Isa 28:18 and Dan 9:27

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Are these two scriptures speaking of the same covenant, the covenant with the antichrist?

Isa 28:18 NIV Your covenant with death will be annulled; your agreement with the realm of the dead will not stand. When the overwhelming scourge sweeps by, you will be beaten down by it.

Dan 9:27 NIV He will confirm a covenant with many for one 'seven.' In the middle of the 'seven' he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And on a wing [of the temple] he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him. "

- ATP

Straightshot

May 1, 2015
No ..... neither does

The first scripture refers to Israel's tendency to rely upon their own ability to defeat enemies by making alliances with other states and not to depend upon the Lord for the job .... the specific application in Isaiah was about the threat to Israel by neo-Babylon

Daniel 9:26 and 9:27 are repetitive with 9:27 giving more details

The Lord is the one who will confirm His covenant with a believing remnant part of His nation of Israel during the coming 70th week decreed still pending .... He is the only one who can do this [Jeremiah 31:31-37; Ezekiel 36]

It is the other prince and his people that will come to desolate during the same period, Satan's beast in the human little horn of Daniel's visions Daniel 7:7-25; 8:9-25; 11:36-45: 12:7]

If you have more questions I will answer .... I generally do not make long winded posts, but keep things in perspective as I move along

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Straightshot said:
The first scripture refers to Israel's tendency to rely upon their own ability to defeat enemies by making alliances with other states and not to depend upon the Lord for the job .... the specific application in Isaiah was about the threat to Israel by neo-Babylon
So you believe Isa 28 chapter is based on past events. Are there other clues in this chapter that speak of past events. I guess the reason I'm asking is because some chapters in Isa do speak of future prophecy.

Straightshot said:
Daniel 9:26 and 9:27 are repetitive with 9:27 giving more details

The Lord is the one who will confirm His covenant with a believing remnant part of His nation of Israel during the coming 70th week decreed still pending .... He is the only one who can do this [Jeremiah 31:31-37; Ezekiel 36]

It is the other prince and his people that will come to desolate during the same period, Satan's beast in the human little horn of Daniel's visions Daniel 7:7-25; 8:9-25; 11:36-45: 12:7]

If you have more questions I will answer .... I generally do not make long winded posts, but keep things in perspective as I move along
I would agree. The whole world believes Dan 9:27 is a peace covenant with future antichrist and seven year trib, but I believe Dan 9:27 speaks of the antichrist spirit 2000 years ago and not the antichrist man in the future.

Straightshot

May 1, 2015
Yes the prophets do forecast both near term and far term events so some are fulfilled and the balance remains for a future day

The key to understanding is to know both the scriptures and the historical record for comparison to make the correct determination

The other prince in Daniel 9:26-27 is a future figure and still yet to emerge as we speak .... and this one will not make an alliance or a "peace" treaty with Israel ..... he will be a war monger and threat to Israel in the 70th week decreed still pending

If you will follow my postings on this forum I will explain this truth in much greater detail with scriptural support as I move along

A remnant part of Israel is in the land today and there is a reason .... to experience the coming time of the 70th week .... the time of Jacob's trouble [Jeremiah 30]

And in this pressuring a remnant part of the tiny nation will turn and believe in their Messiah and King Jesus Christ

Israel is in blindness and in unbelief at this time .... but this condition is going to change soon [Romans 11:25-36] .... all of the believing will be saved and the balance will be killed and lost forever [Zechariah 13:8-9]

whitestone

Apr 3, 2011
Gold Beach Oregon
Straightshot said:
The key to understanding is to know both the scriptures and the historical record for comparison to make the correct determination

the time of Jacob's trouble [Jeremiah 30]
Ok let's do that. Let's see for instance, knowing both the scriptures and the historical records, what Jeremiah 30 verse 3 is foretelling...

(Jer 30:3) For, lo, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will bring again the captivity of my people Israel and Judah, saith the LORD: and I will cause them to return to the land that I gave to their fathers, and they shall possess it.

Okay, ready? Let's read what our God says about this;

(Eph 4:8) Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

(Mat 5:5) Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

(Heb 11:16) But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

(Rom 4:13) For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.

(Rom 8:32) He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

1Co_3:21 Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours;
1Co_3:22 Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours;

(Act 20:32) And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.

Or Jer 30 verse 7... Let's see where the Lord shows us this NT fulfillment...

(Jer 30:7) Alas! for that day is great, so that none is like it: it is even the time of Jacob's trouble; but he shall be saved out of it.

(Act 2:20) ... that great and notable day of the Lord ... (Peter said that "Great Day" was Come at Pentecost)

The trouble;

(Mat 24:21) For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

Was obviously the destruction of Jerusalem in AD 70 we all know, being cognizant of the History of the New Jerusalem Church warning and Her deliverance as foretold in the Olivet Prophecy and the Revelation.

(Jer 30:8) For it shall come to pass in that day, saith the LORD of hosts, that I will break his yoke from off thy neck, and will burst thy bonds, and strangers shall no more serve themselves of him:

Again, let's let the Spirit of "Bible Study" show us the fulfillment;

(Mat 11:28) Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
(Mat 11:29) Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
(Mat 11:30) For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

(Rom 8:21) Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

(Gal 4:23) But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.
(Gal 4:24) Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.
(Gal 4:25) For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.
(Gal 4:26) But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.
(Gal 4:27) For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband.
(Gal 4:28) Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.
(Gal 4:29) But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.
(Gal 4:30) Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.
(Gal 4:31) So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.

(Eph 2:12) That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
(Eph 2:13) But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

And here's a beauty in that same chapter 30 of Jeremiah concerning this prophetic "time of Jacob's trouble". Let's see what that show us...

(Jer 30:9) But they shall serve the LORD their God, and David their king, whom I will raise up unto them.

Let's see when this began...

(Luk 1:54) He hath holpen his servant Israel, in remembrance of his mercy;
(Luk 1:55) As he spake to our fathers, to Abraham, and to his seed for ever.

(Luk 2:32) A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel.

(Luk 1:77) To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,
(Luk 1:78) Through the tender mercy of our God; whereby the dayspring from on high hath visited us,
(Luk 1:79) To give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.

(Joh 12:26) If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.

(Mat 21:9) And the multitudes that went before, and that followed, cried, saying, Hosanna to the Son of David: Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord; Hosanna in the highest.

(Joh 20:28) And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

Mat_27:11 And Jesus stood before the governor: and the governor asked him, saying, Art thou the King of the Jews? And Jesus said unto him, Thou sayest.
Mat_27:29 And when they had platted a crown of thorns, they put it upon his head, and a reed in his right hand: and they bowed the knee before him, and mocked him, saying, Hail, King of the Jews!
Mat_27:37 And set up over his head his accusation written, THIS IS JESUS THE KING OF THE JEWS.

Rev_17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.
Rev_19:16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

And so on... I can show you every prophesy in the O.T. and each of the dozens of exact quotes and parallels fulfilled in the N.T. in Christ Jesus... all prophesies to Israel are only fulfilled to those who believe in Jesus and are baptized in his Name and RAISED UP in HIM in Newness of Life;

(Jer 30:9) But they shall serve the LORD their God, and David their king, whom I will raise up unto them.

(Rom 1:3) Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;
(Rom 1:4) And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

You guys are virtual scrolls of OT scriptures. Just like the Pharisees. Unfortunately, just like the Pharisees, the words you are attempting to plant into those who read your massive lists of prophecies, then think to tell us what they mean, well...

(Mat 15:13) But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up.
(Mat 15:14) Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

Repent all you futurists. The Time is NOW. The "future" is NOT a "time accepted". NOW is the "time accepted".

(2Co 6:2) (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)

Heb_3:13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
Heb_3:15 While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.

Straightshot

May 1, 2015
Easy to refute right up front

Jeremiah 30 is still a future event by the Lord's own declaration [Jeremiah 30:10-11]

No good purpose for you to go beyond

I do not favor the false teaching of preterism

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
The date Sept. 23 has become ubiquitous among the writings of many prophecy watchers. They don’t know what, if anything, will happen on that date but they question why it keeps popping up everywhere: in movies and concerts, on the pope’s appointment calendar, in the statements of politicians and the calculations of a famous mathematician from the 18th century.

Sir Isaac Newton, the English scientist and devout Christian, had a burning desire to study end-times prophecies of Christ’s return. He had a particular interest in Daniel’s prophecies, and he put together calculations that point to Sept. 23, 2015, as a key date.
Mark Biltz, author of “Blood Moons: Decoding the Imminent Heavenly Signs,” said he’s been aware of Newton’s formula, based on Daniel 9:25, since 2008 and believes it has merit worth studying.

You take 49 prophetic years or 17,640 days from the time when the Jewish people are restored to Jerusalem, which occurred on June 7, 1967, and you arrive at Sept. 23, 2015.

“The Isaac Newton days going from 1967 to Yom Kippur 2015 which leads us into 2016 came from my original teachings back in 2008 that everyone is talking about,” Biltz said. “This lines up with the end of the biblical Shemitah and possible proclaiming of the year of Jubilee.”