Israel and Destiny?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncsojourner

Mar 15, 2008
(Two;43617)
(2Chr 6:6 [KJV])But I have chosen Jerusalem, that my name might be there; and have chosen David to be over my people Israel.(Isa 43:20 [KJV])The beast of the field shall honour me, the dragons and the owls: because I give waters in the wilderness, [and] rivers in the desert, to give drink to my people, my chosen.Israel is the center of the Middle East, Jerusalem is the center of Israel. In that first verse God chose Jerusalem, chose David to rule over them "my People" the people of Israel. For some reason people have this wild idea that God has just gave up on Israel thats not the case at all far from it. Folks need to read the history of the Jewish state. (2Chr 6:5 [KJV])Since the day that I brought forth my people out of the land of Egypt I chose no city among all the tribes of Israel to build an house in, that my name might be there; neither chose I any man to be a ruler over my people Israel:(Ps 14:7 [KJV])Oh that the salvation of Israel [were come] out of Zion! when the LORD bringeth back the captivity of his people, Jacob shall rejoice, [and] Israel shall be glad.(Ps 50:7 [KJV])Hear, O my people, and I will speak; O Israel, and I will testify against thee: I [am] God, [even] thy God.(Ps 53:6 [KJV])Oh that the salvation of Israel [were come] out of Zion! When God bringeth back the captivity of his people, Jacob shall rejoice, [and] Israel shall be glad.(Ps 114:2 [KJV])Judah was his sanctuary, [and] Israel his dominion.(Ps 121:4 [KJV])Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.(Ps 135:4 [KJV])For the LORD hath chosen Jacob unto himself, [and] Israel for his peculiar treasure.Need anymore I got hundreds..........
Need some more. You have yet to find one. The only way that any of those passages could mean what you think they say is if the terms Israel and Jew are synonymous. They are Not synonymous. If they were, God's prophecy in Eze 37:16-22 could not be fulfilled."Strictly speaking it is incorrect to call an ancient Israelite a "Jew" or to call a contemporary Jew an Israelite or a Hebrew." 1980 Jewish Almanac, P.3Gary

arniem

Mar 17, 2008
(Maveric;38267)
I believe that Israel holds a divine place in God's overall plan. She is the olive tree into which we as Christians have been grafted. She has been blinded by God for the salvation of the Gentiles, but in the words of Paul, "all Israel shall be saved.":)
If this whole subject could be summarized in three sentences , you did it !!!Well said Maveric. Thank you.

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
(arniem;43727)
If this whole subject could be summarized in three sentences , you did it !!!Well said Maveric. Thank you.
No he did'nt either....what are you thanking him for, nothing?

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
(ncsojourner;43702)
Need some more. You have yet to find one. The only way that any of those passages could mean what you think they say is if the terms Israel and Jew are synonymous. They are Not synonymous. If they were, God's prophecy in Eze 37:16-22 could not be fulfilled."Strictly speaking it is incorrect to call an ancient Israelite a "Jew" or to call a contemporary Jew an Israelite or a Hebrew." 1980 Jewish Almanac, P.3Gary
I found plenty you just cannot see the forest for the trees............
The English word Israelite derives from ישראל (Standard Yisraʾel Tiberian Yiśrāʾēl), referring to the name given to Jacob (Genesis 32:28), which is traditionally translated as he struggles with God. Thus, his descendants are called the People of Israel, or Israelites.

In English the term Israelite typically denotes the ancient people of the Biblical period descended directly from Jacob (Israel) while Jew is used for any person of Jewish identity regardless of historical period or ancestry.
Agian your outdated source is wrong............

ncsojourner

Mar 15, 2008
(Two;43743)
I found plenty you just cannot see the forest for the trees............Agian your outdated source is wrong............
Hahaha!!! I give a quote from the very same people that you claim are "God's chosen people", and then you try to claim they know not what they are saying!!!"Strictly speaking it is incorrect to call an ancient Israelite a "Jew" or to call a contemporary Jew an Israelite or a Hebrew." 1980 Jewish Almanac, P.3At least I give references.....Rabbi Ben Zion Bokser wrote in "Judaism and the Christian Predicament" (New York: Alfred A. Knopf, 1967) p. 59: "This is not an uncommon impression and one finds it sometimes among Jews as well as Christians - that Judaism is the religion of the Hebrew Bible. It is, of course, a fallacious impression. Judaism is not the religion of the Bible." Rabbi Moshe M. Maggal, wrote: "...you will notice the great difference between the Jewish and Christian religions. But these are not all. We consider the two religions so different that one excludes the other. ...we emphasized that there is no such thing as a Judeo-Christian religion. There is not any similarity between the two concepts." [Rabbi Maggal (President, National Jewish Information Service) letter, 21 August 1961.]Gary

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Well now I know why you've lost it you are looking at the whole thing backwards of course a Jew would say that its why they are Jews.!!!They haven't yet accepted Christ. It is only a messianic Jew or Christian who could see that's not true. You act like you have discovered some great truth obviously if a Jew accepts Christ as messiah he is no longer just a Jew but a messianic JewSense your quote was from a Rabbi he would think that. So I dont see what you think you have provedor is that messianic Israelite, or messianic Hebrew? Naw, strickly speaking think I'll stick with messianic Jew:)

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
ncsojourner;43799]Hahaha!!! I give a quote from the very same people that you claim are "God said:
No theres not and I never said there was.
At least I give references.....
Old and outdated times change thinking changes.
Judaism is not the religion of the Bible.
What is this? Without Judaism there would be no Bible....
Hahaha!!! I give a quote from the very same people that you claim are "God's chosen people", and then you try to claim they know not what they are saying!!!
Learn something and come back when you can say something different....you ought to know that interpretations in religion are has varied as politics and no two people interpret things the same way. Your grasping at straws trying to prove your fallacy and the fact you cannot accept the Jews are Gods chosen people.

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
or is that messianic Israelite, or messianic Hebrew? Naw, strickly speaking think I'll stick with messianic Jew
According to Judaism, Messianic,Jews for Jesus and Hebrew Christians are no longer considered Jewish once they accept the Messiah as the Saviour they are considered Christians. I googled the Rabbi he was speaking of he only took parts of the Rabbis work not the complete work itself so there fore hes been mislead by himself not the Rabbi.

kernelspy

Feb 24, 2008
(Two;43632)
http://whatjewsbelieve.org
I must admit that this is a total cr*p link that you posted. All of the quotes here are taken from the Old Testament!Jews believe that one person cannot die for the sins of another person?Jews believe that Jesus was not the messiah?!?C'mon.......... at least give credi from the New Testament.:naughty:
rolleyes.gif
[url="http://www.matthewmcgee.org/evidence.html]http://www.matthewmcgee.org/evidence.html[/url]

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
(kernelspy;43892)
I must admit that this is a total cr*p link that you posted. All of the quotes here are taken from the Old Testament!Jews believe that one person cannot die for the sins of another person?Jews believe that Jesus was not the messiah?!?C'mon.......... at least give credi from the New Testament.:naughty:
rolleyes.gif
http://www.matthewmcgee.org/evidence.html

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
closed upon request from member anyone wanting to discuss something they feel unanswered please start a new thread

Status
Not open for further replies.