Is this a prophetic fulfillment? Fig tree prophecy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We think a lot of things were told us by the Holy Spirit. But you need to go back to the drawing board. Your doctrine of the generation that Jesus spoke of is incorrect. Jesus was speaking of the generation that would see *all these things.* And the things he spoke of were things in his own generation that portended the coming of the fall of Jerusalem. They would see every stone of the temple taken down. That doesn't sound in the least like witnessing the Return of Christ.

I'm not hostile about it. I just want you to know the truth as I've seen it. Take care...
Jesus spoke of the present and the future...an example is when they all sat at the Passover...Jesus was speaking of a future event that would take place in that present generation.....He also reconciled past prophesy with the present....example when He said this ..
Luke 4 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹⁶ And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.
¹⁷ And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,
¹⁸ The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
¹⁹ To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
²⁰ And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.
²¹ And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.

And there were times when He spoke that it applied to present and future...

Reactions: David H.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
. . . No particular literal fig tree is a marker . . . the meaning is that just as signs of things to come in the natural realm are observable, so signs of things to come in the super-natural realm are also observable. . .

That is where fundamentalism and the literal textual reading of prophecy falls short, It limits and rationalizes the supernatural.

For me personally, the Holy Ghost drew me to these videos, and I was unsure why, I could just rationalize this as "coincidence" and the Judean Date Palms coming back to life as Just "chance", Or I could see the miraculous hand of God giving us a sign that His coming is near. For me personally this brought peace and comfort Beyond understanding, and you will miss out on the whole reason for this post here and the blessing it is meant to convey.

Think about it for a moment, The date palm, the national symbol of Israel, all of which plants were destroyed by the Romans in 70 Ad, is brought back to life from 2000 year old seeds which were found at Masada, the last Stronghold of the Hebrew nation. This Prophecy not only precedes the coming of the LORD, but the Latter rain as found in Joel 2:21-23

Fear not, O land; be glad and rejoice: for the LORD will do great things. Be not afraid, ye beasts of the field: for the pastures of the wilderness do spring, for the tree beareth her fruit, the fig tree and the vine do yield their strength. Be glad then, ye children of Zion, and rejoice in the LORD your God: for he hath given you the former rain moderately, and he will cause to come down for you the rain, the former rain, and the latter rain in the first month.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus spoke of the present and the future...an example is when they all sat at the Passover...Jesus was speaking of a future event that would take place in that present generation.....He also reconciled past prophesy with the present....example when He said this ..
Luke 4 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹⁶ And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.
¹⁷ And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,
¹⁸ The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
¹⁹ To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
²⁰ And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.
²¹ And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.

And there were times when He spoke that it applied to present and future...

I think Jesus' words here were about the present--not the future. The prophecy also indicates that Jesus would be the future Messiah over all Israel and over all the world, but in this specific quotation Jesus was saying the prophecy was applying to his earthly ministry. He did miracles, and proclaimed the coming Kingdom of God.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I to am not hostile, But the truth is what I seek. Read Matthew 24:3 again. 3 As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. “Tell us,” they said, “when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?”
Jesus tells them, The present day and the end time days.

When the Holy Spirit spoke to me it was more then just hearing a voice, much more.

Yea, I hear that all the time from charismatics and Pentecostals. They've been wrong more times than I can count. The Spirit of God also speaks to us about humility, about the ability to be corrected, about submitting ourselves to others, to consider others better than ourselves. Get this right, and I may listen to what "God told you."

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will post a quote I made about it if you will read it.

I was about 10 at the time. I was standing in the street in front of my house, summer time. I got hit by a strong gust of wind
( the Holy Spirit comes like a mighty rushing wind ) that come from behind me and from above me. When it hit me I ducked because it startled me. I saw that the wind did not blow up any dust on the street. so I turned around to see where the wind came from. that is to say that is what I tried to do. but I was stuck crouched over, I tried to stand up and turn around but I could not move. Then I heard a voice say ( You will be alive when Jesus returns ) Then I felt like some one took a heavy weight off of my shoulders. Then I stood up and felt as lite as a feather. Then I was filled ( like over stuffed ) with joy peace and happiness. There are no words to describe the feeling. Then that faded a way and then my hole body tingled, like when your hand or foot fall asleep.
Not some thing I just dreamed up. Like I said I could tell many story's about how I could have and should have died, But God will keep His word. .

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yea, I hear that all the time from charismatics and Pentecostals. They've been wrong more times than I can count. The Spirit of God also speaks to us about humility, about the ability to be corrected, about submitting ourselves to others, to consider others better than ourselves. Get this right, and I may listen to what "God told you."

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think Jesus' words here were about the present--not the future. The prophecy also indicates that Jesus would be the future Messiah over all Israel and over all the world, but in this specific quotation Jesus was saying the prophecy was applying to his earthly ministry. He did miracles, and proclaimed the coming Kingdom of God.
Yes...that is Him speaking of the present. But He quoted from the words of the prophet Esaias....so it is a prophecy that was spoken back in the OT....and He said this day has this prophecy been fulfilled.
So now the past has manifested in the present day as it was spoken.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yea, I hear that all the time from charismatics and Pentecostals. They've been wrong more times than I can count.

And I have known many fundamentalists who are not hearing what the Spirit is saying to the churches.... It takes both sides to fully understand and Hear,

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will post a quote I made about it if you will read it.

Well, if it was Jesus, that's pretty exciting. But I can't sign onto something that doesn't amount to anything more than, "I had an experience, believe me!" Dr. Richard Eby made the same claims, and now he is dead. Jesus never came before he died, as he claimed. End of story. Dr. Richard Eby - I Will Not Die Again - Rapture False Prophecy NDE

I'm not saying God can't say such a thing. But of what value is it to anybody other than yourself? It's trying to predict the times and seasons. Even worse, you're using it to bolster a bad interpretation of the Olivet Discourse, which I *know* is false. Good luck.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
That is where fundamentalism and the literal textual reading of prophecy falls short, It limits and rationalizes the supernatural.

For me personally, the Holy Ghost drew me to these videos, and I was unsure why, I could just rationalize this as "coincidence" and the Judean Date Palms coming back to life as Just "chance", Or I could see the miraculous hand of God giving us a sign that His coming is near. For me personally this brought peace and comfort Beyond understanding, and you will miss out on the whole reason for this post here and the blessing it is meant to convey.

Think about it for a moment, The date palm, the national symbol of Israel, all of which plants were destroyed by the Romans in 70 Ad, is brought back to life from 2000 year old seeds which were found at Masada, the last Stronghold of the Hebrew nation. This Prophecy not only precedes the coming of the LORD, but the Latter rain as found in Joel 2:21-23

Fear not, O land; be glad and rejoice: for the LORD will do great things. Be not afraid, ye beasts of the field: for the pastures of the wilderness do spring, for the tree beareth her fruit, the fig tree and the vine do yield their strength. Be glad then, ye children of Zion, and rejoice in the LORD your God: for he hath given you the former rain moderately, and he will cause to come down for you the rain, the former rain, and the latter rain in the first month.
Weird logic.

Reactions: marks

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, if it was Jesus, that's pretty exciting. But I can't sign onto something that doesn't amount to anything more than, "I had an experience, believe me!" Dr. Richard Eby made the same claims, and now he is dead. Jesus never came before he died, as he claimed. End of story. Dr. Richard Eby - I Will Not Die Again - Rapture False Prophecy NDE

I'm not saying God can't say such a thing. But of what value is it to anybody other than yourself? It's trying to predict the times and seasons. Even worse, you're using it to bolster a bad interpretation of the Olivet Discourse, which I *know* is false. Good luck.
My experience has been that people don't know when He is speaking or how recognize His voice when He is speaking to them.
I had a friend who.would call me all the time asking if I would pray and see if God had a word for her. I would intercede and He would give me a word to give her. Then one day He said tell her she needs to learn to hear from me herself, I am not going to give her another word through you.
So she called me a couple of days later and I told her what God said....she was soooo upset and said "I can't hear Him like you can!" I said yes you can and you will....just listen.
It's not that He isn't speaking...it's people don't have faith that they are hearing Him speak.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Israel two woman brought back to life the Judean date palm which were destroyed by the Romans in 70Ad to extinction. The seeds were found in Masada which in turn were germinated and brought back by these two women.

Here is a brief nine-minute video explaining this if you are not familiar with this.

The Prophecy that comes to mind is the fig tree prophecy. This date palm is a national symbol of Israel found on its coinage dating back to the time of Christ.

Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh: So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors. Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. (Matthew 24:32-34)

If this is the prophetic fulfillment of the fig tree prophecy, then we are truly living in the final generation before the second coming.

Look Up! For our redemption draws nigh!
That was fulfilled in 1948 or 1967, IMO.

1948 they became a nation again.

1967 they got Jerusalem back.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Reply - Era of the Gods)

Rg1bIXN.jpg

egypttoursportal.com/en-nz/ancient-egyptian-architecture/

(the "fig trees" are what you see on their heads, its how they travel the stars...............the figures many small ones near the top of the structures, represents the constellation belt..............humanity in its suicide pleasure "human dirth charge of unclean genetic lines"..............makes the earth a kind of black hole.................they are instead teaching that, they would leave the earth to retrieve strength, just to have the ability to live along side mankind)

(in reality they were nothing more then pyramid builders/apostles, the "withered fig tree", represents, the adornment of the holy ghost, and the holy ghost superceeds that traditional argument)

(the earth's energy grid axis its "19.5 degree axis, if you want to use that language, may be tied to jerusalem, the 33rd parallel or other locations, 1 to 2 billion would have to die to reprove that argument, so its a controversy)

(Jerusalem, has not shed the jewish people, according to jeremiah 4/8, zechariah 14, and others, s othe prophecy if any tied to the fig tree/earth energy grid is not present, or its something we have just not seen)

(the arms movement in isreal, or the global movement against isreal you see at present, will not be concluded until all the jewish people are driven out of that area, dead or alive)

(they would be cut down rather quickly or quicker if they did take some unclean action against me personally as a people or some organization, but as it stands, they are on their way out anyway)
The Jews in Israel are there to stay.

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Awesome testimony! I think you have read mine...it is amazing how and when He chooses to speak to us.

I'm sure I did but post it again so others can be edified by it.

Are you saying that the King James Bible is a bad interpretation ?
What value was it to any one why did Luke write about Simeon. in Luke 2:25 ?

The Prophecy of Simeon
25 At that time there was a man in Jerusalem named Simeon. He was righteous and devout and was eagerly waiting for the Messiah to come and rescue Israel. The Holy Spirit was upon him 26 and had revealed to him that he would not die until he had seen the Lord’s Messiah. 27 That day the Spirit led him to the Temple. So when Mary and Joseph came to present the baby Jesus to the Lord as the law required, 28 Simeon was there. He took the child in his arms and praised God, saying,

29 “Sovereign Lord, now let your servant die in peace,
as you have promised.
30 I have seen your salvation,
31 which you have prepared for all people.
32 He is a light to reveal God to the nations,
and he is the glory of your people Israel!”

33 Jesus’ parents were amazed at what was being said about him. 34 Then Simeon blessed them, and he said to Mary, the baby’s mother, “This child is destined to cause many in Israel to fall, and many others to rise. He has been sent as a sign from God, but many will oppose him. 35 As a result, the deepest thoughts of many hearts will be revealed. And a sword will pierce your very soul.”

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Though this is interesting, there is no prophecy stating that the 2nd Coming would take place in the same generation that Israel is restored to statehood! That would be a false prophecy, since Israel became a state in 1948 and it is now past the length of a generation.

Jesus actually stated, in his Olivet Discourse, that the same generation as his apostles would see the destruction of the temple, stone by stone. That is, in my opinion, beyond dispute (although I'm sure some would still like to dispute it).

IMO Jesus said that those of the generation alive to see the fig tree bloom would not all die before the second coming - that means people born or who were alive in 1948 won’t all pass away until then - it doesn’t mean you count off 80 years from that time and it has to happen by then.

There’s a lot of people still alive who were born or were already born in 1948.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Weird logic.

But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. (1 Corinthians 2:7-10)

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word translated as 'generation; in Matthew 24:34, means - the people living at that time.
So from the point of May 1948, when the 'fig tree' came alive again, [the establishment of the Jewish Sate of Israel], there will be people alive who will see all the prophesied events leading up to the glorious Return of Jesus.
I fully expect to be one of them, even tho I was born in 1941.
Agreed.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sure I did but post it again so others can be edified by it.
Okay...this was my first time to ever hear Him speaking to me....

I went to church all my life, got saved when I was 7. After I became an adult I joined the adult Sunday service. We had a wonderful pastor who just happened to preach his sermon on the very sin I committed that week. At the end of the sermon he invited anyone who needed to come to the alter to rededicate, get saved or be delivered to come forward. I was there every single service. One Sunday after church and getting saved again I went home threw my body on the floor and cried to God uncontrollably and said "I give up, this Christianity thing is too hard and no matter how I try I seem to always mess up!"
Then I heard a voice, it wasn't really audible to my ears but it was very audible in my mind. It said to me "Patty, who do you think I am?"....instinctively somehow I knew he expected me to say something so I said you are God...He asked a second time, I replied a little more hesitantly since the 1st answer didn't seem to be right and said "umm The Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End, the I AM...(I got it right this time for sure!)...then He asked a 3RD TIME!!! I stuttered and searched my memory of what I was taught about who God is and finally I said what do you want me to say...
He replied soooooo lovingly and tender and said "I am your Father, and as much as you love your daughter so much more do I love you that you can't comprehend it. As your daughter grows up and makes mistakes you will correct her, discipline her at times but never ever ever will you stop loving her because of her mistakes. And neither will I stop loving you just because you make a mistake. Allow yourself to be led of the spirit, repent daily and always forgive...as I will always forgive you. Seek Me daily, walk with me, talk with me, tell me what's on your heart. I AM YOUR FATHER!" So wow..
I was approximately 23 y.o. when this happened and it liberated me from condemnation. I now know I am truly saved! Amen!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what was hard to understand and explain to others is how I knew it was Him....I just knew!
No one taught me how to hear Him, what it would sound like when He spoke, whether it would be audibly or in my spirit....no one taught me anything about hearing His voice. I just had faith it was Him speaking and I knew instantly it was His voice.

Reactions: marks and pompadour