Is there any solution, to the web browser loading blank "ads" (with no close button) - besides simply reloading the page (its annoying)?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi there,

So every so often I click a link to a thread and a page called "google, vignette" loads with a blank screen and no close button.

If I click back and then forward again, the problem goes away (temporarily), but its really annoying.

Other times it just takes forever to load the ads, for which I have to go back and forward again.

Just wondering, what could be done? Like is there something in cookies, that needs to be toggled or do I subscribe to the board or something?

Thanks for your help.

-Gottservant

liafailrock

Jul 4, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi there,

So every so often I click a link to a thread and a page called "google, vignette" loads with a blank screen and no close button.

If I click back and then forward again, the problem goes away (temporarily), but its really annoying.

Other times it just takes forever to load the ads, for which I have to go back and forward again.

Just wondering, what could be done? Like is there something in cookies, that needs to be toggled or do I subscribe to the board or something?

Thanks for your help.

-Gottservant
Do you have an ad blocker? To be honest, I never knew that this site had ads until I turned off my uBlock reading your post here and sure enough ads from google come up. Now I use either Linux or Chrome OS and either Firefox or Chrome browsers. While the problem is probably from this site, if one uses Microsoft or edge browsers then it's hard to differentiate between what is "out there" vs adware on the computer going bonkers. But yeah, if you are running operating systems like mine, then we can automatically assume it's not the PC but rather the forum and what's "out there". You may have to experiment with different browsers or ad blockers.

As a side note here, I'm on a "freebee" forum that in order to operate, they have advertising. My blocker gets rid of the worst, but I noticed every link I type into the forum or any link I click on that forum has a redirect viglink.com to it added by the forum software. If I click on some of those links, my uBlock does not like it and gives me a warning message. So to go to the site I have to either turn off the ad blocker or bypass it. That's a pain, too. The administrator clams it does not happen to her but it does on my end, so I don't think she understands how they add that sort of stuff in and depending on what people are running it can be a a pain.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So far the ad blockers in the Microsoft Edge and FireFox browsers have cleaned up the problem when I access the site from my laptop. However, if I use my iPhone, Safari doesn't seem to be able to block the ads. I've looked at some third party ad-blockers, but I haven't seen one that I would trust yet.

What platform are you using? PC or mobile phone?

Last edited:

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So far the ad blockers in the Microsoft Edge and FireFox browsers have cleaned up the problem when I access the site from my laptop. However, if I use my iPhone, Safari doesn't seem to be able to block the ads. I've looked at some third party ad-blockers, but I haven't seen one that I would trust yet.

What platform are you using? PC or mobile phone?
Who me? It's a laptop.

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi there,

Thanks for your help.

-Gottservant
An Ad Block extension. I never see ad's or popups.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm nervous about using foreign software.

Any recommendations for a blocker, that doesn't have unwanted side effects?

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Click on the three dots in the right hand corner. Scroll down the menu and select "settings". Select "Cookies and site permissions". Select "Christianity Board". "Pop ups and Redirects" should be set to "Block". "Intrusive Ads" should be set to "Block".

Under "Privacy, search, and services", I have "Basic" turned on.

Reactions: Gottservant

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Click on the three dots in the right hand corner. Scroll down the menu and select "settings". Select "Cookies and site permissions". Select "Christianity Board". "Pop ups and Redirects" should be set to "Block". "Intrusive Ads" should be set to "Block".

Under "Privacy, search, and services", I have "Basic" turned on.
Ok I think I turned "intrusive ads" for this site, off.

Thanks for your help!

liafailrock

Jul 4, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok I think I turned "intrusive ads" for this site, off.

Thanks for your help!
Glad others could help you here. In your case it was with your computer, at least the settings. It's as I predicted in my earlier post, although I'm not any good with Microsoft or Edge as I got rid of those things long ago due to the problematic nature of them.

• Love
Reactions: The Learner

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Glad others could help you here. In your case it was with your computer, at least the settings. It's as I predicted in my earlier post, although I'm not any good with Microsoft or Edge as I got rid of those things long ago due to the problematic nature of them.
We need an winner icon

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What can I replace AVG with, it is blocking Brave and pop ups from it are annyoning.

whitemorning

Nov 18, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It appears you're experiencing issues with page loading and encountering a "google, vignette" screen. You can try resolving this by clearing your browser's cache and cookies, disabling ad-blocking software, checking browser settings, or trying a different web browser. If problems persist, consider reaching out to the website administrator for assistance. Additionally, you may consider utilizing real estate virtual assistant services usa to streamline administrative tasks and enhance website performance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gottservant