (i.e. memories, plans, etc). All that exists, exists now. The past is no more and the future is no yet.

Let God be timeless.
Let God be true and every man a liar, especially those who would have us believe in fairy tails that have nothing to do with either scripture nor sound reason.

Let Jesus the Logos be timeless.
Logos is the root word for the English word "logic", Carl. I'm not so sure He be too happy with Logos being used to perpetuate the irrational and totally unbiblical notion that God is timeless.

Jesus is beyond the gramatical rules we apply in language.
This sentence is the leper's bell of the approaching con artist who wants you to believe something in contradiction to your mind. Something that he cannot defend with any argument but must merely extend as a totally unsupported claim and then declare anyone who doesn't buy as either impious or heretical or both.

All Glory to Him... way beyond what we could ask or think.
God's ways are higher than our ways, Carl, not lower! God is not irrational! On the contrary, John 1 teaches explicitly that God Himself is Reason! That's what "Logos" means and that is definitely what John's Greek speaking audience would have instantly understood him to be saying in those first several verse of his gospel. "Logos" was the term that the Greeks used in reference to the "divine reason" that they believed was responsible for the order observed in the universe and that explained why our minds work and why things like mathematics work. It was that specific concept that John was intentionally employing. You simply don't get to use "Logos" to defend rational absurdities such as "timeless existence", which would be a durationless existence and therefore a nonexistent existence, which is obviously nonsensical and false.