It is not in the bible.....sola scripture

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
BreadOfLife said:
First of all - Jesus NEVER disowned His Mother, Einstein.
For Him to do so would have been an abomination in the eyes of God because of the Commandment to "HONOR your Father and Mother."

Matt. 12:48-5
But he replied to the man who told him, “Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?” And stretching out his hand toward his disciples, he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers! For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.

I included the part YOU conveniently left out.

Mary DID the will of the Father because she was "Kecharitomene" - so Jesus was not "disowning" her.

Rather, He was pointing to people like her that obeyed God.
you are a broken record, BoL. I mean, no offense, but imo you are trapped in a hell of your own making, as long as you insist upon your own bias, and refuse to even contemplate other valid povs. You claim godhood yourself in doing this. You claim to know, when no one knows, and you ignore the middle way to serve at your own altar. It seems to me. If you cannot hear, how can you change your mind?

If you cannot be wrong, why do i need God? I can just worship you lol.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
twinc said:
so why is it believed and accepted that Mary had children other than Jesus - twinc
this is a distraction, and it is completely moot, unless Mary is your savior. A better question might be "Why does Mary figure in your pantheon?" or "Why does Scripture explicitly state that Joseph waited to consummate the marriage, rather than just ending the sentence in the manner that my sect interprets It?" And the answer is "So that i might see, and not see."

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bbyrd009 said:
you are a broken record, BoL. I mean, no offense, but imo you are trapped in a hell of your own making, as long as you insist upon your own bias, and refuse to even contemplate other valid povs. You claim godhood yourself in doing this. You claim to know, when no one knows, and you ignore the middle way to serve at your own altar. It seems to me. If you cannot hear, how can you change your mind?

If you cannot be wrong, why do i need God? I can just worship you lol.
Hey - I'm wrong about a lot of things.
Christ's Church, on the other hand, can't teach things that are wrong because it is guided to ALL truth by the Holy Spirit (John 16:12-15).

YOUR problem, besides an appalling lack of faith, is the fact that you reject the God-given Authority of His Church (Matt. 16:18-19, Matt. 18:15-18, Luke 10:16, John 16:12-15, John 20:21023).

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bbyrd009 said:
this is a distraction, and it is completely moot, unless Mary is your savior. A better question might be "Why does Mary figure in your pantheon?" or "Why does Scripture explicitly state that Joseph waited to consummate the marriage, rather than just ending the sentence in the manner that my sect interprets It?" And the answer is "So that i might see, and not see."
First of all - we don't worship Mary - as you've been told repeatedly.
This is no longer a point of ignorance on your part - now, you are simply lying.

Secondly - I would LOVE for you to show me the passage of Scripture that tells us how Joseph and Mary "consummated" their marriage.

Chapter and Verse, please . . .

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BreadOfLife said:
First of all - Jesus NEVER disowned His Mother, Einstein.
For Him to do so would have been an abomination in the eyes of God because of the Commandment to "HONOR your Father and Mother."

Matt. 12:48-5
But he replied to the man who told him, “Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?” And stretching out his hand toward his disciples, he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers! For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.

I included the part YOU conveniently left out.

Mary DID the will of the Father because she was "Kecharitomene" - so Jesus was not "disowning" her.

Rather, He was pointing to people like her that obeyed God.

[SIZE=medium]I won’t dispute or attempt to diminish Mary’s place of honour as the Lord’s mother and thereby, making her blessed among women. But there is another chaste virgin spoken of …the bride of Christ. Who is washed clean and made righteous (righteous meaning right “right with God”) [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]only because[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] of the blood of the Lamb. One day, there will be a consummation of that marriage—the marriage of the Lamb. Genesis 2: 24 says: “Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.” Again, this command is given in Ephesians 5: 31: “For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]A man is to [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]leave his mother[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] and father…and [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]cleave[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] to his wife because the two become one. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]I am not condemning the roman catholic church nor attacking it. I am trying to understand because I pray every day if there is something I need to see, if I am wrong, then I want to see the error in my thinking. This is what I struggle with. Rarely do I read RC posting about Jesus. Yes, Jesus is included but the post are predominating battling for the Mother Mary and tradition and any thing else to deflect from Christ. [/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]If a Thread begins about Jesus, RC's seem to rarely participate and if they do participate, they steer the thread toward, once again…back to Mary, tradition, and any thing else that deflects from Christ. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]The only way for someone to truly have a relationship with God is [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]through Christ[/SIZE][SIZE=medium]. Christ is the only way. And when we steer someone away from an intimate relationship with Christ, we are inadvertently preventing that relationship from maturing. Saying “Mary prays to the Father on our behalf” is no different than instructing someone they must go to their earthly husband’s mother to have her speak on their behalf. I do not want my husband’s mother speaking on my behalf. [/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]My husband’s mother does not know me intimately (thoughts, actions, hindrances). My relationship and earthly marriage is with my husband, not his mother. I would want my husband to speak on my behalf because he knows my needs better than anyone else. The only way I would even consider going to my husband's mother instead of my husband would be if there was no communication between my husband and I. Then I might be tempted to have my mother-in-law speak on my behalf. If there was no relationship with my husband. Which implications are frightening.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium](Matthew 1: 23) “[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]What is the first that catches your attention in that verse? Mary? Or the “God with us”? I want THE HUSBAND(JESUS CHRIST) speaking on my behalf to the father. No one else!! Even worse, instructing that I need the Pope to speak to the Father on my behalf; a man that doesn’t even know my name...makes absolutely no sense. The pope has no idea how I can best serve God. Scripture says I am to be in subjection to my husband. I have to add: If I came to your house every day and walked up to your wife and pointed at your mother and told your wife, "Go to her ." How long would you allow it?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]The Psalms do not cry out to Mary. Who is the affection of the Songs of Solomon? Scripture does not reveal Mary. Who did Paul preach? Paul preached the volume of the book…CHRIST. Whose name is proclaimed throughout the book of revelation? Who do we want to intercede for us? Who do we want to pray on our behalf? Mary, the pope, or the Lord( God with us)? [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]If you knew tomorrow that your time here was short: would you spend it proclaiming Mary? Would you spend it praising Mary? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium](Psalm 150: 6) “Let every thing that hath breath praise the Lord. Praise ye the Lord.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium](Matt 23: 13) “But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, because you shut off the kingdom of heaven from people; for you do not enter in yourselves, nor do you allow those who are entering to go in.” I read that to mean the scribes and Pharisees blocked the way and prevented relationship. The husband( Jesus Christ- God with us) wants relationship and to speak before an Almighty God on His bride’s behalf. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium](Luke 11: 27) “[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]​I really do not understand. :( [/SIZE]Where are the post by RCs proclaiming Christ and ONLY Christ. Why divert others to every thing BUT simply Christ?

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
ya, best of luck there--the guy has obviously suffered a lot of psychological abuse as a child or something, and i have no desire to add to it--but yikes already.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
VictoryinJesus said:
[SIZE=medium]I won’t dispute or attempt to diminish Mary’s place of honour as the Lord’s mother and thereby, making her blessed among women. But there is another chaste virgin spoken of …the bride of Christ. Who is washed clean and made righteous (righteous meaning right “right with God”) [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]only because[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] of the blood of the Lamb. One day, there will be a consummation of that marriage—the marriage of the Lamb. Genesis 2: 24 says: “Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.” Again, this command is given in Ephesians 5: 31: “For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]A man is to [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]leave his mother[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] and father…and [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]cleave[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] to his wife because the two become one. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]I am not condemning the roman catholic church nor attacking it. I am trying to understand because I pray every day if there is something I need to see, if I am wrong, then I want to see the error in my thinking. This is what I struggle with. Rarely do I read RC posting about Jesus. Yes, Jesus is included but the post are predominating battling for the Mother Mary and tradition and any thing else to deflect from Christ. [/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]If a Thread begins about Jesus, RC's seem to rarely participate and if they do participate, they steer the thread toward, once again…back to Mary, tradition, and any thing else that deflects from Christ. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]The only way for someone to truly have a relationship with God is [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]through Christ[/SIZE][SIZE=medium]. Christ is the only way. And when we steer someone away from an intimate relationship with Christ, we are inadvertently preventing that relationship from maturing. Saying “Mary prays to the Father on our behalf” is no different than instructing someone they must go to their earthly husband’s mother to have her speak on their behalf. I do not want my husband’s mother speaking on my behalf. [/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]My husband’s mother does not know me intimately (thoughts, actions, hindrances). My relationship and earthly marriage is with my husband, not his mother. I would want my husband to speak on my behalf because he knows my needs better than anyone else. The only way I would even consider going to my husband's mother instead of my husband would be if there was no communication between my husband and I. Then I might be tempted to have my mother-in-law speak on my behalf. If there was no relationship with my husband. Which implications are frightening.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium](Matthew 1: 23) “[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]What is the first that catches your attention in that verse? Mary? Or the “God with us”? I want THE HUSBAND(JESUS CHRIST) speaking on my behalf to the father. No one else!! Even worse, instructing that I need the Pope to speak to the Father on my behalf; a man that doesn’t even know my name...makes absolutely no sense. The pope has no idea how I can best serve God. Scripture says I am to be in subjection to my husband. I have to add: If I came to your house every day and walked up to your wife and pointed at your mother and told your wife, "Go to her ." How long would you allow it?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]The Psalms do not cry out to Mary. Who is the affection of the Songs of Solomon? Scripture does not reveal Mary. Who did Paul preach? Paul preached the volume of the book…CHRIST. Whose name is proclaimed throughout the book of revelation? Who do we want to intercede for us? Who do we want to pray on our behalf? Mary, the pope, or the Lord( God with us)? [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]If you knew tomorrow that your time here was short: would you spend it proclaiming Mary? Would you spend it praising Mary? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium](Psalm 150: 6) “Let every thing that hath breath praise the Lord. Praise ye the Lord.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium](Matt 23: 13) “But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, because you shut off the kingdom of heaven from people; for you do not enter in yourselves, nor do you allow those who are entering to go in.” I read that to mean the scribes and Pharisees blocked the way and prevented relationship. The husband( Jesus Christ- God with us) wants relationship and to speak before an Almighty God on His bride’s behalf. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium](Luke 11: 27) “[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]​I really do not understand. :( [/SIZE]Where are the post by RCs proclaiming Christ and ONLY Christ. Why divert others to every thing BUT simply Christ?
It's not Catholics that divert onto Mary and Tradition but Protestants.

As for your comment [SIZE=medium]"Scripture does not reveal Mary." that just betrays and ignorance of Scripture.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]As an Orthodox writer put it:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]"There is no room for the Mother of God in a "reduced Christology." Protestant theologians simply have nothing to say about her. Yet to ignore the Mother means to misinterpret the Son. "[/SIZE]

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
VictoryinJesus said:

[SIZE=12pt]​I really do not understand. :( Where are the post by RCs proclaiming Christ and ONLY Christ. Why divert others to every thing BUT simply Christ? [/SIZE]
Thanks for the post.
First of all – the Catholic Church has ALWAYS taught that the only way to the Father is through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. The Church have NEVER taught that Mary is “another” way to salvation. Christ is our focus ad always HAS been, as it was the Catholic Church who taught the world about Him.

As for forums like this – the reason you hear so much about Mary is NOT because it was brought up by a Catholic – but because it was brought up by an obsessive anti-Catholic. The Catholics on this and many other forums are then, left to defend our position with Scripture, Tradition and history.

Mary is not the main focus of the Church. She plays a role in salvation history by pointing to her Son. When I hear angry and ignorant attacks against the mother of our Lord by people who claim that He “disowned” her or denigrated her in the verses mentioned – that kind of manure makes me respond for TWO reasons:
a ) Jesus was not a sinner and would NEVER have dishonored His mother.
b ) Not only is Mary the mother of our Lord – she is to be called “Blessed” by ALL generations

These are Biblical truths – not some minor Catholic tradition.

Finally – the asinine claim that we “worship” Mary and the saints because we ASK them to pray FOR us makes us have to explain ourselves ad nauseam to deaf, hate-filled, anti-Catholic ears.

In all fairness – I don’t include your post in that number because you have asked fair and honest questions for the sake of a charitable conversation.

Do you HAVE to pray to Mary or the saints in Heaven for prayer? No.
However – why wouldn’t you?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bbyrd009 said:
ya, best of luck there--the guy has obviously suffered a lot of psychological abuse as a child or something, and i have no desire to add to it--but yikes already.
Just putting out the fires of your astounding ignorance and hatred . . .

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Mungo said:
It is not plainly stated in the Bible. If it was you could quote chapter and verse. But you give none.

You accuse Catholics of having a pagan agenda, of being Papists, and Mary worship, and then you think you deserve some respect?
Mungo,

Is the Trinity 'plainly stated in the Bible'? do you believe in the Trinity?

Oz

Reactions: bbyrd009

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Amen,

Christianity is about Christ, but religion has replaced Him, stolen His divintiy, shared His sinless nature, and made He who is everything , become nothing.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
OzSpen said:
Mungo,

Is the Trinity 'plainly stated in the Bible'? do you believe in the Trinity?

Oz
You raise a response to someone else, on a different topic, 175 posts ago. Totally irrelevant.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
mjrhealth said:
Amen,

Christianity is about Christ, but religion has replaced Him, stolen His divintiy, shared His sinless nature, and made He who is everything , become nothing.
What utter garbage!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
mjrhealth said:
Amen,

Word.

While i don't think this necessarily even condemns every heart that has been indoctrinated to pray to Mary as a goddess, perhaps, i don't see how someone could maintain with a straight face that it is not a distraction away from Christ. Vehemently denying it ends up affirming it, like insisting that "Mary being sinless does not make her into a god" does. You just end up referring people to your own denial.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
bbyrd009 said:
Word.

While i don't think this necessarily even condemns every heart that has been indoctrinated to pray to Mary as a goddess, perhaps, i don't see how someone could maintain with a straight face that it is not a distraction away from Christ. Vehemently denying it ends up affirming it, like insisting that "Mary being sinless does not make her into a god" does. You just end up referring people to your own denial.
You are entitled to your opinion. But like most of your opinions is a very stupid one.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bbyrd009 said:
Word.

Why don't you stop lying for a change bbyrd??
Got hates lies and Satan is the Father of lies - so why do you persist in them??

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger said:
Mary

The reason the reformers were right and the Roman church was not right, was because the reformers were going back to the Bible as the source for what they believed. They say the Bible instead of the Roman church is the basis for what they believed.

My point was that perpetual virginity was not needed for the marriage of Mary and Joseph to not be a normal one. Perpetual virginity was not necessary for any reason other than to glorify Mary and place her on a level God never intended. The 10 concubines of David were just that. The 10. That doesn't mean David no longer had sex with other of his wives. There is a difference between wives and concubines. And there is no reason to think David did not have other concubines after this. David put these 10 away not because God commanded. But because Absalom made a point to have sex with these to prove his right to the throne. David wanted nothing more to do with these. (2nd Samuel 16:21-22)

Mary was of the Davidic line also. No need to have Joseph there. And, the virgin birth was kept secret from the Jews. It was not broadcast. The marriage of Mary and Joseph would be important only to conceal the 'virgin birth'. Thus there was no reason for perpetual virginity. Once the Messiah was born of a virgin, no reason to now remain a virgin. Scripture didn't require it.
See (Ps. 69:8) for proof of other children by Mary.

Well, you said Mary is divine. And you said if she had relations with Joseph she was an adulteress. So, that is why I said, that you seem to be saying Mary is either divine or a whore. I say, Mary is not 'divine'. She is a special woman indeed. But not 'divine'. Was she virgin born also? Because that is what it takes to be free from Adams sin, as Christ was. And if she was virgin born, then was her mother 'divine' also? Mary was highly blessed of God among women. But she was still just a woman. She was not the Mother of God. God has no mother or father or beginning or end. She was the mother of the Godman, Jesus Christ. Big difference.

Understand, I am not anti-catholic. I am against the Roman errors that have crept into your church. And this I believe to be one of them. You have wished me well, and I wish you well also. I know there are many within the Roman church who are believers in Christ, just as the reformers were part of the Roman church. I appreciate your method of writing which reflects your attitude concerning these things. And I know it is a volatile subject. Grace and peace to you also.

Stranger
An anti-Catholic is a cowardly person who resorts to spinning lies and fairy tales about the Catholic Church because he doesn't have any real evidence to go from. He doesn't have the foggiest idea about what the Church actually teaches but he continues to spew out lie after lie as if he did.
By that definition - you ARE an anti-Catholic.

In fact - you just LIED again when you said that I claimed Mary was "divine".
I never made that claim and neither does the Church. Try telling the truth for a change and MAYBE you'll get somewhere . . .

As for Mary's perpetual virginity NOT being Biblical - this is false. Both type and prophecy (Ezek. 4:42) reveal this truth - and I have shown you BOTH.

We read the prophecy from Ezekiel regarding her Perpetual Virginity:
Ezek. 4:42
The LORD said to me, "This gate is to remain shut. It must not be opened; no one may enter through it. It is to remain shut because the LORD, the God of Israel, has entered through it.

Mary is the Ark of the NEW Covenant (Jesus), and the Ark was not to be touched or defiled by man.
The comparisons of Type and Fulfillment of the Ark below are unmistakable:

OT - "Who am I that the Ark of my Lord should come to me?" (2 Sam. 6:9)
NT - "Who am I that the mother of my Lord should come to me?" (Luke 1:43)

OT - The When the Ark carrying the Word of God returned “David was leaping and dancing before the Lord” (2 Sam. 6:14)
NT - When Mary came into Elizabeth's presence carrying the word of God, the baby “leaped for joy” in Elizabeth's womb (Luke 2:38)

OT - The Ark carrying the Word of God is brought to the house of Obed-Edom for 3 months, where it was a blessing. (2 Sam. 6:11)
NT - Mary (the new Ark) carrying the Word of God goes to Elizabeth's house for 3 months, where she is a blessing (Luke 1:56)

OT - The Ark is captured (1 Sam 4:11) and brought to a foreign land and later returns (1 Sam 6:13)
NT - Mary (the new Ark) is exiled to a foreign land (Egypt) and later returns (Matt. 2:14)

OT - The On the Day of the Dedication of the Temple which Solomon built, there were 120 priests present (2 Chron. 5:11). The Ark of the covenant was carried into the Temple (2 Chron. 5:7) and fire came down from Heaven to consume the burnt offering (2 Chron. 7:7).

NT - The On the Day of Pentecost, there were 120 disciples of Jesus present in the Upper Room (Acts 1:15). Mar, the Mother of Jesus and the Ark of the NEW Covenant was also present while the Holy Spirit came down as tongues of fire (Acts 2:3).

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
sic 'er bol, snarf.

Mar, the Mother of Jesus and the Ark of the NEW Covenant was also present while the Holy Spirit came down as tongues of fire (Acts 2:3).
you just make this up as you go or what
http://biblehub.com/lexicon/acts/2-3.htm
VZQx9jh.png
(try Wicca or something, maybe)
sorry Bol, it is not in the Bible.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Mary is the Ark of the NEW Covenant (Jesus), and the Ark was not to be touched or defiled by man.
The comparisons of Type and Fulfillment of the Ark below are unmistakable:
And you speak of lies and twisting scrippture.....

Got hates lies and Satan is the Father of lies - so why do you persist in them??
Amen,
so BOL why do you??'''''