Is this a digital illusion?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This life is nothing but a test. The more I read the Bible the more it seems like this whole world/universe could be a digital illusion or something similar. Like a video game.

If you think of God like a giant computer it kind of makes sense that he can be everywhere all at once. Omnipresent. Now I am not saying he is a computer, I am just using that as an example to show his omnipresence.

It is inconceivable to imagine the heavens being rolled up like a scroll and a new earth and heavens appear. But if it is digital I can see how it could happen. Like the matrix movie.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This life is nothing but a test. The more I read the Bible the more it seems like this whole world/universe could be a digital illusion or something similar. Like a video game.

If you think of God like a giant computer it kind of makes sense that he can be everywhere all at once. Omnipresent. Now I am not saying he is a computer, I am just using that as an example to show his omnipresence.

It is inconceivable to imagine the heavens being rolled up like a scroll and a new earth and heavens appear. But if it is digital I can see how it could happen. Like the matrix movie.

Reactions: Mantis

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

DNA is digital, like a computer program designed to produce a life form after its programming. So perhaps life is digital and we are all quantum mechanical creatures, animals included.

Reactions: marks and Mantis

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was listening to Chuck Missler the other day. He is a preacher that is about the smartest guy I have ever heard. He was discussing how scientists say there are at least ten dimensions that we cannot perceive and how this reality is a digital illusion. For those who have not heard him I highly suggest listening to him. God gave that man a brain that is something else! I hear his sermons on CSN radio all the time. They are probably available online somewhere.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Mantis I know that if we have 3 dimensions which are x,y,z and a 4th dimension, the three dimensions may be at a huge distance from other three dimensional sets along that 4th axis. It's like having two people and they can occupy the same space in all three dimensions but if the 4th dimension has some distance between them then they don't collide.

Interesting stuff. I don't believe all that extra dimensional stuff that scientists are currently preaching. But I do think heaven might be in some other dimension. I just don't trust scientists to tell me about it accurately.

Reactions: Mantis

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I was listening to Chuck Missler the other day. He is a preacher that is about the smartest guy I have ever heard. He was discussing how scientists say there are at least ten dimensions that we cannot perceive and how this reality is a digital illusion. For those who have not heard him I highly suggest listening to him. God gave that man a brain that is something else! I hear his sermons on CSN radio all the time. They are probably available online somewhere.
Hi @Mantis; I also like Hebrews 11 on the nature of faith and understanding Creation......... It's good that there are preachers around that declare the Word faithfully.