Is there a higher walk for believers in Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Not everything in the bible fits the description of "theology"...or "how to get saved".

Listen.

The "running Thread" of the entire "Scriptures" from Gen to Rev, is "RIGHTEOUSNESS" and how to get it, and what its not.

Abram found out how, and Paul teaches the same.

So, that is the entire BIBLE, talking about one THING... = RIGHTEOUSNESS.

And this is found in a BLOOD ATONEMENT< in Abram's case and in "the time of the Gentiles'", were real believers are being given the CROSS of CHRIST as the WAY to receive Spiritual Union with God.

. A circular reasoning imposed on the text detracts from the biblical narrative whereas there is much that can be understood if the text is left to speak for itself.

Yes thats true.

And in the NT, the "biblical narrative" is "God's Righteousness and how you GET IT.

A.) The Cross of Christ

One would think that the biblical "doing righteousness" means "doing righteousness."

Righteousness is not something you can do.
Its what the born again believer has become as "the righteousness of God in Christ"

How to get that?

"All that call on the name of Jesus", will receive the "imputed righteousness" from God that is "The Gift of Salvation" and "The Gift of Righteousness".

I don't see how that detracts from righteousness.

Your Legalism, or your..>"here is what i do to be righteous', is not just distracting Theology, it's Cursed.

Galatians 1:8

You need to find your way out from that situation.

But I do see that thinking "doing righteousness" does not mean "doing righteousness" is problematic.

The Cross of Christ is the righteousness of God, and you can't "do that".
You can only receive it by Faith.

Or as Paul teaches.

Romans 4:4-8 """"Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. = But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his = faith is counted for/as righteousness."""

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Listen.

The "running Thread" of the entire "Scriptures" from Gen to Rev, is "RIGHTEOUSNESS" and how to get it, and what its not.

Abram found out how, and Paul teaches the same.

So, that is the entire BIBLE, talking about one THING... = RIGHTEOUSNESS.

And this is found in a BLOOD ATONEMENT< in Abram's case and in "the time of the Gentiles'", were real believers are being given the CROSS of CHRIST as the WAY to receive Spiritual Union with God.

Yes thats true.

And in the NT, the "biblical narrative" is "God's Righteousness and how you GET IT.

A.) The Cross of Christ

Righteousness is not something you can do.
Its what the born again believer has become as "the righteousness of God in Christ"

How to get that?

"All that call on the name of Jesus", will receive the "imputed righteousness" from God that is "The Gift of Salvation" and "The Gift of Righteousness".

Your Legalism, or your..>"here is what i do to be righteous', is not just distracting Theology, it's Cursed.

Galatians 1:8

You need to find your way out from that situation.

The Cross of Christ is the righteousness of God, and you can't "do that".
You can only receive it by Faith.

Or as Paul teaches.

Romans 4:4-8 """"Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. = But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his = faith is counted for/as righteousness."""
You are destroying righteousness to justify yourself because of what you believe. You are not understanding either the righteousness of Abraham...or of God.

There are bible verses about what you are doing.

Is. 5: 20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!
21 Woe unto them that are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight!
22 Woe unto them that are mighty to drink wine, and men of strength to mingle strong drink:
23 Which justify the wicked for reward, and take away the righteousness of the righteous from him!
24 Therefore as the fire devoureth the stubble, and the flame consumeth the chaff, so their root shall be as rottenness, and their blossom shall go up as dust: because they have cast away the law of the Lord of hosts, and despised the word of the Holy One of Israel.

Ez. 13:22 Because with lies ye have made the heart of the righteous sad, whom I have not made sad; and strengthened the hands of the wicked, that he should not return from his wicked way, by promising him life:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You are destroying righteousness t

Wrong again .

What "behold" is doing is proclaiming the Grace of God as The Cross of Christ. as "the power of God, unto Salvation, to all (as many as) will BELIEVE">
And this offends you, because that is what God's Grace does when it convicts self righteousness.

You prove it with every post.
And you have no choice because of what you believe.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Wrong again .

What "behold" is doing is proclaiming the Grace of God as The Cross of Christ. as "the power of God, unto Salvation, to all (as many as) will BELIEVE">
And this offends you, because that is what God's Grace does when it convicts self righteousness.

You prove it with every post.
And you have no choice because of what you believe.
When you realize you have wrongly appropriated all the lofty things you claim for yourself. That's religious pride. And you didn't read the bible verses I posted. If you understood them you would fear God and depart from iniquity.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
When you realize you have wrongly appropriated all the lofty things you claim for yourself.

That is your standard redundant nonsense response that you repeat, constantly.

You can't defend your hybrid theology, man made nonsense.
All you can do is repost it like a drunken Parrot would keep saying..."crackers, crackers' and its tiring for the members here.
Its the reality.

That's religious pride.

The Cross of Christ is the "undeserved mercy of God" that is given to the UNGODLY who repent from unbelief, and turn to Christ by Faith.

You can't earn that by your "doing righteousness" false theology.

See, JESUS.. .is Salvation, and God's Righteousness, which is WHY He is Salvation.
John 14:6 teaches you that the ONLY WAY to God, is through Christ.. and that WAY, is the Cross of Christ.

And you didn't read the bible verses I posted.

And you didnt understand them, as you are one of those who believes that to post a verse is to prove you understand it.

Not so.

If you understood them you would fear God and depart from iniquity.

Your most recent "iniquity" is to lie and accuse me falsely of iniquity.

You need some help.
Thats a fact.

Last edited:
  • Love

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's true! It's simple to do, yet a hard thing to do. No wonder Enoch moved to a cave!

I was on my way to a side job to repair someones furnace. I wanted to do a good deed for the poor people so I prayed and asked the Lord how much I should charge them? I figured give them a hefty discount do them a good turn, and I'd get something, a few bucks for myself. It was a good plan I thought.
The Lord said to me, don't chrge them anything...
I went (TILT). What? I fiugured to get something for myself....? (I dunno if I said that or just thought it) And Jesus said,
Did you not give give your life to me? Then this is my business, I'll take care of it.

I was humbled. He was right! And you're right, I didn't want to give up my control of that situation. I grew though.
I usually work for free when I am outside of my regular Job. God gave me the gift, i use it.. a friend of mine wanted me to wire up a 3 phase circuit and a 240 volt circuit for a welder and power washer. He demanded he pay me, so i said give me what ever you think i deserve.. i still did not feel right..

i feel your pain though.. its hard to let go of self and do things the way God wants.. thats part of christian growth.. the more we trust God. The more we seek self..

Reactions: MA2444 and Azim

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I sounds like that's where you are going. Better to be clothed now with Christ and be found IN Him.
I was clothed in christ 40 years ago.

But that will not get me any rewards..

I must earn them

Now you on the other hand.. You better get clothed in christ.. And stop trying to buy it.

Reactions: MA2444

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One can almost hear your brain synapses misfiring as the mind closes in on itself. Fascinating.
Sarcasm,

i guess when you can not counter the truth. Thats all you have left.

Notice how you did not prove how I was wrong.. Well you never do because you can‘T. as they say, Silence id deadly

Thank you once again for showing me I should not follow you

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are destroying righteousness to justify yourself because of what you believe. You are not understanding either the righteousness of Abraham...or of God.

There are bible verses about what you are doing.

Is. 5: 20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!
21 Woe unto them that are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight!
22 Woe unto them that are mighty to drink wine, and men of strength to mingle strong drink:
23 Which justify the wicked for reward, and take away the righteousness of the righteous from him!
24 Therefore as the fire devoureth the stubble, and the flame consumeth the chaff, so their root shall be as rottenness, and their blossom shall go up as dust: because they have cast away the law of the Lord of hosts, and despised the word of the Holy One of Israel.

Ez. 13:22 Because with lies ye have made the heart of the righteous sad, whom I have not made sad; and strengthened the hands of the wicked, that he should not return from his wicked way, by promising him life:
Your the one trying to justify yourself

stop accusing people of doing what you do.

or continue, and show the world the true you

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you realize you have wrongly appropriated all the lofty things you claim for yourself. That's religious pride. And you didn't read the bible verses I posted. If you understood them you would fear God and depart from iniquity.
lol.. Have you departed from iniquity. Are you sinless?

I love how you judge people. And you do not even know them,,

again, you just paint the true picture of yourself its all about you

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is your standard redundant nonsense response that you barf out like theological sewage, constantly.

You can't defend your hybrid theology, man made nonsense.
All you can do is repost it like a drunken Parrot would keep saying..."crackers, crackers' and its tiring for the members here.
Its the reality.

The Cross of Christ is the "undeserved mercy of God" that is given to the UNGODLY who repent from unbelief, and turn to Christ by Faith.

You can't earn that by your "doing righteousness" false theology.

See, JESUS.. .is Salvation, and God's Righteousness, which is WHY He is Salvation.
John 14:6 teaches you that the ONLY WAY to God, is through Christ.. and that WAY, is the Cross of Christ.

And you didnt understand them, as you are one of those who believes that to post a verse is to prove you understand it.

Not so.

Your most recent "iniquity" is to lie and accuse me falsely of iniquity.

You need some help.
Thats a fact.
I love how they break the command thou shalt not bear false witness

while day after day after day, bearing false witness.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sarcasm,

i guess when you can not counter the truth. Thats all you have left.

Notice how you did not prove how I was wrong.. Well you never do because you can‘T. as they say, Silence id deadly

Thank you once again for showing me I should not follow you
LOL I'm not speaking the truth so that you will follow me, I trying to get you to follow Christ for real.

Somewhere you know you are wrong, you are simply daring people to catch you in it.

But I respond on a public forum so that the arguments will reveal the truth and how people try avoiding it. As long as we think in a carnal way...your arguments make sense. But as soon as the mind of Christ kicks in...well, you wouldn't get it.

Reactions: faithfulness

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL I'm not speaking the truth so that you will follow me, I trying to get you to follow Christ for real.

Somewhere you know you are wrong, you are simply daring people to catch you in it.

But I respond on a public forum so that the arguments will reveal the truth and how people try avoiding it. As long as we think in a carnal way...your arguments make sense. But as soon as the mind of Christ kicks in...well, you wouldn't get it.
Yet you still show sarcasm. You still can not show where I was wrong in what i said.

Just keep doing it. You have done it for years fro chatroom to chatroom. No thought that you will change,,

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yet you still show sarcasm. You still can not show where I was wrong in what i said.

Just keep doing it. You have done it for years fro chatroom to chatroom. No thought that you will change,,
Actually you are following me...trying to spoil my threads...by crowing things that detract from the topic at hand. Since you can't actually discuss things based on the bible you attack me personally...like others do here. I can handle the negativity...but some here are trying to understand the truth. So you will have to answer for that...and all here who have no fear of the Lord. That's not a good thing.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
New Podcast! Take the time to investigate the deeper ramifications of the gospel.
I am in agreement that we have been translated and we have eternal life. But there are some issues with your video I would like to discuss.

First of all, you bring up 1 Cor. 1:10 and speak of the Churches division today - out of context, which was about Christ crucified. The modern churches do not have any problem about the teaching, Christ crucified. We have other problems as they did in the letters to the seven churches. Try reading verses 12 & 13! Paul is being specific about their division and this is it: There were quarrels about who to follow, Paul, Apollos, Peter or Jesus. Paul corrects them: "Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized into the name of Paul? NO. Christ is our focus. We are all to be united in following Christ. Then he goes on to say the Jews look for signs and the Greeks look for wisdom. God has made fools of them and so we preach Christ crucified - a stumbling block for Jews and Gentiles.
Then you go on and say we must enter into Christ. We are in Christ as the Father was in Christ and Christ was in the Father. You claimed that "holiness is about location ... where Jesus is.". The Spirit dwells in us, so we walk in the Spirit, here on earth.
Do you believe that Jesus is God? Because if you don't, that is your problem. Jesus is omniscient, He is God and is everywhere. He said, where two gather and pray, there I will be among you.
Then you go again and say God's righteousness is not imputed to us. Jesus righteousness is His fulfilling the requirements of the Law for us, it was His work. We can not be righteous until He lives in us and then God works through us. All good works are Him working through us and of course with our cooperation. But He gets the credit. Righteousness was Him fulfilling the Law with perfection, without sin. So His perfection is imputed to us, spiritually.
You are also misinterpreting Paul in 2 Cor. 5:9, as if it applies to our walk.
When Paul discusses being absent the body is to be present with the Lord, He is talking about after one dies. You are absent the body when you die and go to be with God (present with the Lord). He desired this, but remained alive for our sake, to spread the Gospel.
Also you mention Eph. 5:14 as if it is speaking to Christians. This is a referemce to unbelievers, who are dead, asleep. He says wake up and Christ will shine on you. The Light exposes darkness, (those who live in darkness).

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually you are following me...trying to spoil my threads...by crowing things that detract from the topic at hand. Since you can't actually discuss things based on the bible you attack me personally...like others do here. I can handle the negativity...but some here are trying to understand the truth. So you will have to answer for that...and all here who have no fear of the Lord. That's not a good thing.
Oh I have been discussing..

Anyone who trys to understand the truth will see you for who you are. i am just here to help them

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am in agreement that we have been translated and we have eternal life. But there are some issues with your video I would like to discuss.

First of all, you bring up 1 Cor. 1:10 and speak of the Churches division today - out of context, which was about Christ crucified. The modern churches do not have any problem about the teaching, Christ crucified. We have other problems as they did in the letters to the seven churches. Try reading verses 12 & 13! Paul is being specific about their division and this is it: There were quarrels about who to follow, Paul, Apollos, Peter or Jesus. Paul corrects them: "Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized into the name of Paul? NO. Christ is our focus. We are all to be united in following Christ. Then he goes on to say the Jews look for signs and the Greeks look for wisdom. God has made fools of them and so we preach Christ crucified - a stumbling block for Jews and Gentiles.
Then you go on and say we must enter into Christ. We are in Christ as the Father was in Christ and Christ was in the Father. You claimed that "holiness is about location ... where Jesus is.". The Spirit dwells in us, so we walk in the Spirit, here on earth.

Not so fast. Naming and claiming doesn't produce holiness. We have been given a free sample of grace in order to seek Christ and His kingdom realm. Of course few will enter in.

BTW thanks for listening to the video. I don't suppose you liked it or subscribed...
Do you believe that Jesus is God? Because if you don't, that is your problem. Jesus is omniscient, He is God and is everywhere. He said, where two gather and pray, there I will be among you.

If I said that if you are on drugs that drugs are your problem...would that be a fair assessment? Jesus is God. So is that a problem?
Then you go again and say God's righteousness is not imputed to us.

of course not. God isn't looking at you and remarking that you just happen to have the same level of righteousness that He has. No one is righteous as God is...not even you.
Jesus righteousness is His fulfilling the requirements of the Law for us, it was His work.

No. WE fulfill the requirements of the law through Him. You are unlearned in the gospel.

"That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit." Rom. 8:4

For your scheme to work it would have to say....might be fulfilled in Christ. Are you understanding the words I'm speaking to you? I didn't think so. Indoctrination is a serious impediment to the truth.

We can not be righteous until He lives in us and then God works through us. All good works are Him working through us and of course with our cooperation. But He gets the credit. Righteousness was Him fulfilling the Law with perfection, without sin. So His perfection is imputed to us, spiritually.

No. We enter into His perfection by entering into Christ and His life as we are crucified in the outer man...thus liberation the inner man to serve Him.
You are also misinterpreting Paul in 2 Cor. 5:9, as if it applies to our walk. When Paul discusses being absent the body is to be present with the Lord, He is talking about after one dies. You are absent the body when you die and go to be with God (present with the Lord). He desired this, but remained alive for our sake, to spread the Gospel.

Logic alert. How can we be acceptable in our behaviour when we are physically dead? You have to give this some thought...any thought.
Also you mention Eph. 5:14 as if it is speaking to Christians. This is a referemce to unbelievers, who are dead, asleep. He says wake up and Christ will shine on you. The Light exposes darkness, (those who live in darkness).
No Paul is writing to the Ephesian believers. A simple look at Ephesians 1 will enlighten you.

In conclusion you need to start over with reading the bible...and NOT listen to whoever has taught you this nonsense.

Peace

Last edited:

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To exercise our faith we merely need obey, and that is how we walk in the Way.

I've always loved this passage:

Jeremiah 6:16 KJV
Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.

Some translate this, "ask for the eternal path".

Don't just start down a path, stand there, look at the paths, and ask . . . which is the ancient path? Which is the good way? Walk in it, and find rest for your souls.

Jesus is the Way.

Matthew 11:28-30 KJV
28) Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29) Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30) For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Much love!
Paul expands on the way in the book of Hebrews.
By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;
— Hebrews 10:20

Reactions: marks

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not right. If you are walking in the righteousness of God then you cannot sin. Don't believe the reformers who make the "spirit" to be less than the flesh. God is Spirit. IS He less than humans?

Reformers? I dunno about that, but the spirit is not less than the flesh. When the Lord looks upon us, He see us in Spirit. But this is not our flesh.

You are only righteous in spirit? That's a false doctrine that causes people to be rejected by speaking against the Spirit. Grace is not something common that the flesh can wipe its feet on.

Romans 7:19-20
19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.../KJV

In other words, sin that dwelleth within the flesh. So the flesh has the capacity to sin and will sin if given the chance, but has our spirit sinned? No.
So while we are not yet perfected, we will be in the near future.

How long can you go without sinning? One day? 12 hours? Is it possible to be sin free on earth?

• Love

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The doctrine so many espouse is so poor and self-serving. No fear of the Lord, just a smug self-assurance based on a self-confirmation. And to top it off they say that I'm the one with wanky doctrine. The nerve. Ah, but the bible says that in these times that sound doctrine would not be endured. And that Jesus would not find faith anymore. So there's that. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.