Is there a higher walk for believers in Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Faith is what pleases God....Faith is a gift from God a manifestation of the Spirit, faith that can move mountains.

I believed in Jesus ,because God brought me to that place, I also received the gift of Faith, the faith that can move mountains....it started off as a seed ( obviously Gods seed) ..it’s done nothing but grow and grow and continues to grow....because my faith came from Gods seed....his Living word.

Hebrews 11:6​

“But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.”

We are translated into God’s Kingdom, when we become Born Again of imperishable seed.

We have been translated from death to life..

A Born Again is in the Kingdom of God..we are in Christ, we were blood bought...
We are in Gods Spiritual realm here on earth ..as soon as we became Born Again....we seek him with all our heart....
My sins were forgiven when he brought me to believe in Jesus, when he brought me to repentance/ Godly sorrow....a Born Again is now right before God , we are his adopted children...

Colossians 1:13-17 KJV​

who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: in whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: for by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: and he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

KJV: King James Version

1 John 3:14
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love each other. Anyone who does not love remains in death.

We love because God first loved us...anyone who does not love are still in darkness and sin....they don’t have the seed of God Living in their hearts.

I believe this higher walk you talk of, is seeking God’s heart that’s in us....when we seek God with all of our hearts....then God most definitely reveals more of himself to us.

Draw close to God and he will draw close to you.

Just my thoughts Epi.

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When the Son of Man returns will He find faith on the Earth? Not human religious beliefs, creeds and dogmas. These have multiplied to the detriment of faith. Faith takes us to the higher walk...the walk that is IN Christ. In Him is no sin.

Azim

Sep 25, 2020
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thank you for the video Episkopos. There was a lot to unpack, but very informative. Also, thanks for pointing out it takes a conscious decision on our part to enter out of the higher walk.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As the Lord wills, He will cause us to walk in whatever way He wishes. And it may be that we do something to cause it to stop, and it may be that the Lord according to His Own plan may give us a greater sanctification for a time. I think the key to understanding these things is to understand that each of us have our own unique relationship with God, and He knows what is right for me.

Experiences can be very powerful, but we have to be careful that they don't unduly sway our understanding of the Scriptures, which are there to, among other reasons, keep us from error. So we have to be careful to interpret our experiences by Scripture, and not the other way around.

God's understanding and wisdom is so much greater than ours that we cannot bridge the gap. His ways truly are not our ways, and we have to accept that with a trusting heart, trusting Him, that He loves us, has committed Himself to us, and does what is right for us.

There is, I believe, ALWAYS a higher walk for a Christian, Paul's words will always remain true for us as they were for Paul himself, we are forgetting what is behind us, leaning into what is ahead of us, into that upward calling.

God does amazing and wonderous things in our lives, even affecting holiness and righteousness and great work done, and it's easy to long for those days, when it all just "came", when every thought was love and service and joy and communion with God.

But consider a moment . . . Paul wrote,

1 Corinthians 9:14-19 KJV
14) Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.
15) But I have used none of these things: neither have I written these things, that it should be so done unto me: for it were better for me to die, than that any man should make my glorying void.
16) For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!
17) For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.

18) What is my reward then? Verily that, when I preach the gospel, I may make the gospel of Christ without charge, that I abuse not my power in the gospel.
19) For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.

Not that Paul didn't want to preach the Gospel, that's not what he's saying here. But God committed to Paul a dispensing of the Gospel, and so for Paul to preach the Gospel gives him no reward. Did you catch that? So when God is supernaturally moving in me to effect my sanctification, my walking in the Spirit, what is my reward? I have none, God has done it through me.

Paul, not willing to be without reward, determined to not avail himself of his right to be supported by others being an Apostle, instead to work himself, even supporting those who traveled with him, to gain even more converts.

I personally believe God gave me such an experience to show me the Spirit life, so I know what real, and that even as badly damaged as I am, to know it's possible. God was showing me the goalposts for faith, but He wasn't going to carry the ball all the way down the field for me, He wants me to score the goal.

He wants me to use my faith. To believe His Word.

Much love!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
As the Lord wills, He will cause us to walk in whatever way He wishes. And it may be that we do something to cause it to stop, and it may be that the Lord according to His Own plan may give us a greater sanctification for a time. I think the key to understanding these things is to understand that each of us have our own unique relationship with God, and He knows what is right for me.
Agreed. But the reason why I use so many bible verses in my podcasts (22 this time) is to show what the bible is telling us about what is available and can be experienced by each of us. God is offering something to us with the gospel. It's up to our faith and love and hope and our perceived NEED of God who deeply we can embrace it.
Experiences can be very powerful, but we have to be careful that they don't unduly sway our understanding of the Scriptures, which are there to, among other reasons, keep us from error. So we have to be careful to interpret our experiences by Scripture, and not the other way around.

God backs up His word. Being filled with the Spirit is by the word. Faith comes by hearing. As we hear the gospel faith is quickened in us (or not).
God's understanding and wisdom is so much greater than ours that we cannot bridge the gap. His ways truly are not our ways, and we have to accept that with a trusting heart, trusting Him, that He loves us, has committed Himself to us, and does what is right for us.

That's where you don't see the danger in assuming and presuming. The Laodiceans were convinced they were doing great. I think it's safe to enjoy walking in His supernatural love. I don't think its as wise to assume that we are walking in His pleasure without the fruit of the Spirit in our lives.
There is, I believe, ALWAYS a higher walk for a Christian, Paul's words will always remain true for us as they were for Paul himself, we are forgetting what is behind us, leaning into what is ahead of us, into that upward calling.

If that was accepted to be true then more would be interested in what I have to say. Sadly, most think they are the epitome of Godly experience based on their teaching/indoctrination. So these are against faith...taking things personally against a puffed up religious ego.
God does amazing and wonderous things in our lives, even affecting holiness and righteousness and great work done, and it's easy to long for those days, when it all just "came", when every thought was love and service and joy and communion with God.

God is the God of the present. Eternity is always now. We can go to God right now...by faith!
But consider a moment . . . Paul wrote,

1 Corinthians 9:14-19 KJV
14) Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.
15) But I have used none of these things: neither have I written these things, that it should be so done unto me: for it were better for me to die, than that any man should make my glorying void.
16) For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!
17) For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.

18) What is my reward then? Verily that, when I preach the gospel, I may make the gospel of Christ without charge, that I abuse not my power in the gospel.
19) For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.

Not that Paul didn't want to preach the Gospel, that's not what he's saying here. But God committed to Paul a dispensing of the Gospel, and so for Paul to preach the Gospel gives him no reward. Did you catch that? So when God is supernaturally moving in me to effect my sanctification, my walking in the Spirit, what is my reward? I have none, God has done it through me.

God loves faith and is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. It is better to please Him than to disappoint Him or stir up His wrath.
Paul, not willing to be without reward, determined to not avail himself of his right to be supported by others being an Apostle, instead to work himself, even supporting those who traveled with him, to gain even more converts.

I personally believe God gave me such an experience to show me the Spirit life, so I know what real, and that even as badly damaged as I am, to know it's possible. God was showing me the goalposts for faith, but He wasn't going to carry the ball all the way down the field for me, He wants me to score the goal.

He wants me to use my faith. To believe His Word.

Much love!
Amen.
James 1:2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into divers temptations;
3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith works patience.
4 But let patience have her perfect work, that you may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You were doing well right up to here . . .

That's where you don't see the danger in assuming and presuming. The Laodiceans were convinced they were doing great. I think it's safe to enjoy walking in His supernatural love. I don't think its as wise to assume that we are walking in His pleasure without the fruit of the Spirit in our lives.

Do you see where you are pre-supposing something here? Assuming, presuming, mis-using, you should not do any of these.

Safe to enjoy walking in His supernatural love, absolutely YES!!! Is that not the best thing in life to experience? To walk in God's love? Absolutely YES and AMEN!!!

I don't know that it's wise to ever assume we are pleasing to God, even if we find we have in that moment a positive opinion of ourselves. We have perceptions of ourselves, and we form opinions from those perceptions, and does our opinion of necessity reflect God's judgment?

Certainly to be bearing fruit pleases our Lord!

If that was accepted to be true then more would be interested in what I have to say. Sadly, most think they are the epitome of Godly experience based on their teaching/indoctrination. So these are against faith...taking things personally against a puffed up religious ego.

I don't really see this though in the Christians whom I personally know.

God loves faith and is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
Yes, this is my point.

James 1:2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into divers temptations;
3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith works patience.
4 But let patience have her perfect work, that you may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.
And yes, I believe God is working this in all His children.

Much love!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus said "blessed are those that have not seen, but yet have believed"

Going to Church and being surrounded by believers, is not as hard as being watched by God and converting by faith (without the presence of believers) - therefore there are some whose faith is greater than others.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said "blessed are those that have not seen, but yet have believed"

Going to Church and being surrounded by believers, is not as hard as being watched by God and converting by faith (without the presence of believers) - therefore there are some whose faith is greater than others.
Our walk is by faith, and not by sight.

Much love!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"For thus says the LORD unto the house of Israel, Seek me, and you shall live:" Amos 5:4

Live how? It means to discover an eternal kind of life. Jesus said to seek, ask, and knock. And we are to seek first the kingdom of God. Without that seeking....earnest seeking , we will never know what kingdom life is. Jesus said "I am the way, the truth, and the life. Many will try (not in our time) to enter into the narrow gate and be unable to enter in. It requires a diligent seeking to do so. One that requires faith.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
As the Lord wills, He will cause us to walk in whatever way He wishes. And it may be that we do something to cause it to stop, and it may be that the Lord according to His Own plan may give us a greater sanctification for a time. I think the key to understanding these things is to understand that each of us have our own unique relationship with God, and He knows what is right for me
What is a greater sanctification?

Or do you mean God gives us a better understanding of scripture?

Not being confrontational...if I don’t ask questions, I won’t know what one is saying....thanks marks,xx

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Not being confrontational...if I don’t ask questions, I won’t know what one is saying....thanks marks,xx
This idea of a "greater sanctification" comes from an errant understanding of holiness. One does not become MORE holy or less holy. One is either holy or not. It's like being pregnant. No one becomes half-pregnant. That should be obvious. There is no sinful holiness.

What I see is that the modern church, because of false doctrines...does NOT seek the Lord and does not know holiness at all. The very idea of seeking God until He is found is hated in our time...even by those who profess to have an intimate relationship with Him.

Where the Lord is is holy. We are to seek the Lord in order to be found IN Him. In Him is no sin.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Episkopos
Interesting topic, thanks.

Question:
Doesn't the key verse (Col 1:13) say that He "has translated us", not "will translate us"?
Meaning WE ARE translated (past tense) into the kingdom through faith.

Makes me wonder if the higher walk has to do with our OWNING this
kingdom IDENTITY as having been translated into the kingdom.
Our life is as citizens and ambassadors in this land.

I agree that we have eternal life in the here and now. We have already begun.

/

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Episkopos

Question:
Doesn't the key verse (Col 1:13) say that He "has translated us", not "will translate us"?

/
Amen, this is called walking with the spirit.. or seeking things of the spirit. it is living our new identity in Christ.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Episkopos

Question:

We have access into the kingdom realm...not a guarantee. Most have no idea about what the gospel is about...thinking it is a way to save the flesh and sinful humanity IN their sins.

Ephesians 3:12 In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

Ephesians 2:18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

Romans 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

We have access to the Father and the heavenly kingdom realm by faith. Jesus said that even among those who tried very few would be able to pass through. You can extrapolate that to people who don't even try.

/
Not so fast. There is no "positional" spiritualization that is biblical. That would be like every bride taking the "positional" position that they are already pregnant...because they are now married. Being married and being pregnant are two separate things. Having a deposit of grace and being filled with the Spirit are very different. (I've even given them different colours to prove my point! ;) )

A seed and a plant are related...but they are not the same thing. A seed potentially becomes a plant IF the conditions are met. In the hard ground of this world very few seeds become plants.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A seed and a plant are related...but they are not the same thing. A seed potentially becomes a plant IF the conditions are met. In the hard ground of this world very few seeds become plants.
Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit. He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal. If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour. (John 12:24-26)

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have access into the kingdom realm...not a guarantee. Most have no idea about what the gospel is about...thinking it is a way to save the flesh and sinful humanity IN their sins.

Ephesians 3:12 In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

Ephesians 2:18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

Romans 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

We have access to the Father and the heavenly kingdom realm by faith. Jesus said that even among those who tried very few would be able to pass through. You can extrapolate that to people who don't even try.

Not so fast. There is no "positional" spiritualization that is biblical. That would be like every bride taking the "positional" position that they are already pregnant...because they are now married. Being married and being pregnant are two separate things. Having a deposit of grace and being filled with the Spirit are very different. (I've even given them different colours to prove my point! ;) )

Works based, No better than the jews..

Its all about me, not about Christ.

If people can not see this,, Well. I feel sorry for them

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I mean a more consistent walk in the Spirit. I think it's common that we at times do and at times do not walk in the Spirit, but God is able to cause us to walk in the Spirit according as He wishes.

Much love!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Works based, No better than the jews..

Its all about me, not about Christ.

If people can not see this,, Well. I feel sorry for them
You can't have salvation without fruit.... You can't have Ephesians 2:8-9 while ignoring verse 10. If there is no fruit in the tree it is cut off. Christ in us produces those fruit, not me. The fruit of the Spirit are a sign of life saving faith. The Natural response of God's grace is a changed and transformed life (AKA progressive sanctification) Add to your faith, virtue, to virtue patience etc (2 Peter 1:5-10) Read that passage carefully, the final step in that journey is Agape Love... total selfless love, God's love perfected in us. (1 John 2:5)

This is the higher walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.