Is this out of your reasoning?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When others have reviewed books, articles, etc. and have provided feedback (positive or negative), that can often suffice.

Oh Ouch!! So you were brought up in the church "spoon fed" then. Not being allowed to chew your own 'food'. LOL

Reactions: Willie T

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Oh Ouch!! So you were brought up in the church "spoon fed" then. Not being allowed to chew your own 'food'. LOL
We need to keep things in perspective. As far as Scripture is concerned, I have personally studied the Word for many years and have not followed any man-made doctrines. This should be the underlying principle for all Christians. We are personally responsible and accountable for our beliefs.

As far as anything else such as books, periodicals, articles, web sites, etc. if we know from other sources that they have rubbish, we don't need to waste time on this kind of information. When the Shack came out years ago, it was assessed by many Christians, and found to be seriously deficient in presenting Bible truth, and misrepresenting the Gospel.

From this book, one would find it very hard to understand how to actually become a Christian and what actually occurred on the cross.
The Shack: A Pastoral Review of the Popular Novel

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We need to keep things in perspective. As far as Scripture is concerned, I have personally studied the Word for many years and have not followed any man-made doctrines. This should be the underlying principle for all Christians. We are personally responsible and accountable for our beliefs.

As far as anything else such as books, periodicals, articles, web sites, etc. if we know from other sources that they have rubbish, we don't need to waste time on this kind of information. When the Shack came out years ago, it was assessed by many Christians, and found to be seriously deficient in presenting Bible truth, and misrepresenting the Gospel.

The Shack: A Pastoral Review of the Popular Novel
As she and I both said.... it is obvious, by your own admission here, how you "study the Word." You let others tell you how to believe. If that is what works for you, fine.

Reactions: Helen

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Now that does "hit the nail" squarely on the head.
I believe one of our daily requests from the Lord is that He open our ears to hear, and eyes to see.
I too believe that He is always "speaking" to us in one way or the other...If we are NOT "hearing Him" the we are tuned into a different wave-length.

Stay tuned... :)

Indeed . and in this world of constant noise and stimulation... How many never take the time to sit quietly and wait for the whisper of the Spirit?

Peace!