Isn't This A Bit Much?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ever been homeless in this modern world Amigo? I have, be careful what you wish for, you might just get it.
I’d be interested in hearing the story of how God gave you homelessness. And what He taught you by it.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I've been homeless and also shared my home with the homeless. But if I don't have money then I don't have a home to share.

Let's face it Amigo, Job had riches and still loved God, it's recorded in the bible, and he probably did a lot of good with his riches.
Its as paul once said , LEARN to be content with such things as you already have .
And those who desire to be rich , want to be rich , fall into a snare .
Learn godliness with contentment . For truly i tell you it is great gain .
That will be my prayer for you as well .

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My prayer is neither . ITS LET THE WILL OF GOD BE DONE .
I already am homeless in this world . It aint my home anyway . And if by the will of GOD i were made homeless
true christains would share their homes . what is mine is yours and what is yours is mine .
I dont pray for this or that . I simply say , THE WILL OF GOD BE DONE .

The prayer of Jabez! It was something like...don’t give me so much that I forget You and don’t give me so little that I steal...

edit to add: I had that wrong in my memory. It’s in proverbs.
NLT
For if I grow rich, I may deny you and say, “Who is the Lord?” And if I am too poor, I may steal and thus insult God’s holy name.

Last edited:
Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I've been homeless and also shared my home with the homeless. But if I don't have money then I don't have a home to share.

Let's face it Amigo, Job had riches and still loved God, it's recorded in the bible, and he probably did a lot of good with his riches.
Simply work with your own two hands . Its simple really . Dont worry over a thing . dont think if that if you had much
and dont worry if you do lack . JUST TRUST IN GOD . Just TRULY trust in GOD .
Let the glorious Lord be praised .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The prayer of Jabez! It was something like...don’t give me so much that I forget You and don’t give me so little that I steal...
Correct . He said Lord give me two things lest i die .
Give me neither RICHES , unless i get full and deny you
and give me not poverty lest i become poor and steal and take your name in vain .
THAT PRAYER PROVED HE DID NOT TRUST IN HIMSELF , BUT ONLY IN GOD .
THIS has been our point , TO DEVIN . Its not about trusting in us , BUT ONLY IN GOD .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I corrected my post. It wasn’t jabez, it was in proverbs.
NLT
For if I grow rich, I may deny you and say, “Who is the Lord?” And if I am too poor, I may steal and thus insult God’s holy name.

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I corrected my post. It wasn’t jabez, it was in proverbs.
NLT
yes i think its either twenty two or twenty three .
But this proves a deep truth . that man didnt trust in himself . OR he would have said , GIVE me that money and i could help the poor .
NO . HE KNEW . ALL men can be tempted . We simply cannot trust in ourselves .
THE TRUTH IS , the only goodness in us , the only righteousness we have , IS FROM THE LORD .
But in our flesh lies much evil . THUS , trust only IN GOD . YES INDEED .
Now let all that has breath praise the glorious and wonderous Lord our hope and our salvation . PRAISE THE KING .

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’d be interested in hearing the story of how God gave you homelessness. And what He taught you by it.

I have schizophrenia and cystic fibrosis and am disabled. My Father has more of a tuff love and threw me out to see if I would get back on my feet. It was winter and when I came to see him he was surprised I was still alive. But for years I could care for myself and had a family of my own. But when my disabilities took over my life I could no longer work. My wife didn't want to be in public married to a disabled person so she divorced me and remarried 3 months later, took my kids to another state and I haven't been able to be their parent.

My story is similar to Job's in that I lost my wife, children, job, car, home. But now God has given some of that back to me. God was with me when I was homeless but it was still a lesson I really didn't enjoy, very unpleasant to be homeless in the freezing cold. I almost died from pneumonia.

What God taught me is how haughty people are that hate money. How arrogant they really are, when money can feed the homeless and take care of them.

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did He want the Israelites in the desert to care for themselves? No. He wanted them to TRUST Him.
Interestingly, speaking of Moses and their 40 years wandering in the desert, where they ended up in the promised land after leaving Egypt, was actually only 11days away.
The Hebrews wandered 40 years, or, for one generation.
Imagine that.
The elderly liberated from Egypt died before seeing the promised land. The middle aged likely would have too.
By the time they arrived, the newborns would have been 40 years of age.
And Moses, for all that he did in service to God, died without seeing the promised land because he struck a rock for water to quench the thirst of his people and the animals with them.

Bible Gateway passage: Numbers 20 - American Standard Version

Reactions: dev553344

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its truly wonderful to learn the biblical Jesus and all sound doctrine and reminders .
It does such good unto the soul . My prayers are for the people . That we return to bible reading
and be learning and growing in the grace of the Lord .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have schizophrenia and cystic fibrosis and am disabled. My Father has more of a tuff love and threw me out to see if I would get back on my feet. It was winter and when I came to see him he was surprised I was still alive. But for years I could care for myself and had a family of my own. But when my disabilities took over my life I could no longer work. My wife didn't want to be in public married to a disabled person so she divorced me and remarried 3 months later, took my kids to another state and I haven't been able to be their parent.

My story is similar to Job's in that I lost my wife, children, job, car, home. But now God has given some of that back to me. God was with me when I was homeless but it was still a lesson I really didn't enjoy, very unpleasant to be homeless in the freezing cold. I almost died from pneumonia.

What God taught me is how haughty people are that hate money. How arrogant they really are, when money can feed the homeless and take care of them.

Hmm...it’s haughty to not love money...can you show us the verses that lay that out?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I had a bit of that too. Not the sicknesses, but lost everything, husband, house, car, zero money to even rent a room, without a house. A few years after I met God it all happened. However, I did not take away from it that it is haughty to not love money. I also have had some of what I lost returned to me. It taught me to not trust in money, houses, cars, seeing as how it can evaporate in a moment.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmm...it’s haughty to not love money...can you show us the verses that lay that out?
You should be using common sense to figure that out. If they have no money then how are they to give to the poor? Matthew 25:35-46 , and do they hate the money which is used to blesses the poor, keeping in mind that we are commanded to bless the poor or end up in the lake of fire. Seems like a pretty important issue to God then. So do you support hate of the money used to bless the poor? Then in effect you support hate for supporting the poor. And that is evil, again see Matthew 25:35-46

What bothers me even more is people that complain about taxes that support the disabled and poor and then judge people that are on welfare as if they're dead beats in society.

Reactions: Amazed@grace

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One thing. Job's family didn't leave of their free will. They died.

What I'm getting from D's post is a typo leading to misunderstanding? I've crossed out the typo and fixed what I think was the mistake in the last of their post.

What God taught me is how haughty people are that hate have money. How arrogant they really are, when money can feed the homeless and take care of them.

And D? I'm sorry to read you suffered a sorry excuse for a father and a wife. They will answer to God in due time. God bless you and continue to give you strength.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had a bit of that too. Not the sicknesses, but lost everything, husband, house, car, zero money to even rent a room, without a house. A few years after I met God it all happened. However, I did not take away from it that it is haughty to not love money. I also have had some of what I lost returned to me. It taught me to not trust in money, houses, cars, seeing as how it can evaporate in a moment.
Sorry to hear that. I like being able to buy and sell, and for that then I like money or riches too. And I also enjoy helping the poor with my money, as I am often filled with Joy and Peace from the Holy Spirit in so doing (Galatians 5:22-23) which against such there is no law.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You should be using common sense to figure that out. If they have no money then how are they to give to the poor? Matthew 25:35-46 , and do they hate the money which is used to blesses the poor, keeping in mind that we are commanded to bless the poor or end up in the lake of fire. Seems like a pretty important issue to God then. So do you support hate of the money used to bless the poor? Then in effect you support hate for supporting the poor. And that is evil, again see Matthew 25:35-46

What bothers me even more is people that complain about taxes that support the disabled and poor and then judge people that are on welfare as if they're dead beats in society.

I’ll just leave you and God to work out your trust, but know this - you have absolutely nothing that God didn’t give you and He can LITERALLY send ravens to feed a man and make a pair of shoes not wear out and He can do those things without money. But do we BELIEVE it, or do we think He can only take care of us with mammon.

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One thing. Job's family didn't leave of their free will. They died.

What I'm getting from D's post is a typo leading to misunderstanding? I've crossed out the typo and fixed what I think was the mistake in the last of their post.

What God taught me is how haughty people are that hate have money. How arrogant they really are, when money can feed the homeless and take care of them.

And D? I'm sorry to read you suffered a sorry excuse for a father and a wife. They will answer to God in due time. God bless you and continue to give you strength.

You could read it that way, they don't trust in riches but instead God. But if you trust God then you'll want to help the poor as he commanded us to do. And to do that you'll need money.

I pray for my ex-wife and my family that they will be saved all the time. I don't judge them either as it is difficult to help the poor and not judge them. I have one person that I helped for years and they would get their money from SSI and spend it in 3 days time and then be homeless and asking me for help. I helped them quite a bit but it was really annoying. They are mentally retarded and can't manage money though. But I often got caught up in being judgmental.

Reactions: Amazed@grace

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’ll just leave you and God to work out your trust, but know this - you have absolutely nothing that God didn’t give you and He can LITERALLY send ravens to feed a man and make a pair of shoes not wear out.
He also blesses people with youth and some he doesn't. He does this thru the Holy Spirit of Life. The more your filled with the Holy Spirit the longer your years might be.

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You could read it that way, they don't trust in riches but instead God. But if you trust God then you'll want to help the poor as he commanded us to do. And to do that you'll need money.

I pray for my ex-wife and my family that they will be saved all the time. I don't judge them either as it is difficult to help the poor and not judge them. I have one person that I helped for years and they would get their money from SSI and spend it in 3 days time and then be homeless and asking me for help. I helped them quite a bit but it was really annoying. They are mentally retarded and can't manage money though. But I often got caught up in being judgmental.
We are not told to never judge. We're told when we do, use righteous judgement.

I think you have every right to judge your dad.
He cast you out, knowing your infirmities, and left you to die for all he knew.
He didn't seek you out, did he?
He threw you out.
You have a righteous cause to judge that when God does not abandon his children. Isaiah 49.

You have every right to judge your ex-wife who showed no respect for you, her children's dad, nor respect for her vows.

With regard to homeless. Sadly there are many out there who scam open hearts, while playing the role of homeless.

A number of years ago here a homeless guy we all knew and who hung out at an entrance ramp to a main interstate in Tampa would hold up the, will work for food, sign.

An undercover news crew sat on him all day.

At dusk the guy folded his sign, put it under his arm, and walked a few blocks to a T-tagged top of the line Mercedes.
He then drove to a townhouse in one of the swankiest neighborhoods in Tampa.
He fled when the news crew approached, cameras rolling,asking how he could scam people that way.

There are fake homeless vets here too.

This doesn't mean there aren't real desperate homeless out there. Of course there are. Homeless, especially kids, will adopt a stray pet to join them. Because people are more likely to donate money when thinking it will help that hungry puppy or kitten.

The risk there in giving them money is in how they spend it. Do they buy food? Or do they buy alcohol and smoke, even drugs?

And let's not forget, homeless prey on one another. Hard to imagine but it's true.

If we want to help homeless, buy food and juice and water. Buy wipes, so they can clean their bodies. Dry spray shampoo so to "wash" their hair. Toothpaste, toothbrushes, deoderant. And for homeless women, tampons, underwear,and maxipads would be a blessing. Donate clothes you would otherwise give to Goodwill.
Especially coats, sweaters, socks, shoes, blankets, in winter.
Sunscreen in summer. Got a spare tent? Sleeping bag?

Rent a mailbox for them at a mail center so they are able to get SSI checks for having what appears as a permanent address. All perfectly legal.
And donating a basic first aid kit is a great idea too.

And if you own a business, consider having a chat with them. You never know who out there may be a veteran, or a down on their luck PhD.
If you don't own a business, take time and have a chat. :)

Last year I kept running into a deaf homeless woman.Girl really,maybe 20?
After the third encounter,when before I would give her cash,she approached me in a parking lot of a strip mall. She asked for change so she could buy tampons at the nearby dollar store.

I took her shopping instead. Food, tampons,and a nice winter jacket from the local Goodwill because it had her favorite baseball team logo on the front.

She asked me to take her to the local bus station after. She was going back to her home (big) city. Because the people in my area were cold and uncaring. While those in her city were more generous.
We parted with me giving her a Bible I'd bought the week before and from that same dollar store.
That voice of holy spirit told me to as I was passing the book section.
I own many bibles, but I obeyed.

She laughed,and smiled and danced around, clutching it to her chest she thanked me.
"I love this book!" She said. All smiles.

We hugged and she went off to catch her bus back to the city.
I never saw her again.
Save for the grace of God there go I.

And I know this is a long post. But it's inspired.
I say this because in perusing the boards I've found threads asking what members think of "wall posts" , long posts.
One thread is understandable , but I think more than one is a message. Sent to those who make them. Because the thread invites replies, and sometimes harsh criticism
"I never read them." , is not an uncommon response to find.

Just a thought.
If you can't stand to take time to read long,wall, posts,and never read them, what do you do with the online Bible? Or the book itself?
Those are far more words to read than almost any post.

If you got this far, thank you for your time. God bless.:)