Is this a True Warrior?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SpiritSoldier

Dec 24, 2007
I was thinking about this the other night and found this site.http://www.warriorsaints.com/articles/WarriorsMind.asp
The mind of a true warrior (a WarriorSaint) is different from that of most other humans. In fact, it even differs from the mind of any usual soldier or fighter.
I want to become a Warrior for the side of good every since I became Born-again. I am tired of running scared, succombing to fear and afraid of confrontation. I don't want to fight but I want to be a fighter.Through All the inspiration dealt in my life through books, movies and some life choices I have come to what I think is a formula for a true warrior. Let me know what you think.A True Warrior for Christ has these qualities1. A Beautiful Mind Meaning not having toxic thoughts and emotions.(Inspired by Book Who Switched of my Brain?) Also a MovieBeautiful Mind i've yet to see2. A Braveheart(Inspired by movie Braveheart and book Wild at Heart)3. A Loving Soul (Inspired by God and his Son Christ and the book the Bible)4. A Fighting Spirit (Way of the Peaceful Warrior movie and book and Inspired By Bruce Lee and Martial Arts)What do you think would these components make up a true warrior?

BernieEOD

Jun 26, 2006
First off, none of the references you mention are Biblical. There might be some Biblically correct passages in these references but they are not directly from God.To be a warrior is to stand for what is right, no matter what the odds are against you.Even a pacifist can be a warrior. weather one accpets death rather than submit as a pacifist would or risks death and fights against all odds as a warrior would is the same. One stands and would rather die than submit to evil. While I would agree that things could spill over into a phisical fight, the true battle is spiritual. So, long before a pshysical battle takes place, one needs to win the spiritual one.If you wish to refer to movies, try the Knights code as depicted in "Kingdom of Heaven"- To be without fear in the face of ones enemies- To be brave and upright in order so that God may love thee- To always speak the truth, even if it leads to your own death- To safeguard the helpless- And to do no wrongThis is your oath (Hits him across the face)And this is so you will remember it!

SpiritSoldier

Dec 24, 2007
First off, none of the references you mention are Biblical. There might be some Biblically correct passages in these references but they are not directly from God.
So what are you saying exactly? Well All these books I mentioned are by Christian authors so I don't see how they are not from God when people are God's gift to the world. While I may base my idea on my personal revelation and my life based in accordance to the word I think that is what life is all about...discovery and the journey. Yes I may not have gotten everything out of the bible but let me remind that is not the only good thing in this world we must not place the bible on a pedestal of all knowledge with no requirement for experience. By the way I would like to say that science is proving what the bible has taught for centuries, which is fear-based emotions cause toxic thoughts and emotions causing chronic illness, and positive faith-based emotions create quality and health of mind and body.Good qoutes from Kingdom of Heaven!

bullfighter

Jan 21, 2008
(SpiritSoldier;33452)
So what are you saying exactly? Well All these books I mentioned are by Christian authors so I don't see how they are not from God when people are God's gift to the world. While I may base my idea on my personal revelation and my life based in accordance to the word I think that is what life is all about...discovery and the journey. Yes I may not have gotten everything out of the bible but let me remind that is not the only good thing in this world we must not place the bible on a pedestal of all knowledge with no requirement for experience. By the way I would like to say that science is proving what the bible has taught for centuries, which is fear-based emotions cause toxic thoughts and emotions causing chronic illness, and positive faith-based emotions create quality and health of mind and body.
this above makes good senceTIME FOR THE PEACEFULL WAR DRUM TO DRUM..we should encourage the good things we can do for god in this time.WE MUST IN FAITH LEARN NOW.the things that will benifit survival when the mark comes...some say just have faith .poppy cock i say..why do you work to day..maybe to get shelter maybe to get food..you do that with works,and in better works you get better results to live...the lord reminds us of the time when the mark comes and we can not buy or sell...fine some say i have faith to die..but what of the ones around you and your love ones that you are responsible for.they panic you will stress if you dont have leadership and faith.

SpiritSoldier

Dec 24, 2007
(bullfighter;33454)
this above makes good senceTIME FOR THE PEACEFULL WAR DRUM TO DRUM..we should encourage the good things we can do for god in this time.WE MUST IN FAITH LEARN NOW.the things that will benifit survival when the mark comes...some say just have faith .poppy cock i say..why do you work to day..maybe to get shelter maybe to get food..you do that with works,and in better works you get better results to live...the lord reminds us of the time when the mark comes and we can not buy or sell...fine some say i have faith to die..but what of the ones around you and your love ones that you are responsible for.they panic you will stress if you dont have leadership and faith.
Thanks bullfighterThat's what I am getting at yes, those people you described well they are just "existing" if they simply work to eat and sleep and pay bills, but I believe in living a full and healthy life and part of that includes becoming a servant of God to be a warrior. If we are all a bunch of weak, gutless shrimp, running scared from every encounter out of fear and only try to escape our repsonibility of duty to God then we are not worthy of the cross or Christ We have to be willing to serve unto death and overcome fear with love.Matthew 10:37-4037"Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; 38and anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.

BernieEOD

Jun 26, 2006
(SpiritSoldier;33452)
So what are you saying exactly? Well All these books I mentioned are by Christian authors so I don't see how they are not from God when people are God's gift to the world. While I may base my idea on my personal revelation and my life based in accordance to the word I think that is what life is all about...discovery and the journey. Yes I may not have gotten everything out of the bible but let me remind that is not the only good thing in this world we must not place the bible on a pedestal of all knowledge with no requirement for experience. By the way I would like to say that science is proving what the bible has taught for centuries, which is fear-based emotions cause toxic thoughts and emotions causing chronic illness, and positive faith-based emotions create quality and health of mind and body.Good qoutes from Kingdom of Heaven!
I would be carefull about "Christian authors" I find that many of these authors do indeed provide a good deal of "Spiritual milk" and just when you really believe that you are getting what you need, the book hits you with a giant slug of leaven. I have come to believe that Stan will write an entire book of truth just so that he can sell you one paragragh of a lie."They way of the peacefull warrior" has a lot of New Age philosophy in it.One can debate weather or not Willaim Wallace was in violation of Romans 13.One thing is for sure, God took him out of the picture before completing his goal. That is not to say that I wouldn't have done differently were I in his position. One does not own enough firepower to take on an entire street gang and plan to be a pacifist. My weapons though are for lawlessness and every time I see a situation where rebellion against authority appears to be right, Romans 13 hits me. If government collapses and there is a massive free for all, then all is fair in love and war.

SpiritSoldier

Dec 24, 2007
I'm glad to see all the responses I am recieving and your perceptions people.Okay BernieEOD. You are right that the Bible is the Final Authority on issues of morality. What I meant by the Christian authors is that even though everyone's opinions and viewpoints vary we can learn from everything and everyone around us in other words the course of life is about human experience.Let me make myself clear I am against war, violence, and slaughter this is not Godly and not what I am saying to become some fanatic killing people in God's name. This is what I say..Stand up for the truth stand up for the defenseless, die to protect others and preserve God's Creation. Be a face of Love in death and struggle. While you pose a valid point on a street fight and being a pacifist this is what I am. I against killing it disobey's God's word.However I am saying to battle enemy forces I am saying to fight agianst sin I am saying to lay down our lives for christ I am saying to know how to defend ourselves and others! I am saying to be a warrior for the cause of upholding life not destroying it.

bullfighter

Jan 21, 2008
(BernieEOD;33459)
I would be carefull about "Christian authors" I find that many of these authors do indeed provide a good deal of "Spiritual milk" and just when you really believe that you are getting what you need, the book hits you with a giant slug of leaven. I have come to believe that Stan will write an entire book of truth just so that he can sell you one paragragh of a lie."They way of the peacefull warrior" has a lot of New Age philosophy in it.One can debate weather or not Willaim Wallace was in violation of Romans 13.One thing is for sure, God took him out of the picture before completing his goal. That is not to say that I wouldn't have done differently were I in his position. One does not own enough firepower to take on an entire street gang and plan to be a pacifist. My weapons though are for lawlessness and every time I see a situation where rebellion against authority appears to be right, Romans 13 hits me. If government collapses and there is a massive free for all, then all is fair in love and war.
why do the gouvernment kill woman and children in your name and gods name.why do xtians say fine lets go and bomb iran out of fear..why do you not stand up for them that suffer in your name..

BernieEOD

Jun 26, 2006
(SpiritSoldier;33474)
I'm glad to see all the responses I am recieving and your perceptions people.Okay BernieEOD. You are right that the Bible is the Final Authority on issues of morality. What I meant by the Christian authors is that even though everyone's opinions and viewpoints vary we can learn from everything and everyone around us in other words the course of life is about human experience.Let me make myself clear I am against war, violence, and slaughter this is not Godly and not what I am saying to become some fanatic killing people in God's name. This is what I say..Stand up for the truth stand up for the defenseless, die to protect others and preserve God's Creation. Be a face of Love in death and struggle. While you pose a valid point on a street fight and being a pacifist this is what I am. I against killing it disobey's God's word.However I am saying to battle enemy forces I am saying to fight agianst sin I am saying to lay down our lives for christ I am saying to know how to defend ourselves and others! I am saying to be a warrior for the cause of upholding life not destroying it.
Being an avid firearms enthusiast, I cannot say I am against killing but one does not shoot to kill or to wound, one shoots to stop the attack. If the attacker dies, well, that is his problem. Especially if you have given him every opportunity to break off his attack. In order to give him such an opportunity, you need to be good with your weapon and fighting skills. One who has little confidence and skill would resort to using deadly force sooner than one who has confidence.