Is this a prophetic fulfillment? Fig tree prophecy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Israel two woman brought back to life the Judean date palm which were destroyed by the Romans in 70Ad to extinction. The seeds were found in Masada which in turn were germinated and brought back by these two women.

Here is a brief nine-minute video explaining this if you are not familiar with this.

The Prophecy that comes to mind is the fig tree prophecy. This date palm is a national symbol of Israel found on its coinage dating back to the time of Christ.

Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh: So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors. Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. (Matthew 24:32-34)

If this is the prophetic fulfillment of the fig tree prophecy, then we are truly living in the final generation before the second coming.

Look Up! For our redemption draws nigh!

Last edited:

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just as an update, the first seed to germinate first put forth leaves about 10 years ago (Methuselah) It is in the last year that the first tree bore fruit (Hannah).

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Israel two woman brought back to life the Judean date palm which were destroyed by the Romans in 70Ad to extinction. The seeds were found in Masada which in turn were germinated and brought back by these two women.

Here is a brief nine-minute video explaining this if you are not familiar with this.

The Prophecy that comes to mind is the fig tree prophecy. This date palm is a national symbol of Israel found on its coinage dating back to the time of Christ.

Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh: So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors. Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. (Matthew 24:32-34)

If this is the prophetic fulfillment of the fig tree prophecy, then we are truly living in the final generation before the second coming.

all i truly know is that the end time signs are in full bloom and all around . So , OH YES be looking and be watching .
Jesus gave us quite a few signs to be watching for as did the apostels give us many reminders . and its all around
and blossoming to fruitition in these days . Oh be watching , for ye know not the hour the LORD shall come .

Reactions: Nancy and David H.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just as an update, the first seed to germinate first put forth leaves about 10 years ago (Methuselah) It is in the last year that the first tree bore fruit (Hannah).
Thems was some very old seeds indeed .
Speaking of years , in just the last ten for fifteen years behold how inquity has become the norm and is honored and celebrated
and the love for biblical truth grows very cold within the hearts of many , for inquity has indeed abounded
and is honored and celebrated right in the streets of the nations of the world . No longer are some sins hidden
they are now honored , called love , called good and any who dares to correct said sins makes themselves a prey to persecution and backlash.
Yeah , i would say we are nearing the final hour .

Reactions: Nancy and David H.

nenagana

Oct 1, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Reply - Era of the Gods)

Rg1bIXN.jpg

egypttoursportal.com/en-nz/ancient-egyptian-architecture/

(the "fig trees" are what you see on their heads, its how they travel the stars...............the figures many small ones near the top of the structures, represents the constellation belt..............humanity in its suicide pleasure "human dirth charge of unclean genetic lines"..............makes the earth a kind of black hole.................they are instead teaching that, they would leave the earth to retrieve strength, just to have the ability to live along side mankind)

(in reality they were nothing more then pyramid builders/apostles, the "withered fig tree", represents, the adornment of the holy ghost, and the holy ghost superceeds that traditional argument)

(the earth's energy grid axis its "19.5 degree axis, if you want to use that language, may be tied to jerusalem, the 33rd parallel or other locations, 1 to 2 billion would have to die to reprove that argument, so its a controversy)

(Jerusalem, has not shed the jewish people, according to jeremiah 4/8, zechariah 14, and others, s othe prophecy if any tied to the fig tree/earth energy grid is not present, or its something we have just not seen)

(the arms movement in isreal, or the global movement against isreal you see at present, will not be concluded until all the jewish people are driven out of that area, dead or alive)

(they would be cut down rather quickly or quicker if they did take some unclean action against me personally as a people or some organization, but as it stands, they are on their way out anyway)

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

One first would have to understand what the Fig Tree prophecy Lord Jesus gave... is about. It was fulfilled in 1948 when many of the "house of Judah" returned to the holy land to form today's nation state of Israel. The prophecy where God said He would bring Judah back and not remove them is in Jeremiah 24 with the two fig basket prophecy.

In Jesus' Olivet discourse, He was giving us the main Signs of the end leading up to His future return, and He commanded us to be watching those things. He gave the fig tree parable to show us the ballpark generation when ALL... those Signs would come to pass. It's about the generation living that will literally 'see' His future return. Well, start the count in 1948 when Israel became a nation again, with God having brought remnants of Judah back to the holy land per His Promise in Jeremiah 24. So we're already 73 years into the timing of the fig tree having been set out. The leaves on it have already shot forth (Israel becoming a nation again). Now look for it to bear figs, but what kind... of figs, untimely early figs that fall off in the spring, or the good figs at harvest time in the summer?

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Though this is interesting, there is no prophecy stating that the 2nd Coming would take place in the same generation that Israel is restored to statehood! That would be a false prophecy, since Israel became a state in 1948 and it is now past the length of a generation.

Jesus actually stated, in his Olivet Discourse, that the same generation as his apostles would see the destruction of the temple, stone by stone. That is, in my opinion, beyond dispute (although I'm sure some would still like to dispute it).

Reactions: marks and Nancy

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The Prophecy that comes to mind is the fig tree prophecy.
It's a Parable, the purpose of which is to illustrate from "nature" the things of "super-nature".

Quote from John Gill's Commentary on Matthew 24:32

Now learn a parable of the fig tree,.... Take a similitude, or comparison from the fig tree, which was a tree well known in Judea; and the putting forth of its branches, leaves, and fruit, fell under the observation of everyone:

when its branch is yet tender; through the influence of the sun, and the motion of the sap, which was bound up, and congealed in the winter season:

and putteth forth leaves; from the tender branches, which swell, and open, and put forth buds, leaves, and fruit:

ye know the summer is nigh; spring being already come: the fig tree putting forth her green figs, is a sign that the winter is past, the spring is come, and summer is at hand; see Son_2:11.

Reactions: dev553344 and marks

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Though this is interesting, there is no prophecy stating that the 2nd Coming would take place in the same generation that Israel is restored to statehood! That would be a false prophecy, since Israel became a state in 1948 and it is now past the length of a generation.

That is the point of this. according to Psalm 90:10 a generation is 70-80 years, But much of that founding generation has passed away in Israel, But this Prophecy narrows the focus to when the fig tree bears leaves, which began in 2011, and now fruit in 2020, this generation has not "passed away yet.

In A sense this is a sign of His coming, saying summer is here and what follows summer, the harvest.

It's a Parable, the purpose of which is to illustrate from "nature" the things of "super-nature".

So is the parable of the ten virgins, yet they have prophetic implications. Jesus is not just using the fig tree putting forth leaves as an analogy but as a marker of his second coming.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is the point of this. according to Psalm 90:10 a generation is 70-80 years, But much of that founding generation has passed away in Israel, But this Prophecy narrows the focus to when the fig tree bears leaves, which began in 2011, and now fruit in 2020, this generation has not "passed away yet.

In A sense this is a sign of His coming, saying summer is here and what follows summer, the harvest.

I don't believe biblical prophecy was designed to get people waiting anxiously to see if their interpretation is correct. I've waited virtually all of my life to see if Lindsey would be disproven when he calculated 1st that a generation was 40 years, and then expanded the time of a "generation" to something later. Everybody thought the limit of a generation was "70 years," and now you claim it is "80 years."

Do you really think God operates this way? It's juvenile! Prophecy was designed to promote godly living, and to create proper expectations of opposition for the believer. We are to endure to the end--nothing about waiting to see if within 80 years the end comes.

Time spans were not the purpose of prophecy when it comes to anticipating the fulfillment of the Kingdom. Rather, the burden is on actually becoming a member of the Kingdom and then sustaining that decision through perilous times.

But I think you're completely wrong to say that the "generation" speaks of the restoration of Israel. It was the signs of the "birth pains" that the fig tree represented--not a restoration, but signs of a "still-birth" so to speak.

The "child" should've been born at the coming of the Messiah, but the people rejected him and killed him, and the "fig tree" remained barren.

Reactions: Cassandra

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Only problem is fig tree and palm tree are 2 different species. There is actually a tree known as the strangler fig and it strangles the palm tree by producing roots inside the palm trees roots...eventually choking it out....and ironically this is a metaphor in scripture.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only problem is fig tree and palm tree are 2 different species. There is actually a tree known as the strangler fig and it strangles the palm tree by producing roots inside the palm trees roots...eventually choking it out....and ironically this is a metaphor in scripture.
A lot like the all inclusive church has done all to strangle the one true gospel out of all churches and all places within society .

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Everybody thought the limit of a generation was "70 years," and now you claim it is "80 years."
The word translated as 'generation; in Matthew 24:34, means - the people living at that time.
So from the point of May 1948, when the 'fig tree' came alive again, [the establishment of the Jewish Sate of Israel], there will be people alive who will see all the prophesied events leading up to the glorious Return of Jesus.
I fully expect to be one of them, even tho I was born in 1941.

Reactions: pompadour

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Heart2Soul Interesting how nature has these pictures which can be instructive....

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

So is the parable of the ten virgins, yet they have prophetic implications. Jesus is not just using the fig tree putting forth leaves as an analogy but as a marker of his second coming.
. . . No particular literal fig tree is a marker . . . the meaning is that just as signs of things to come in the natural realm are observable, so signs of things to come in the super-natural realm are also observable. . .

Reactions: marks

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word translated as 'generation; in Matthew 24:34, means - the people living at that time.
So from the point of May 1948, when the 'fig tree' came alive again, [the establishment of the Jewish Sate of Israel], there will be people alive who will see all the prophesied events leading up to the glorious Return of Jesus.

Yes, well I see it, as you know, as the generation of the Apostles, told to expect the destruction of Jerusalem in their generation. So that puts a completely different slant on it. As to whether you or I see it, it doesn't matter to me. We're to deal with the generation we're presently living in. Of course, you could write a book and hope someone in a future generation will read it. But the biblical authors already did that! ;)

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You 100% right. There will be a remnant of that generation still alive. I know that I will be one of them, you may be one of them also.
I to was born in 1941. and am part of the Fig tree generation. But I was told buy the Holy Spirit that I will be alive when Jesus returns.
So there is no doubt that we are in the end times.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You 100% right. There will be a remnant of that generation still alive. I know that I will be one of them, you may be one of them also.
I to was born in 1941. and am part of the Fig tree generation. But I was told buy the Holy Spirit that I will be alive when Jesus returns.
So there is no doubt that we are in the end times.

We think a lot of things were told us by the Holy Spirit. But you need to go back to the drawing board. Your doctrine of the generation that Jesus spoke of is incorrect. Jesus was speaking of the generation that would see *all these things.* And the things he spoke of were things in his own generation that portended the coming of the fall of Jerusalem. They would see every stone of the temple taken down. That doesn't sound in the least like witnessing the Return of Christ.

I'm not hostile about it. I just want you to know the truth as I've seen it. Take care...

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We think a lot of things were told us by the Holy Spirit. But you need to go back to the drawing board. Your doctrine of the generation that Jesus spoke of is incorrect. Jesus was speaking of the generation that would see *all these things.* And the things he spoke of were things in his own generation that portended the coming of the fall of Jerusalem. They would see every stone of the temple taken down. That doesn't sound in the least like witnessing the Return of Christ.

I'm not hostile about it. I just want you to know the truth as I've seen it. Take care...

I to am not hostile, But the truth is what I seek. Read Matthew 24:3 again. 3 As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. “Tell us,” they said, “when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?”
Jesus tells them, The present day and the end time days.

When the Holy Spirit spoke to me it was more then just hearing a voice, much more.

Reactions: Keraz and David H.